Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! - Page 550

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.1K replies 1.2M views

Replies

• FlossFloss Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can vouch for Softstuff, she's definitely real (or at least she was when we met up with NM in [email protected] & Spendy's caff :D
  • monnagranmonnagran Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me? No, I'm not a real person at all, just a figment of your imagination. I find life is more comfortable like that.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Floss wrote: »
    I can vouch for Softstuff, she's definitely real (or at least she was when we met up with NM in [email protected] & Spendy's caff :D

My DS used to think it was called Marks & 'Spensives :D

monnagran Is your mouth like mine - turns down at the corners? I try to make sure I have a pleasant look on my face when i go out, or I look a right miserable old boot :rotfl:
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CHS doesn't do conversation, he complains about work and the weather, any opening conversational gambit I offer are met with either a blank stare or seen as permission to launch into another tirade about work.
    Whilst I do know you are all real, deepest apologies for insinuating that you aren't. I was very excited to have a real life/real time conversation.

We are having problems moving on to our next mooring as the river levels are still very high so I phoned the CRT and was told not to worry, we can stay put until the levels drop.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggienursemaggie Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monna your senior scout are called Young Leaders, unless they were just leaders or they could have been Venture Scouts. It depends how old they were.

MMF007 you do have talent you just need to practice every day. I love the bluebell wood.
  • SoftstuffSoftstuff Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Floss wrote: »

Ooh Marks' tea :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
    I think I drank 2 large pots. And the scones... I think the scones are off my menu now! Tea isn't though, and I can put cream in it :D

I'll be over mid September if you're up for a rematch?

Monnagran, some of my most favourite people have been figments of my imagination. Saves on birthday gifts too.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggienursemaggie Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    count me is softstuff as long as I am not at the Christie.
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Will need to book a day off work tho ;)
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, this is one of the occasions when I wish I lived far enough North to be able to say "I'll come!" :D
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Southern contingency will be there in spirit - as long as that spirit is gin :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130