PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 October 2018 at 8:05PM
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Where is everybody??? Have aliens landed and taken all my Chums away?? Or is it just RL getting in the way?
    Sending happy vibes for you all whatever you may be doing today and hugs to whoever may need them xx
    Still around; still reeling from DH's PD diagnosis, and the news this week that his meds are to be increased.

Also spent 3 days this week fixing broken tech; either Tues or Wed (I forget which, as I'm having trouble keeping track of days) sorting half-dead laptop, then yest + today sorting out the pc which had well and truly got it's knickers in a knot; and trying to figure out why a flash drive, which has been fine since I bought it, has suddenly decided to "write protect" itself to the extent that I can't access the files to change them even by going into the DOS screen and changing the Attributes. Frustrating, as it's the flash drive I use for my weekly back-up (I'm paranoid about losing vital information).

With all that, plus my own extreme amounts of pain, I fear I'm not terribly good company at present, so keeping something of a low profile
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm here and jetlagged, so it's only just past 5am and I'm awake and starving.

Duvet wise, they would have to prise my delightful feather and down duvet out of my ...er... warm dead hands :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Cocketts
    Cocketts Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still here, also - just busy x
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Threads do go quiet sometimes and then spring back into life. When it all goes quiet I go back to the thread index and see what new threads have been posted and might be interesting. But I usually end up back on the same threads with the same old familiar names
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just waiting to hear from DiL, see if they are visiting today.
    I was hoping to have a chat to clear the air but DS is working so won't be coming.
    Think I need them both as I'm sure I'll be portrayed as having imagined things or my words will be twisted so I become horrible MiL.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Dum dum dum dum di dum dum di dum.
    That's the theme from Star Wars in case nobody recognised it, I've been humming it since yesterday.

Silver oldie, I'm so sorry.

Witless, oooh you are naughty, but I like you!!!!

We are back on shore power and I already hate it, I have to keep the curtains closed unless I want to see my neighbour wandering around naked, lol.

Hey ho it's only until March.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    I'm still around, but in the midst of term and the early stages of house hunting.x
  • Doveling
    Doveling Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm still reading along.
    Thanks to everyone for suggestions for liquidising foodstuffs :)

My life varies from total chaos - in which case I don't have time to post - to utterly boring and I think no one will be interested :rotfl:

MTSTM - the other forum isn't a secret!
    The address was posted upthread
    https://thegardenfence.freeforums.net

I bookmarked it but have not got round to having a look. I think it was meant for if these threads went a bit funny again. Too much good support on here to lose to techy glitches!

Then again I am nearly equipped for the Dark Side; my Aircast Walker looks just like a Stormtrooper boot :rotfl:
    Not dim ;) .....just living in soft focus :p
  • 1950sMUM
    Options
    Hi all iv been away for a few years but iv missed you ladies is this the same old style thread or is there another one pls ? X
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Whiteguineapig
    you are right I don't have a big family, and our Dgs means the world to us.

Sadly Dil had previously made a comment on fb about my DH.

I have invited them to visit us this weekend,I'm still waiting for her to let us know if they will come

Fuddle you are a far better person than me

MrsLurcherwalker wise words thank you

Silver-Oldie, please bear in mind that if you tell your DIL that you have read her hurtful comments on FB she may suddenly decide to change her privacy settings so that you can no longer see anything. Since I get the impression that you look at her page mostly to see photos of your GS, you may find it upsetting not to have access to those.

Perhaps it might be better to have the conversation centred around the fact that you sense that she doesn’t seem to like you and your husband, rather than talk about FB in particular.

FB is full of all sorts of people fibbing and showing off, I’d be inclined to take anything I read there with a huge pinch of salt. You don’t get to see your GS often so it must be nice to keep up to date by seeing photos of him.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback