PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have to confess, the liver talk is making me shudder.

When I was still having to share a house (and therefore a kitchen) with the ex, he used to eat a LOT of liver, and one of his nasty tricks was to place my (vegetarian) food at the back of the fridge, and line up his packs of liver, which he used to get from Tosspots in transparent plastic packs, in front, knowing that the very sight would make my stomach turn.
    He also used to cook the stuff with all the doors in the house open so that the smell permeated every room.
    !!!!!!! :mad:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I have to confess, the liver talk is making me shudder.

When I was still having to share a house (and therefore a kitchen) with the ex, he used to eat a LOT of liver, and one of his nasty tricks was to place my (vegetarian) food at the back of the fridge, and line up his packs of liver, which he used to get from Tosspots in transparent plastic packs, in front, knowing that the very sight would make my stomach turn.
    He also used to cook the stuff with all the doors in the house open so that the smell permeated every room.
    !!!!!!! :mad:
    Same here. I've been peeping through one eye at all the liver talk :rotfl:
    My Mum loves liver n onions , boak:eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • chickens11
    Options
    Pollyanna 26.......Thanks for letting me know where to find some hints on cooking with the slow cooker .......

Fuddle ......So nice to hear you now have your own home congratulations on that very nice for your family , better than moving all the time ......

Yes , the sea kelp takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get fully in the system , ive been on it about 4 years , its all Madathers fault haha.....Plus its marvellous .stuff for hair growth , the older I get the more my hair grow . now half way down my back and in great condition , I do have it trimmed evrey 8 weeks and while its in good conditiion I shall keep it long ...

Hope your all doing ok today .....Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I must say I haven't enjoyed your talk of liver at all! I've been vegan for the past while, not sure I'll keep it up but it's a challenge. DD and BF are vegan and I told them it was an easy diet to follow, it's actually quite tricky especially when eating out.

Anyway, I'll not starve!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Fuddle I soak liver in milk to soften the taste.
    And venison liver is to die for nannyW, cuts with a fork it's so tender.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LOL - obviously the liver talk put everyone off. Page 3 no less

Sorry about that... i'll not mention it again.

How's everyone doing? I am off to a ball tomorrow (just call me cinders) it's Gatsby themed and i have a FLAPPER dress. From there we are off to my niece's wedding on Saturday and then i'm off to a recording of a TV show on Sunday with my brother. Busy busy.

We also had a new great nephew born this week, a month early. his mum hadn't even started her maternity leave!!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Have fun VJs, good news about the baby, I had my first child early and spent my maternity leave in hospital
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • juliettet
    Options
    Good to see everyone posting again. Hope CHS is continuing to get better Hester. A slow job that is for sure.
    We have been invited to a Winter Wedding in Edinburgh late December. Lovely, need to wrap up though.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    juliettet wrote: »
    Good to see everyone posting again. Hope CHS is continuing to get better Hester. A slow job that is for sure.
    We have been invited to a Winter Wedding in Edinburgh late December. Lovely, need to wrap up though.

Tomorrow's is in an hotel, so i am hopeful of there not being any or at least much outside stuff going on. I have a posh coat just in case and my dress is long sleeved.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • barkerross
    Options
    Thanks Knitwitch
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills