PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh, a pirate ship to Monna's b&b? Count me in. With a 'Yo ho ho an' a bottle of rum'!

My shoulders are aching this evening. I have been pushing a client in her wheelchair much of the afternoon. We had a nice walk in the sun and did some window shopping but it went cold as soon as the sun dipped so I walked a bit quicker and got her home in time for afternoon tea :)

NM, you had a successful day! Glad the painkillers worked for the neuralgia and that the gums are healing. You must feel a lot better on both fronts. I am rooting for you to get the house you're going to view tomorrow x.

Forgive my tardiness, not posting this earlier, but burtha please try and let your bedroom be a sanctuary for rest and relaxation. It is possible, eventually. Even one night with a decent sleep will do wonders.

Right, off to write a 'to do' list for my Friday 'day off' :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Monna ...the sale of your house brings a smile to your face so it is only natural it brings a smile to 'ours' too :)

NM fingers crossed the house you view tomorrow ticks a lot of boxes and you find your new family home.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can vouch for that burtha I have had very little sleep the last 9 days up to last night. It was making me very ratty and sorry for myself.

MMF007 not painkillers for neuralgia, they work on the nerves and calm them down. I originally had them for my backache which is all of my spine. By yesterday my whole spine and back muscles where all in agony and so was my other arthritis in all my joints. I asked for those tablets back for everything else and said the new tablets were not working at all.

I have to see a neurologist, because not all these tablets will mix together. I did not know which was worse yesterday the two arthritic diseases or the neuralgia.

You sound like DS on his "Day off" tomorrow because he has to go for a haircut before we go to look at the house and he has somewhere else he needs to go in the afternoon.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to run around the country giving you all a big hug.
    I've had quick look around for bungalows today and think I'm not being very realistic in what I am looking for. Still, early days.

Nursemaggie, I pray that your expedition tomorrow will be successful. With all the good wishes surrounding you, go with confidence.

I'm just casting on the stitches for the Jolly Roger flag I'm knitting for Silvasava.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I've had quick look around for bungalows today and think I'm not being very realistic in what I am looking for.

Monna Maybe a few less bedrooms hey - nice garden though :rotfl:

6996517_B-6404-4427-_AD58-685_FE366_FC7_B.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have rolling pins spare, of varying sizes & girth :p, and DH has plenty of gin & wine that can be liberated for the boarding party :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like we have a cunning plan me hearties

230?cb=20060705091420
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • pandamonium
    Options
    Just catching up. Excellent news on the house sale Monna, fingers crossed all goes smoothly. You've found the ideal buyer, so I'm sure serendipity will find the ideal bungalow for you.
    Good luck with the viewing tomorrow, Nursemaggie. We're on our way through our application for a new place. It's only taken 11 months to find something :eek: . For the second year running a December move is on the cards. I'm not trying for a hat trick next year!

Hugs to all that need them.

Panda x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Islandmaid, let me explain something to you.
    Bungalows, as a general rule, only have one storey. The house you have found for me looks to have more than that and I probably won't be able to manage the stairs in a few years time. Furthermore, unless you are prepared to come and help me with the weeding, I would prefer a slightly smaller garden.
    Is there a bus stop nearby? Or a Co-op?
    Nice try though.
    Where did you find it? Zoopla? Right move?

Floss, get yourself and your DH and the liquid refreshment over here smartish like. We can have the party, boarding or otherwise.

Silvasava. You are bringing JOHNNY DEP?????

Swooooon.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :rotfl:Monna Yes there is a bus stop outside - okay, the drive is a mile and a half, the bus stops right outside the gates, and there is a Waitrose - but if your going to be picky, I shall keep looking. :rotfl::rotfl:

Gin - did someone mention Gin - I shall volenteer to errrm look after it :whistle: :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport