PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2017 at 9:19AM
    Options
    Before I have time to catch my breath I get a call to say that my buyer is having a survey done at 9.00am Monday morning. The grass isn't growing under anyone's feet.

Today I am starting to get a few jobs done before I even think about moving. The book I am editing is progressing at the speed of an arthritic slug. It's a bit like trudging through treacle but I must focus on getting on with it.
    Also today I have a visit to the dentist to do something about my broken tooth, a trip to the chemist to collect my prescription and a call in to the shop for a few essential supplies. A lot of walking involved, but happily it promises to be a dry day.

Thinking about nursemaggie and her DS as they go to look at the house they want.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world.
    It hasn't solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2017 at 10:02AM
    Options
    I'm stuck on the couch again but bored - so send me up the some jobs to do. Anything I can do from a couch. Johnny Depp would be manageable (if a wee bit on the skinny/shrimpy size but he'll do.) And send me the book to edit. And the weeds (inna crate complete with the bed they're in).
    Oh and my fee is a pailful of Jellybabies - the posh dear ones cos the black ones taste nicer. ;)
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I looked out the window a few minutes ago. a couple taking rather of lot of children to school were going past. All I could see was. I saw lots of bright yellow legs. I was just thinking what sort of a colour was that for a school uniform. The littlest was taking his coat off and I saw they were all dressed as Pudsey. I take it it is Children in Need Day.
  • 1950sMUM
    Options
    Hi all iv been away along time .
    We sold our house and moved to a caravan on a farm where I worked but after working 70 hours a week it's taken its toll and iv separated from my husband and come back to Wakefield with my kids to rent :(
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the couch again but bored - so send me up the some jobs to do. Anything I can do from a couch. Johnny Depp would be manageable (if a wee bit on the skinny/shrimpy size but he'll do.) And send me the book to edit. And the weeds (inna crate complete with the bed they're in).
    Oh and my fee is a pailful of Jellybabies - the posh dear ones cos the black ones taste nicer. ;)
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Oh Mar! Feel better soon x

On my way out but sending positive vibes and lots of luck to NM and son today . I'll be thinking of you and hoping that house has your name on it .

Loads of energy to Monna , I think you need it .

Welcome to 1950s Mum .

Back later , no island invasions while I'm not here .

Have a good day all .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mar, if only you lived a bit nearer I could keep you busier than you can imagine.

Welcome 1950sMUM.
    I spent the fifties at grammar school, college and started teaching so I remember that decade very well. It wasn't the most comfortable time, but after the war and austerity of the 40s we thought it was pretty marvellous.
    I still think that 50's fashions were the prettiest of recent times. The very feminine tiny waists, (not that I managed one of those) the full swishy skirts, nylons, high heeled shoes, dirndl skirts and peasant blouses, trews, (with the strap under the sole of the foot) and sloppy Joe sweaters..........lovely.

I must get on. I must get on. I must get on...........
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That was a good haul at the market yesterday nursemaggie! Thinking of you this morning and praying all goes well with the house if it's suitable for you.

1950sMUM Sorry to learn that things didn't work out as you had hoped and planned. ((HUGS))
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I have a lot to do today and I can't get motivated, I can't get motivated because I'm cold and I'm cold because I'm tired and I can't sleep because I'm cold.
    I babysat last night, finished about 10:30 a fifteen minute drive home then an hour to get on to the Marina as someone had plaited the chain, padlock and gate together so that is was almost impossible to undo!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    You need 2 hot water bottles and a big warm blanket Hester! and lots of hot tea and toast xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Actually what I need is a kick up the arris, but I prefer your suggestion Mar.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure