PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• 1) Being home again!

2) Lovely sitting experience this time, both boys good and all ran much more smoothly with He Who Knows along too.

3) Viewed a nice house on Thursday close to DD1 and at a reasonable price too. Now fairly confident we'll find what we want, where we want and at an affordable price. Might have to wait for the right one though!

4) Little Oreo put his arms out to me with a huge smile this morning and asked for a cuddle, first time ever worth more than rubies!

5) In anticipation, sleeping in my bed tonight and knowing the duvet will NOT come untucked from the bottom and I won't wake up with freezing cold feet, bliss!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are pleasures to be found after starting the day with very sad news from home.

Money back in bank. Now where did it go for 24 hours?

No work! It's a public holiday.

Chat with friend .

Bike gone. But sad but more relieved.

Much window cleaning.

Friend came over to countersign DD2 uk passport application.nold one expired.

A couple of nice dog walks .

Friend picked DD1 & I up & we headed into city. Had mock tails at very nice hotel then free tickets to see Calendar Girls at theatre. As a thank you for volunteering the other week. Very good but very hot.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I worked at home, it makes such a difference, got a lot of work done.
    2 Egg mayo for lunch, and washing/drying and loaded.
    3 Popped to the post office to pick up a parcel, that has been there over a week.
    4 Pft paid the monthly bills, a pleasure to be able.
    5 Hair pack, face pack, teeth whitened, and nails done, feeling a bit more presentable.
    6 DH and I are talking about the new kitchen again, it’ been 2 years in the planning and sitting on it, now to decide, buy and get it done as the boiler is going and the kitchen needs to be around it – hand forced but also a pleasure.
    7 2 piles of office paperwork sorted, but 2 big piles to go. A pleasure not to be adding to it.
    8 I managed to talk myself out of takeaway and into making, chicken salsa wraps, tastey and takeaway to look forward to tomorrow.

Wow 8 easy pleasures when working at home
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    * Two of the kids are visiting over this weekend and we are enjoying them very much. Lots of food eaten so far and it's not even Saturday.

* DD2 who got demoted after being a whistleblower has found another job. Half the pay but hey! She has bills and house payments and a truck payment so she is thrilled. She will be managing the training requirements being met for air force pilots. She said it is only one of the multitude of things she did at her other job...managing training schedules etc. and thinks it will be really an easy job. She will work at the air base in Albuquerque so will be moving there in October.

* DS3 loves the new used car we bought him. It has 4000 miles and was a steal. The down side is waiting 4 hrs in line to get a new title/registration only to be told we needed more documentation. I went home and looked up requirements online and she was wrong. So we drove back out there only to find the door locked and a note saying building capacity had been reached so they couldn't let anyone else inside. This was before their posted end of day hour. We waited outside and as people came out no one was allowed. Me thinks it's Friday and the employees wanted to go home. I told one of them that my son had driven 4 hrs to take care of this but she didn't care.
    I'm so grateful that information is posted online nowadays. The woman were were dealing with told us we had to pay 4.5% state tax on the purchase price of the car. The state gov. Website said 3%. I don't know if she's scamming or just stupid.

* Red seedless fat sweet juicy grapes!
    Red curry Thai stir fry turned out so well and everyone was getting seconds. Brownies with pecans.

* Talking for hours with my youngest son. He is taking a class for his Masters GRE intrance exam. He's up on current events, and reads and has loads of great talking points on almost any discussion. He has an interesting job. Such a pleasure! (there is hope Firth!!)

* It's been raining in our county all week.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

PK - I understand what you mean about your kitchen. We have had plans for a kitchen extension since we moved into our house, (22 years ago), 1st lot of architects plans went out of date. Just had a new plan drawn up, but now unsure if we can afford it. But it is lovely looking at the plans and dreaming.

Recent pleasures......

1. Been working on my quilt in the evenings. May have it finished for Christmas!

2. Chatted with colleagues after school on Thursday. So nice to talk to grown ups for a change! :rotfl:

3. Horticulture group at 'The Gardens'. Rain stopped as we arrived. Picked pumpkins and beans, planted cabbages. Group working more as a team. :)

4. Made another Jamie 15 minute meal for tea. (Not 15 mins!:rotfl:). Will be faster next time!

5. DD sent photos of her packing. She will be home on Sunday. :)

It seemed really difficult to squeeze 5 pleasures out of 2 days. Work is difficult :( and I spend a lot of time there........

I have seen a job I might apply for .:D I know I am too old, but with 35,000 teachers leaving the profession, they may be short on applicants!!!!!!:rotfl:
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Go for it HouseElf!
    Ooh Mila, brownies with pecans sound delicious.
    Not so far & but she is now, so many books, so little time.....

Friday pleasures,

The farmer knocked on our door to say he was blocking three out of four entrances to the farm estate to prevent invasion by travellers, this has been a big worry for us so very pleased, nothing against their choice of living but it's the misery and mess they leave behind as & can attest to.

Having a tear in the car whilst listening to a family thanking Dr Sarah for advice given on radio that helped with early cancer diagnosis.

My mud monster of a horse, two days rain and she is certainly no longer grey, far too warm to rug so good brush to prevent itchy bits and let her enjoy it.

New recipe of black bean and avocado nachos, what's not to like, crisps and cheese with 3 veg portions :D

Clean sheets and reading in bed.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For today :

Much cleaning this morning .
    Bag of stuff to salvos / dog walk.
    Our Sydney friends came down for the day and have just left. We've had a lovely afternoon/ evening. What can we do to help....just sti and chat...we can do that. A lovely gift of a beautiful book about Australia and a lovely gift of an M&S voucher :)

Nice dog walk with them and Haggis.

Out for dinner, went for Thai. Lovely food and so much laughter.

20 days! Waaaah!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Recent pleasures....

1. Some NSDs

2. Got through a tough week at school, tough because of an inspection (not Ofsted, local authority) that will no doubt result in more changes to working practices, hopefully for the better (!) and also because I was feeling really ill but didn't want to take time off unless I couldn't stand.

3. Payday has finally arrived!!

4. My new bamboo socks are here and they're really cosy and comfy, just what I need on a chilly day like today.

5. Saw KW last night and back over to his tomorrow evening after my school reunion, yay :)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    relief about the money mhags sorry it was accompanied with bad news from home
    vjsmum glad to hear your write-up going well.
    1) much relief as friend's 15 year old who went missing 9am Thursday was found safe and well last night.
    2) meeting with very nice group from Singapore. wasn't entirely sure what i was supposed to talk to them about so let them lead with questions re. faculty development
    3) very nice lunch - lots of fruit and yoghurts for pudding (well it was the diabetes clinic!)
    4) back in time for friend's leaving coffee and cake.
    5) managed to get 350 word abstract pulled together with colleague. have known about it since end of July and had to be in by today d'oh. then we went to 'the secret bar' (not so secret since it was voted one of top 10 bars in Europe with colleagues, met up with cathedral friends. like i say, not so secret...
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I’m not very happy that DH has volunteered us for 14 hours work tomorrow, but hey ho its for a good cause I know but we have been rather dumped in. So in pleasure form it equates to in MSE style I was able to get a half healthy picnic and bits to see us through the day tomorrow.

2 We bailed our sewing machine out, fixed like new and with rave reviews from the servicer of that’s how they used to be built, they loved it.

3 Brief lidl shop for the vitals, milk and fruit.

4 More achieved in the office, a big pile of paper to burn as the shredders not man enough, but getting very sorted, I’m pleased with the progress.

5 Just ordered a Chinese takeaway, off to collect it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback