PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    Options
    monna I lurk but don’t post at the moment, but just had to pop in to say :j:j:j

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Nursemaggie Fingers also crossed for your viewing
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely to "see" you, FurryBeastOz :wave:

Good luck with the house nursemaggie x
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    iveyleaf, DS is very excited about this one. I just hope they do not turn us down because DS has only been in his job three months. I have worked out I can get a bus from near by to 7 different shopping centres all for free. I don't mean malls just town or city centres.

The one just outside goes into Bolton but it may be quicker to go to other places depending what I want. It is about 3/4 of an hour to Bolton.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Monna, will you have to move somewhere temporary/put your stuff into storage until your bungalow turns up? (Visualising like mad in hopes your perfect property turns up - let's hope my visualisation matches your ideas:rotfl:)
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The whole lot monna, just say the word and I'll get that bus out and pick folk up on the way!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps we should we should all camp in monna's back garden for a week. I bet we would have a whale of a time even if we have no alcohol. maybe you should buy a bungalow with a field.

I wish I could afford to live there. I love the North and especially the people of the north west but it can be cold even in the middle of the summer. It is a rare day it gets above 16 degrees here. Most people don't even take their winter coats off.

There is a young woman that goes past every day bringing two little boys home from school. I actually saw her take her winter coat off a couple of days before the end of term.

Changing the subject. I bought two small but different Christmas scented Yankie Candles for just £1 each from my local Chemists. I have bought a few bargains in stocking filler presents from there.

I am sending my older son's family little presents and money because I don't know what to get them anymore. My GDS will be a teenager next year. She's past toys and wants clothes now so better to give her money to buy what she wants.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I've had an offer on my house. Hallelujah! The viewer who came on Saturday put in an offer and wrote a lovely message saying that the house had the nicest atmosphere of any that she had seen.

I am trying very hard not to get too excited because I know that there is many a slip, but inside I am fizzing. She also has 3 young children and I am so happy that they will be able to grow up on this lovely island with the beach on their doorstep.

Now I can start looking at bungalows, so Karcher, you can start packing. Well perhaps not for a day or two, nothing will happen this side of Christmas.

Sorry to be so self-centred today, I'll come back when I am calmer.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

All things come to he (or she) who waits.

:j:j:j oh monna! monna! monna! Superb news. Are you packed yet?! :D

Ok, I know I should calm down to keep you calm but every snippet of hopefulness should be celebrated, planned and hopped, skipped and jumped upon I think because we have to take our good days extremely SERIOUSLY for propping up the auld mental health. It's happening monna. Finally you're going to get your life, for you and I couldn't be happier! We were supposed to do it together but I suppose being the cows tail won't hurt just this once eh?! ;):p
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just catching up

Monna , that's fab , everything is crossed that it all goes to plan , you deserve it so much ...
    :j:j:j:T:T:T:grin::grin::grin::dance::dance::dance:

X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,264 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fab news Monna, let me know when the party is and I will bring lots of DH's hm wine and my sloe gin :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2017 at 8:47AM
    Options
    The generosity of all of you nearly destroys me. I know full well that some of you are fighting the blackest and most desperate battle of your lives and yet you can find it in your huge hearts to rejoice with me. It has brought me to tears and it takes a lot to do that.Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. (or the heart of my bottom as my Dad used to say.)

It's back down to earth now as I search for my last home.
    Don't worry, I will bore the pants off you with detailed descriptions of every bungalow I inspect.

Funny thing, when I woke up this morning my magic clock was showing the right time. Better late than never, it's only taken nearly three weeks for it to catch up with the rest of the world.

Today I am going out to lunch with a friend. It is our habit to meet for lunch every 2 or 3 weeks and we never go anywhere unless there is a cheap deal. It's a point of honour and it's my turn to choose. I've not investigated the cheap deal situation so goodness knows where we will end up.

Last night I spent a happy evening repairing a couple of Pickle's toys. I stitched the nose back on her favourite dog - kindly bitten off by Dora - and sewed up a stuffed frog that had become unstuffed. Apparently Pickle has this touching belief that Monna can make all things new. Her dad had a hard job convincing her that that I wouldn't be able to restore a smashed mug to pristine wholeness.

Right. On with the dance......

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There is only one way to avoid criticism.
    Say nothing.
    Do nothing.
    Be nothing. (Aristotle)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts