PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    "I shall be back properly tomorrow just wanted a certain person to know I'm on the case........again "
    Oooooooh do yer worst Miss Marpolly! NO BODIES=NO EVIDENCE ;)
    Cheapskate I have had spiky black hair in the past, but now it's Judi Dench ash blonde.
    Was at osteopath this morning, she has made a huge difference in a week but my goodness I do hurt when I get out of there :eek:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Drained 'ere. I need to whisper this bit. I' m an autumnal cosy person who likes slippers and cardi's This summer has me beat! You heard? *ducks!

I'm having stomach issues which isn't helping. I'm on very basic food which isn't helping. I have a teenager and a preteen which isn't helping. I'm out of my routine which isn't helping.

Basically I'm trying to stop myself entering further into low mood-dom and struggling but...

I'm yarn bombing my bedroom ala Attic24 crochet style. First up is a multicoloured, country hued, granny stripe bed blanket. I'm sat too much on my behind though.

Excuse me?! Can you stop that Get Up and Go? It's Got Up and Gone away up the hill there!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a print of a dominatrix by Beryl Cook on my bedroom wall.

We did the Caen Hill Flight this morning, we set of at 8:10 and took 2 hours and 10 minutes, we stopped or shopping and then did the final 6 locks, at lock 49 I stuffed my face with Sun warmed blackberries.

Once through lock 50 we moored up on a 72 hour mooring, we will probably move off again tomorrow.

It is very hot now but it was cool and breezy until 2 which is when we moored. It's a pleasure working the lock when it's cooler.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's passing FUDS and only for a limited time, you'll get through it love and maybe even miss them when they go back to school in September. They don't tell you about school holibobs when you're pregnant do they? swizz!

I hope Kittie comes back to us as soon as she's able, there's been a gap and we've kept her biscuit tin topped up, kettles on the hob and tea's in the pot waiting and so are we xxx.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've just had to dash out and get the washing off the line because IT'S RAINING!!! totally wonderful, I'm damp and a bit cooler all round, lovely!!!

It rained here, blinked and it was gone :(
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    HH am so glad to read you got through that flight...but then you have to come back again...:eek:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is raining again whoopee!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is raining again whoopee!

And here :D The cats have come home too :j they have been 'camping' out in the hot weather

Hope it dries up for the last Friday of Cowes Week as it's traditionally firework night and the red arrows do a flighpast
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2018 at 6:51PM
    Options
    No rain here, a few drops earlier but nothing although sky has gone all white but has been that way for a while. According to my Alexa if there is rain it will be at 22.00 hrs. Hmm. Don't believe everything she utters! Hahaha!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    No Floss, we went down the flight last week we are now on our return journey and we have 2 weeks to pootle gently back.
    We are planning a pub meal tomorrow.

When I was working on one of the locks someone asked me how far it was to the Crofton Beam Engine, when I told her I didn't know she said 'I thought you volunteer's knew everything about the canals. I explained that I wasn't a volunteer I was a boat owner!
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure