PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well hello lovely people! I haven't posted on here for aaaaaaaaaaages, so much so that I didn't realise that we have a lovely new thread. Thank you to you all. :j :j

So, many things going on in my life. I'm working part time (4 days a week) and hoping to continue that for the rest of the academic year, so I have a reduced income but a better mental state of mind. A good pay off, I feel, but I continue to take the tablets to push me in the right direction.

Anyway, pleasures:

1) Being back on here. You're all so motivating.

2) Renewed our home insurance. Not only saved £70 by moving to a new company (yet exactly the same level of insurance) but have also got £50 cashback! :j :j Feeling very smug. :T

3) Organising a walking break with a few old school friends. Looking forward to it!

4) Joined a new book club which has just started in my local time. I recommend Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris!

5) More meal planning! Really does focus the mind for saving money.

Look after yourself people and I'll be back soon!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Safe journey mhags you are truly amazing
    The view at the top is fab bop hope we don't get vertigo!
    Very busy couple of days including gaining another resident - dd1's ex flat mate has a job in Dundee starting Friday and needs a bed while he looks for somewhere to rent. House of me is now officially full
    1) PhD student had his viva - successfully defended. He has corrections which all sound very manageable and has been offered a job in London.
    2) part time PhD student made it over from Dublin but Ophelia messed up the trains. She just made it for other student's previva talk
    3) ex boss made it over from oz via conference in Berlin. We all went for a celebratory meal
    4) 7:30 breakfast PhD meeting with ex boss and Dublin student. Should do more meetings over a cooked breakfast :-)
    5) new sink / tap / worksurface in. Looks beautiful
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,185 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures as it has suddenly got late.

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son's motorbike made it to college and back before all the electrics on it stopped working again.

3) I painted nearly all the landing and stair walls.

4) Special fried rice for tea.

5) Bigger son did an unexpected shift at work.

6) Smaller son had his SEN assessment the other day, to see if he should still have a reader, scribe and extra time in his GCSE exams. He did too well (!) so will only get extra time from now on! I didn't ask if he will be allowed to type as he does already in "wordy" subjects. (He has weak fine motor skills and a wobbly pencil grip).

Very foggy this evening when picking bigger son up from work.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Folks,

1. Watching my DT group racing their cereal box cars.

2. Talking to a nice parent at parents eve.

3. Sitting watching tv for an hour, doing a bit of quilting before bed.

4. Busy days at work go quickly.

5. Looking forward to half term!

:)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Reasonable day at work for a Wednesday not as stressful as some can be.
    2. Lazy evening as hurt my arm. Not sure how as I woke up with it

3. Caught bus to work. Read my book while waiting for it.

4. My flowers are still looking good.

5. Still feeling happier overall.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Missed yesterday so for last two days,

Twisted side and was in agony for several hours, how don't know as just turned in kitchen and given that can hump around 30kg bags of horse feed with no worries suspect it's just a sign of aging, pleasure was hot water bottle and painkillers.

Rotten weather and above meant stayed in so sleeping and reading on sofa.

GBBO, those Victorians were funny peeps, a cake for decoration and not eating, just weird.

Woke up feeling better which was good as needed to be at yard for vets visit.

The mud monster that is my horse calling as she sees me walking to her field.

More reading, Murder at the Old Vicarage by Jill McGown, pleasure is she has written a lot more books.
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mhags Just had a proper catch up. Much love to you and safe travels. Xx
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Quick pleasures before my yoga class

1. friend came for coffee. She fell over and hurt herself and was feeling very miserable and sorry for herself. She left feeling brighter.
    2. had hair cut and dyed
    3. Finished my book - it had an unsatisfactory ending, but i enjoyed reading it and it's one more thing that can leave this house
    4. salmon, broccoli and asparagus for tea. With a slice of HM sourdough later
    5. Hmm, not sure about the 5th. ......

ooh I know, OH took his mum out for dinner and DS came down from Liverpool and joined them. he seems to be doing really well, and i am hopeful of lunch with him on Saturday.

Have a good day all..

Ommmmmmmmm
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • 5 Was at the away cause of cribb last eve. New Tee shirt for apple of big has flown off the rack, as well as new socks, and a new pair of beetle crunchers! They now fit snuggly of BoP’s tootsies! Got it. Beetles have already been crunched by my new boots. While at the punter shop, I wandered around the food hall. Carp! Avoid! It was full of couples who eat separately expensive carp. All cajoled carp. Today I see inn the paper about food waste as well and people still starving. Plenty of pumpkins, and I’m talking the puddings that buy the tack and waste their food!

4 On that I did not purchase a sausage roll to keep me going till I got home to BoPsie! Instead I waited until it was home and Chicken Roulette, not available inn the emporium, and now for the umpteenth time there was a bit more of roulette than chicken. I say hot!

3 Will be out at camera club tonight for completion time. Usual rules! Should be ok I think.

2 At mill our engine is being tested today. More later

Oh look is it Thursday, that can only mean one thing. POETS Day tomorrow!
  • Sorry but on days like this I have to go again!
    http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/10/first-a330neo-becomes-airborne-for-its-maiden-flight2.html

Big Toys, none of that small carp. First Flight of the latest version of the RB211! T7K. Proud to be part of the team.

A330neo-first-flight-take-off-005.jpg?wid=1196&fit=fit,1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure