PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Hester does your neighbour walk around nekkid all winter?? Is this on their boat or outside??
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    Silver-Oldie, please bear in mind that if you tell your DIL that you have read her hurtful comments on FB she may suddenly decide to change her privacy settings so that you can no longer see anything. Since I get the impression that you look at her page mostly to see photos of your GS, you may find it upsetting not to have access to those.

Perhaps it might be better to have the conversation centred around the fact that you sense that she doesn’t seem to like you and your husband, rather than talk about FB in particular.

FB is full of all sorts of people fibbing and showing off, I’d be inclined to take anything I read there with a huge pinch of salt. You don’t get to see your GS often so it must be nice to keep up to date by seeing photos of him.

I think you have a good point but I've done it. DiL starting talking about Christmas and I tried to make excuses not to go. I didn't want to agree and then say no at a later date, she kept on so I said what I had seen on fb. She denied it, said I was mistaken, said if there were comments they were made to her sister!!

Maybe I'll regret but it's done.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Mainly on his boat but sometimes on the jetty, his wife has the central heating on full and the log burner on to keep their parrot warm. So stripping off is the only way he can cope. Fortunately I'm broad minded lol.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well I'm finally back here . I've been ill so it's taken me all my limited concentration to remember what day it is for the past few weeks .

Wishing you a lovely holiday camelot.

Happy house hunting FPK . A word from the after the house purchase wise . Always check for flood plains . None of the searches showed up the fact and insurance costs are off the scale both Building and Contents . 40+ years later and it's impossible to find a reasonable quote , lots of dodgy ones but none of the reputable companies will even quote .

Hester wishing you well in the winter quarters . That must be one heck of a log burner your neighbours own and a very spoilt parrot . At least they're lucky to have a broadminded neighbour . How long does CHS have left before he can finally escape the workplace ?

Sending a hug silver- oldie . I'm not a fan of FB etc . It has it's uses but also seems to bring out the worst in some people . Now you've confronted the issue I hope you will find a way through . My dil is pretty dreadful and for my own and other family members sake is now off our radar . Sad but necessary . Take care .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hester That's his story and he's sticking to it, eh?i'm sure he could cope with a pair of shorts on. What a nuisance for you and other neighbours :(

1950smum You're ok, this is the right thread :)
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Thanks Polly, we've worked out where flood plains are registered on the county website so we'll double check ourselves!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Wasted a couple of hours looking at Christmas crafts from way back in 2010. A lot of the suppliers have gone bankrupt since but I am sure we could find stuff. Was very interesting. I'm not so sure I would be good enough to make them. Hobbycraft is still around. but a bit pricey and some of the pound shops.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Worth looking in the charity shops NM ? Over the years I've donated loads of fabrics , threads and kits plus wool and other yarns when I had stash overload .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Polly not ever seen anything but wool in charity shops. I think my hands are too bad for that sort of thing. I have great difficulty with opening things, typing, using switches, a key, locking my front door with the nob to turn they all hurt me so much. Even using a knife and fork can be painful. Was nice to dream I can do it. The link was in the new Christmas thread.

It just made me realise that there have been a lot of bankruptcies this year. I miss Pound World they had lots of crafty stuff. When they were closing down I bought a stack of stuff in the easy crafty stuff for DGS to use.

I may have a go with making lots of cookies and use some of the ideas though for the packaging. It's well worth looking at.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still here too, just really busy and still settling into the new house. It's been a manic few days and it's nice to have a few minutes to catch up on everyones news. Best bit of the last few days was when the bus I was on picked up a single Morris Dancer in full costume in one of the villages, we all smiled and he said to the driver just wait until you get to the next stop there are around 30 more waiting! we thought he has joking BUT he wasn't. There were many fully dressed Morris Dancers, some of them were Bessie horses including one unicorn and a man with a euphonium too! and a local TV cameraman who interviewed a couple of them all the way in to the city centre. The most fun I've had in years, was hilarious and the whole bus was full of jingling bells every time we went over a bump in the road!!!

We're seeing more of the family too which is really why we moved, it's making us both (and them) very happy xxx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback