PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Where is Kittie? She still can't access?

#FreeKittie x :j:j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No notifications again today. Not had a good day. Just about managed to put the washing out on a real washing line. Someone put one up last week. I think they were volunteers from the refugee agency. I have been trying to get us another Whirligig for two years.

I ended up having to go back to bed this afternoon.

Have a lovely time with your DB monna. Surely millie will get you up.

I'm not surprised you may have a wrist fracture Mar. I think they often go together you must have been in agony with that as well. I hope they get you sorted asap. I would give you a big hug but I think it will hurt too much.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2018 at 6:18AM
    Options
    My temporary ban has finished and I have enjoyed the time away, it has broken my mse addiction and I have a new small tight group of online friends. My being has changed from stressed to very happy, content and fulfilled

The personal update: the old house turned out to be horrendous when it came to the survey, it needed major work top to bottom, many things had been hidden, so I withdrew my offer. The very next day I started searching online for a new house, much better for me at my stage in life. The old house was the one that had alerted me to the major attractions of moving to that small market town, only 13 miles away from here. I decided that I wanted to be in this place and yesterday, after a couple of false starts, found my perfect new home. Small family builders and the best build I have ever seen. Tiny garden but 100% private and bright and sunny. I have reserved it and will be moving late September

Those old house worries evaporated once I withdrew and realisation set in, I will be giving up my allotment but I will be doing more cycling and exploring the many new opportunities offered in this new arty crafty place. There are not hoards of houses where I will be, just a few and they are separated. 5 minutes walk from the shops, buses, doctors and plenty of lanes for cycling. The house is smaller than here, better for me tbh so I have masses more that needs to go, I start clearing again today

I will feel cocooned and cosy, it has that clearview solution 400, underfloor heating and a very high spec of finish and appliances. The best insulation possible, even better than here. A garage with a cavity wall so it will be dry and safe for storage and food, if vermin-proofed
    Today I will do the scale drawings again, try to visualise where I will put stuff, so I can see what has to go. I go from 4 rooms downstairs to 2, I lose 200 sq feet. The house was cheaper, 40k cheaper than the old house and I won`t have to spend any extra. Still 4 bedrooms and one will make that perfect sewing room again but with added spinning and knitting crafts

The allotment beds already have a home, to my dd, who is very excited and will inherit everything including my rotations notebook. Today, I tackle tools and maintenance things, I will no longer need them. I will be concentrating only on keeping anything to help progress my wood carving. My Excalibur dehydrator is going up for sale today, no longer needed. Yes, important items are leaving but I am going to feel lighter with every step

One last thought about genes and genetics. I have 50% Polish, eastern European genes and 50% dutch and was born in the uk. My family genetic line comes straight down from 1350 and all the way it is farming, horticultural and baking. That is where I got my skills. These are my indie genes, you can combine those 2 words and create another spelling to a misused word. I live amongst people in my rural county, who have a similar line of uk genetics, running through generations, farming and baking mainly. We all knew how to live in peace and harmony with the land and its wildlife. I will say no more now, my stay with mse is over
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :wave: bye Kittie :( xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    YAY! Kittie's back. Not that we ever really lost her but it is so uncomfortable knowing that someone here could be so small minded and unnecessarily spiteful.
    However, we know who our friends are, don't we.

Thank you for your good wishes. I woke up all on my own, Millie and I have had our breakfast, in a minute I will have my shower and be already to be picked up by DIL at 8.00am.

Tablet will be coming with me in the hope that I don't lose touch while I'm away but we will see.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY (specially for kittie!)

Sometimes you just have to turn around, give a little smile, throw the match and burn that bridge.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Sad to see you go kittie, you have helped so many in here over the years. People who do nasty sneaky things to others always forget that malice tends to become a boomerang that turns back and clonks them one on the head.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    KITTIE I'm glad you've been able to come back, it was a wrongness that you were not able to post for a while and I'm so very pleased you've been given the opportunity to actually return even if it is to say goodbye. I'm really pleased for you to have found the 'right' house for your future life and wish you peace, contentment and fulfilment in your every waking minute from now on, good luck with the move and be happy lovey! If in the fullness of time you feel you could come back and let us know you're settled and thriving that would be a great joy, take care, Lyn xxx.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KITTIE I'm glad you've been able to come back, it was a wrongness that you were not able to post for a while and I'm so very pleased you've been given the opportunity to actually return even if it is to say goodbye. I'm really pleased for you to have found the 'right' house for your future life and wish you peace, contentment and fulfilment in your every waking minute from now on, good luck with the move and be happy lovey! If in the fullness of time you feel you could come back and let us know you're settled and thriving that would be a great joy, take care, Lyn xxx.

As above ^^^. Kittie thanks for all the info and advice on this and MK thread. Hope your new house is fab! :wave:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Emptynester
    Emptynester Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    YAY! Kittie's back. Not that we ever really lost her but it is so uncomfortable knowing that someone here could be so small minded and unnecessarily spiteful.
    However, we know who our friends are, don't we.

Thank you for your good wishes. I woke up all on my own, Millie and I have had our breakfast, in a minute I will have my shower and be already to be picked up by DIL at 8.00am.

Tablet will be coming with me in the hope that I don't lose touch while I'm away but we will see.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY (specially for kittie!)

Sometimes you just have to turn around, give a little smile, throw the match and burn that bridge.
    mardatha wrote: »
    Sad to see you go kittie, you have helped so many in here over the years. People who do nasty sneaky things to others always forget that malice tends to become a boomerang that turns back and clonks them one on the head.

If I could thank these posts more than once I would. Kittie will be sadly missed, she did so much good on this site and for it's posters. I send her my best wishes for her exciting new start. x
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kittie - what Mrs L said. Wishing you love light and happiness in your new home and your new chapter in life.
    Thank you for all your help to us while you've been here and hope we'll see you sometime in the future when you are settled in your forever home.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure