PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oompf. Just taking 5 while the dinner cooks itself (Remoska :) ).

Have had a useful day off. Taxed my car, invoiced my remote client by email, made plum and ginger jam with a few apricots thrown in, vacced, rang my mum (she's 'babysitting' at my brother's - the kids are 8 and 13), sat in the sunny garden for my lunchbreak, and *whispers* ordered a few garments in the sale, for my forthcoming walking holiday :D
    Oh, and I tried but failed to do a cryptic crossword. I had an old mag and found the answers in a later edition and I STILL don't know how come they are the answers..... am not on the same wavelength, I guess!

One of my clients has cancelled tomorrow so after the first 2 hours I have an unexpected opportunity to lunch with a dear friend. I'm taking a nice salad and some tasty chicken for us both, she'll provide fruit for 'afters' :D

Definitely cooler here now, but doesn't look like rain :(
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Rained here all morning! and more to come tomorrow. Feel free to come and take it away.
    I'm to go for an Xray on the wrist now, as the osteopath thinks my wrist pain and hand numbness could maybe be a broken scaphoid. 5 weeks on from the fall and counting...
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rained here for all of 5 mins - heard a rumble of thunder about 2 mins ago smells like rain but nada

Hester - so glad you have finished the Caen Flight - you'll have muscles like the land girl adverts! How did I guess about the Beryl Cook?

Islandmaid - weather looks OK for Friday but not sure about Saturday at the mo - just my luck. One way or another Monna and I are not destined to meet. :(
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheapskate wrote: »
    Just like one of my Ladybird books!! :D

I also have images in my head of you lot - very favourable, I might add! GQ is an Amazon, resplendent in Zena Warrior Princess garb, wielding a mattock; monna is a pretty, Margaret Rutherford type, but with the most exquisite designer underthings - in red or emerald green; mar has spiky black hair, leather and tartan biker gear, but very gurly underpinnings; Lyn, I picture you as an elegant, grey-haired Alys Fowler, gaily tripping down to the lottie; Lame wolf, I can see your chair all "blinged up", as you sit there dressed like an Edwardian lady; fuddle, although I know what you look like, I always pictured you as tall, raven-haired, dressed somewhere between hippy and steampunk... :D:D

Well, DS#1 got married last Saturday, is in Rome for his honeymoon, and I earned my first wages in 5 years this weekend, so all's well at the moment! ;)

A xo

I love your pictures of us Cheapskate. I am indeed as pretty as Margaret Rutherford, you are quite right there. Sadly my undertthings are exquisitely designed by M&S or F&F and were boringly white once upon a time.

Do you mean, mar, that as well as an agonising shoulder you have also been suffering an undiagnosed broken wrist? I know that into each life some rain must fall, but you have a veritable deluge.

Well, The suitcase is packed and standing inside the door. The house is almost spotless. Millie is twitchy. DiL has been detailed to pick me up on her way to work and my clothes are laid out ready.

All I have to do is wake up in time. I've packed my alarm clock!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you have an absolutely smashing time with DB and the family Monna xxx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Monna have a lovely time, but hurry home x. Hope DB has a fab time xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time Monna. You could set the alarm on your mobile phone if you think you may oversleep?

Speaking of alarms - DH has been complaining about bunged up ears for 2 weeks. I have him putting olive oil in and laying on his side for at least 10 mins a time but.....Sunday I got up early and put the alarm clock on my pillow so he could reach it easily when it rang :)
    I was busy downstairs and heard the alarm. He didn't switch it off. It kept ringing for ages. Still no action. I panicked and rushed upstairs to check whether he was still breathing! He was snoring. So I guess he wasn't exaggerating when he said he is very deaf atm :rotfl:
    I shall have to make an appointment at Docs if his ears don't clear by the weekend.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dear oh dear as soon as I see 'bunged up' I always think constipation. Then I need to read properly and not get ahead of myself!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Helebore wrote: »
    Dear oh dear as soon as I see 'bunged up' I always think constipation. Then I need to read properly and not get ahead of myself!

:rotfl::rotfl:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time Monnagran. We shall miss you! xx

Oh mar, I missed that you were still having pain and numbness in your wrist and hand. You poor wee soul :(

All for now, knackered after a day with the grandchildren!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback