PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2018 at 10:03AM
    Options
    Whiteguineapig the new forum is having major probs. The proboards setup isn't very good so I dono what is happening with it.
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    oh ok thank you mardatha, I thought maybe it was me doing something wrong or I was not allowed to join, thank you
  • mardatha
    Options
    Well it was only for backup in case this forum went down, and we all yakk on here anyway :D
    I have a Q re freezing/defrosting .. I have found a pack of bacon that the RV has thrown into the freezer and it froze into a lump. Loose slices of bacon from thebutcher I mean. I am defrosting it but what can I do with it now? I presume I can't re-freeze it, or can I if I fry it first?
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Well it was only for backup in case this forum went down, and we all yakk on here anyway :D
    I have a Q re freezing/defrosting .. I have found a pack of bacon that the RV has thrown into the freezer and it froze into a lump. Loose slices of bacon from thebutcher I mean. I am defrosting it but what can I do with it now? I presume I can't re-freeze it, or can I if I fry it first?

If it's cooked then it will be perfectly safe to refreeze just do it in smaller packs so you don't have the same problem again (tbh I don't understand why you need to freeze it just eat the damn stuff woman it wouldn't last 5 mins in my house lol)
  • mardatha
    Options
    Thanks pet - its smoked bacon which means the RV bought it because I hate it! I'll use some in lentil soup though. ty xx
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greenbee, I Pm'd back, but will pm again when I'm more conscious.

Mardatha, the very idea of needing to store bacon is simply a mystery to me. If it gets cooked, it gets inhaled shortly thereafter. Smoked or otherwise.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree with mar. I don't like smoked bacon either. I am not real lover of bacon I will eat it if given it but I can take it or leave it. DS went veggie for 2 years. They one day he said I don't want to be veggie any more I miss bacon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I like the taste of bacon but not the texture and it always seems to get stuck between teeth these days so we have very little of it and as we're trying to eat less and less meat as time goes on it's maybe something that we'll just not buy. The vegetarian soya bacon tastes OK but is very expensive for what it is so maybe we'll have some of that once in a while for a treat. Lots of nice meals that can be made without animal products in them anyway so we eat tasty and nourishing dishes and are very happy doing so!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree with mar. I don't like smoked bacon either. I am not real lover of bacon I will eat it if given it but I can take it or leave it. DS went veggie for 2 years. They one day he said I don't want to be veggie any more I miss bacon.

nursemaggie I remember reading somewhere that the smell of cooking bacon is the one most likely to make someone go back to eating meat!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    nursemaggie I remember reading somewhere that the smell of cooking bacon is the one most likely to make someone go back to eating meat!
    I've heard this too - for me, the smell of cooking bacon makes me absolutely heave! Each to their own. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback