PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2018 at 3:28AM
    Options
    I can see Islandmaid is still around somewhere but the rest of you are either in the land of nod or trying your best to get there.
    I wrote a long post last night, but luck was with you and it vanished into thin air.

Karcher, I am worried sick about you. I won't repeat what we are all telling you to do except to add that if you are sick, flat cola is supposed to be good. I bet that is something you don't just happen to have around but if you can lay your hands on some it might be worth trying.

hugs burtha. You are another one always on my mind. Some of us have been just where you are now, and we have lived to tell the tale. It probably doesn't seem like it, but things WILL get better, honestly. They will be different, but unbelievably better.

MrAPJI, are you sure you know what you are getting into here? We may be the most loving and supportive thread around, but we can be as mad as a box of frogs at the drop of a hat. You just wait until one of us is threatened and the rest call out the Fencers Army. You'll wonder just what sort of asylum you have strayed into. Welcome anyway.

And now I will join the rest of you in trying to get some sleep. See you later on at a more civilised hour.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :wave: Monna

Must just be the Island insomniacs on duty tonight :rotfl:

Hubby was doing auditions for river dance in his sleep, it’s either come down stairs till he settle or remove his feet - I decided that the former would be less to clear up :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    Options
    Islandmaid, oh my goodness, yes. Blood is the very devil to get out of sheets.
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    :rotfl:

I have now roasted some chicken wings, and popped them into the SC with some veg to make stock for the mornings soup making - our 4 cats were very impressed with their midnight feast :D

I am now feeling less vicious, and hopefully Michael bloomin Flatley has gone off properly by now....

Night Monna

Karcher Keep us up to date, we do worry x

Burtha you ware me out just reading about your regime - go carefully on that ice x

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    Options
    I am amazed at your industry. If I started cooking in the middle of the night Millie would have thought she'd died and gone to heaven. I'm still tucked up in bed, but I have done a cryptic crossword, two sudokus and read a few chapters of my book, so not entirely wasted time.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice, care, support and well wishes I do appreciate it and it's heart warming to know you are thinking of me.
    I've woken after a fitful few hours with soaked bedsheets again and was feeling so chilled I have got up to make a warm drink and have my blanket on me on the sofa.

To reassure you I have been sipping water all the time and have managed a few cups of weak tea now. I could only manage water whilst being sick :o

A neighbour (not immediate) knows I'm not well as I asked him to get me some more paracetamol, cough medicine and throat pastilles. I know he goes to the shops daily and wouldn't mind. And, as mentioned by a few above, I had also asked him to get me some proper Coke as I know flat coke is good for nausea, re-hydration and replenishing sugar levels.

He text me yesterday afternoon to see how I was and asked if I needed anything. Also my work know I'm not well and would be concerned if I didn't turn up or contact them, so please don't worry there are people around who know I'm poorly.

Thank you again xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    Options
    karcher, I feel a lot better now. I hated thinking that there was no one to get you anything you needed. You sound just a millimetre more confident today. but this virus is a long one so there will be a way to go. At least you are not going short of advice!

I'm hoping that Islandmaids dancing partner is allowing her a few hours sleep. My constant companion thinks that 5.00am is an appropriate time to start the day and no amount of whining and grumbling on my part is going to disabuse her of this.

However, I am back in bed with a fresh hot water bottle and a steaming cuppa so am not intending to move again soon.

THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY

Don't let your worries get the better of you - remember Moses started out as a basket case.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Fuddle it's the uncanny side of life that I love :D
    Still 7inches of lying snow here frozen hard, we are busy feeding the birds. More snow forecast today but they might be wrong, they often are. I'm ok for the duration - asda brought me one sultana and one cherry cake last night ;)
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'm ok for the duration - asda brought me one sultana and one cherry cake last night ;)

That made me laugh :rotfl: if you soak the sultana it will make it go further :D Seriously, hope you are safe x

Karcher As Monna said, glad you have some support, snuggle up and get well x

Well, the dancing queen Hubby woke me this morning with a coffee, completely oblivious to his antics, and bewildered how the house smells like roast chicken :rotfl: I gave him my Paddington Bear, Hard stare, but said nothing - I don’t do well on restricted sleep :cool: as punishment, he can empty the dishwasher :rotfl:

£300/£130
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 11:05AM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Fuddle it's the uncanny side of life that I love :D
    Still 7inches of lying snow here frozen hard, we are busy feeding the birds. More snow forecast today but they might be wrong, they often are. I'm ok for the duration - asda brought me one sultana and one cherry cake last night ;)
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    That made me laugh :rotfl: if you soak the sultana it will make it go further :D Seriously, hope you are safe x

:rotfl:

It reminds me of when I thought I was ordering a punnet of mushrooms and ended up with a bag containing one mushroom :rotfl:

Karcher, glad you are not totally alone

IM - my OH kept me awake with his snoring but the spare room is better than the divorce court. Or the criminal court :cool:

Monna your TFTD made me :rotfl:

Snowing here too, but apart from a quick trip to alidi (just over a mile away) we are in all day. (Edit: just remembered that I am off to candlelit yoga this evening but the snow should have gone by then ). OH is decorating and doing the tax form (more money pouring out of our account - the single ridge tile we lost in the winds this week has led to a whole new ridge system being installed at s price of £400) and I am taking care of domestics and painting some furniture for when the study is finished...

Stay warm and hydrated all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport