PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You go get em Fuddle.

The funniest thin is that because I was ignored by my team, CHS & I spent out time with other work colleagues who are on a higher pay rate than those doing the ignoring and that must have really pi$$£d them off!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hester you've gotta love the one who's three sheets to the wind , there is always one who spills the beans :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I must confess to being lost for words regarding your 'team' Hester.... the words shamefully pathetic have now come to my aid. And they work in a school...I pity the kids who are educated there and I am utterly disgusted by the alleged adults you have to suffer working with!

Not for long now though:D.

Fuddle you show that male chauvinist pig what a refined lady you are...adorn your plot with whatever your heart desires and put him to shame with your hard work and beautifully grown produce...then get your biggest Courgette/cucumber/ Marrow and give it to him to stick where the sun doesn't shine :p

Go girl :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fuddle - take no notice of mardatha and her prejudice against garden gnomes, they would be brilliant on your plot. Particularly one of those rude ones with his trousers down, mooning in the direction of your neighbour.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fuds ,don't give up on the chicken yet , they are brill , and I have a proposal for you , ..... Please consider ... I have 10 that will need to be re homed if you want some , it don't have to be now ..But do consider it , would love them to go to an equally mad owner as me ...
    If not a friend has an allotment they can go on till I get my own , ... hopefully 3 can come with me ...or heaven help the new neighbours when I rock up with 4 kids ,ok so only 2 live with me , 4 dogs ,2 cats and 3 chickens ...
    My friend jet with equal problem when she first got her lotto , her response was listening intensely , even when they talked garbage , then do what she wants and saying to them , well it probably won't work but hey ho .... makes cakes to share ... and if all else fails ... has the right kind of top on that show her "Charlie dimmicks" to full effect .... works wonders .

Well long night last night with dd was 4ish when she went to sleep ...I didn't go to be till 5 ish ... had a few hours then up for football practice for 10 ....
    went for another run ,when waiting for ds at football , only did 2 miles , but knocked 3 mins of my miles .. If that makes sence .... now though I cant walk even after a hot bath ... no run tomorrow .

Ex to be , has texted dd , said he will call around for 5 mins tomorrow .... has also said they could go to the pictures some time .... woop woop ...
    Think I may go out before he gets here tomorrow, leave them to it .... then pick up the pieces later .... don't know yet ????

So no adventures today , dd shattered , so eldest ds and me have being packing stuff up , or should I say chucking ex's books and stuff in a few box's , up to him what he does with it ... Smashed the old computer table as well quite therapeutic ....
    Taking my life back in small steps
    Xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    burtha, small steps is all it takes. You are being amazing! Truly you are, if I wore a hat I would take it off to you. Poor DD. It's a hard enough situation to deal with anyway, but when you are as emotionall fragile as she is it really must seem like the end of the world.

I can't write any more tonight, my brain and my body parted company some time ago. I picked up a message from the EA at about 9 o'clock that I'm having a viewing tomorrow morning so I've been doing my stuff with vacuum, mop and bleach.

Fingers crossed.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Monna , if I lived nearer I would have give you a hand .... brought eldest ds with me ... he is fab at declutter and clean ... having a ocd works sometimes lol .... good luck with the viewing ... x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    burtha glad to see another day got through . Give your daughter a hug from me and one for you too . He has got to stop these damn 5 minute things , they aren't helping your kids . Strong words pointing out that they are not meeting the needs of your youngest or the others but causing pain and distress are needed . If it floats his boat let him take you on but not his own flesh and blood .
    Sorry to be blunt but he's causing more damage as the days go by .
    You mentioned a while back he didn't want to be seen as the bad guy please don't let him wear you down to the point he can walk away mission accomplished , take him all the way and get that divorce on the grounds of his wrong doing .
    If everyone is settled for the night get thee to bed . We'll all be here tomorrow .XXX

Monna I shall have everything vaguely crossable crossed tomorrow and be sending the vibes . Bed for you too asap . x

Night all
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2017 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Hester your soon to be ex colleagues behaviour is disgusting and pathetic, the kids at the school are probably better behaved than your 'team'. I wouldn't want to be the one who was drunk and spilled the beans when the others, and in particular the 'team leader' finds out.

Burtha I know what you mean about chucking his stuff in a boxes and smashing up the computer table being therapeutic, when my ex left for another woman I did the same :). It's good to see you say that you are 'taking your life back in small steps'. Small steps are good.

Monna I hope it goes well tomorrow, I'll cross my fingers for you.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Burtha, if it were me I'd probably go out, but not be too far away so if he leaves and the children are upset you can swoop in quickly. Try to be the children's safety net not his.

Monna, I'm sending thoughts of spacious rooms, the smell of fresh baked bread and viewers who will fall madly in love with your house...oh and a clear path with the bank so it won't fall through! Good luck!

I'm a bit tired today, I think I may have to try to get to bed a bit earlier. A few hours work done and now a quick break since OH is up. Leftover courgette lasagna for lunch. OH has been, how shall I say this, adventurous with the spice cupboard. He put cumin in the lasagna--this is not a meaty lasagna--it has red sauce, courgettes and ricotta, not beef. He sometimes does this. I think he thinks he might stumble on the next new flavour like a fusion chef. I REALLY wish he wouldn't. He doesn't sniff them or think about what goes with what, he just looks through the jars, bottles and packets, picks out something he thinks sounds exotic and chucks it in and sees what happens. Last time it was tarragon, but fortunately he didn't add that much. This is one of the...weirder ones. Even he said it tasted odd. He then proceeded to douse his in hot sauce so he couldn't taste it and proposed to make a big tray for the freezer. If he actually does then I may politely demand that he follow the recipe on that one! My turn to make tea--not sure which meal it will be, possibly the chicken soup OH didn't fancy Friday.

I can't complain too much...he means well. Right?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback