PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

I've been walking and trainee booking clerking as a volunteer at a local railway. Back to the numbers today..

I veer between hoping people see me as elegant and sophisticated to seeing me as a bit 'hippy chick'. The reality, I fear, is far from both. Added to which someone i saw at the weekend, who hadn't recognised me, said it was because "you have a few more wrinkles than last time i saw you".... :( (although, I don't have many wrinkles and we fear he has early stage dementia and he was rude to just about everyone - even telling me I'd left it too late when i had my children - i was 32 and 35 - as when the grandchildren come along i will be 'in my dotage' :eek:). anyhow, i will not let this get me down as it would have been funny if it weren't so sad - he is only 64 and was in quite a bad way. I found out last night that one of the many people i had met in France died two days ago of a sudden heart attack. She was in her early 70's and was just swimming one minute, dead the next. You really have to 'seize the day' don't you?
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I really don't care how people see me, it's not what's outside that counts in this life it's what's inside!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As for how others see you....
    My work colleague the other day was commenting on some music.
    I said it was before my time.
    He said that it couldn't be, since he remembered it....
    I said, but I'm younger than you.
    He said, noooooo
    I asked, "how old do you think I am?"
    He said "about 50"
    I said no, 40
    He said "but you have more grey hair than my grandmother!!!!"

Mardatha, as a result of these comments you'll be receiving some steaks and assorted meat chunks in the mail. Treat it like pork, should be delicious. I call it "Eddy".
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, to be able to look how I hope other people picture me. Or even how I picture myself :rotfl:
    This reminds me of an occasion at work (back when I did go out to work.....) - it was the mid 1990s and the Spice Girls were all the rage. There were five of us in the office, and one of the others decided to designate us as Spice Girls..... Guess who got designated as Scary? :eek:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Love the elephant story.
    We're moored up at the bottom of the Caen Hill Flight, we will set off tomorrow morning at sparrowfart o'clock.
    I have done a helmsmans course but I have zero confidence when steering the boat, CHS panics and I find it easier to lock than to steer.
    We've done 6 locks today and we buddied up with another boat so that made it easier.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Softstuff I will make room in the freezer for Eddie. - erm I mean the pork steaks. Just hope no Aussie cops arrive at my door, he might be difficult to explain away.
    Hester, you must live on the steepest canal in Britain - can't you find a nice flat one?
    I'm on Dihydrocodeine. I think I feel a bit weird, hope I don't sound weird.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Watch it with that stuff, mardatha, it can make you a bit loopy. And constipated. And minus a blood pressure. And damage your kidneys. Strong painkiller, though. Having said that, reports are doing the rounds about cannabis oil (minus THC, the psychoactive stuff) being very good for pain. Might be worth researching.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used to take dihydrocodeine. Didn't get on with it, and it wasn't pleasant coming off it.

Mar - as a general rule the 'co' in a drug name stands for 'constipation', so better get eating that kale...
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cannabis oil: cbd brothers. Not any experience personally but researched for a friend who was looking for her brother who had cancer. Not sure what she decided though.
    Helena
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd never describe you as weird MAR, alternative perhaps, definitely individual but weird? nah!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure