PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I've heard this too - for me, the smell of cooking bacon makes me absolutely heave! Each to their own. ;)

You and me both LW, I loathe the smell and taste!
    Must use my stash up!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I actually like it, but what I don't like is how, no matter how many doors you close, Windows you open and extractor fans you turn on, the smell lingersfor hours.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I come here for a quick catch up and you're talking about bacon sob, sob . I miss bacon more than I can say . About six years ago I developed TMJ as a side effect of the arthritis and chewing certain foods became painful including bacon . I'm in the smoked bacon camp although as a child I used to be sent to the Coop for rhoded bacon ( I must look that up as I've no idea what it was )
    I haven't had a fried full english since childhood , I've always grilled bacon and sausage . My treat was always Warbies toast with Lurpak , smoked bacon medallions and halved cherry tomatoes grilled alongside the bacon topped with some black pepper . I miss it so much .
    The two youngest dds are vegetarian and have been for many years . Oddly neither miss bacon , middle dd misses seafood and youngest craves lamb but neither will go back to meat or fish .
    I eat more veggie food than meat based , gave up poultry decades ago and rarely eat beef . Lamb is what keeps the Dr happy with my iron levels . It's that or the injections and I know what I prefer .

I'm just taking a break to try to move myself into the usual action mode . We're back with the Doc early tomorrow which is the first time we've left the house since seeing him on the 2nd . I seem to have lost the ability to have everything organised in advance . Just worked out which extra meds dd will need tomorrow on top of the usual repeats . I've been staring at a sheet of paper which is the shopping list and so far I've written Tea - yes it reached critical point which I vowed would never happen again .

We haven't been well for at least a month and it's amazing how things go awry . Need lots of shopping , bank and bills need checking . I'm currently trying to talk myself into washing my hair as I'll only have time for a quick shower in the morning .

I feel we've been living in Sir Terry's Interesting Times with four different sudden scenarios appearing out of the blue all worrying and draining finally today the postman brought a letter to resolve the 4th . I received a jury summons from the nearest Crown Court over 20 miles away a few weeks ago . Never had one and get to my three score and ten and this is what happens . Spoke to super doc a fortnight ago and he said no way refer them to me .DD made us laugh she said Mum you're the last person they'd want on a jury believe me . I was actually thinking I may need to use the 2nd passport and flee to the land of my fathers . The letter states I am excused . I did give my reasons on the form I returned whilst running a temperature so was dubious but dd reckoned it summed things up both as a carer and someone with disabilty . So I live to fight another day and no need to flee the country .

Just need to wash my hair and I'll be back on track .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 October 2018 at 4:48PM
    Options
    I agree with mar. I don't like smoked bacon either. I am not real lover of bacon I will eat it if given it but I can take it or leave it. DS went veggie for 2 years. They one day he said I don't want to be veggie any more I miss bacon.

I'm not sure I can be associated with someone who doesn't like bacon!!!!!!!!! How can that be a thing? *flounces off in disbelief *
    OMG read further and there are more of you
    Oh well more for me and Softstuff xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B50-CDB5-E-358-C-40-CF-A299-3-B1885-DC7-C95.gif

Mmm Bacon.... ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Polly I got called up for jury service many moons ago; and thankfully my GP was straight on it, as she said there was no way my fragile mental health would cope with doing it, especially if it was something like a rape case, so I was excused.

Shanks you are more than welcome to my share of the bacon; with my compliments! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Breakfast of the gods! Bacon & eggs. Mmmmmmmm.

All in a days work for the hen, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh crispy smoked bacon sarnies with brown sauce.........droool!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I like a fried breakfast, it keeps my weight steady and keeps the heartburn away. If I eat porridge then I put on weight and get heartburn. I have one rasher of bacon, one egg, chestnut mushrooms and a slice of toast. I'd go miserable and mad very fast as a vegetarian.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wolfy Thank you for that post I'd never considered that aspect . I'm not someone who is triggered but there are a number of red lines no one crosses nowadays and expect me to consider a case of domestic violence fairly wouldn't work . DD has many triggers like yourself and she's never going back there again so I expect she would never need to serve as a juror .

Hope Mr Wolf is doing ok and you're ok yourself xx

Am I the only one wondering how Mad Arthur could get any madder? I luvs you Mar but really?

• Polly running away sniggering - she'll get me back . Does anyone remember when my post became bullet points after I posted in GREEN ? x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure