PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good news VJsmum you must be pleased :)

Wednesday pleasures,

Early morning walk with little dog, low lying fog but if you looked up it was blue sky, really quite stunning.

The beech trees are changing colour, they are usually the last to change but everything seems earlier this year.

It turned into a warm, sunny day so washing basket cleared.

I'm getting faster at poo-picking, latest record is 3 wheelbarrow loads in 40 minutes, sorry if tmi :rotfl:

Sent the youngest hollow-legged one a copy of the £1 cookbook to help inspire his student cooking, he was chuffed.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2017 at 12:19PM
    Options
    5 This happens when you put proper peoples into the place where we booted out humane remains and fill the place with skilled people. Seats are swinging around now! And to think I have grabbed another stoker to join the team Growth and all I can think about is my pension. Kerching!

4 Well I does think the view from the window at the mill is good, so good in fact that this morning I wolfed a bacon and mushroom banjo from the chuck wagon! Tum was rubbed.

3 Having such a thing as a bacon and egg banjo has seriously affected my piste ready looks. I will have to iron this off in the gym later this weak! Viewing recommended

2 Nite is first camera competition at the club. As I run the projector, rule 344534 of BoP’s book of rules applies. Projector off if I do not win!

Everything off after that.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A bit past bedtime here but I'm going to walk dog up to train station shortly to meet DD1 coming home from work. This might inspire me to sleep tonight instead of becoming a closet insomniac.

Well! My day started with the discovery that $3888.95 had been taken from my account! Unauthorised! Our telephone banking doesn't open until 8am which was of no use to me at 5.30am. Went to branch 2 stations away on train after work. They were not much help as they couldn't see who had taken it either ( transaction pending next business day ) and tomorrow is a public holiday so it may be Monday .

Work was fine. My replacement is going to be working with me next week on Monday / Thursday ( busier days) , she is one of my nice customers and was so pleased this morning when I told her.

Nice visit to GP . I specifically chose him as he was who we are registered with and who we dealt with when OH went. Here you get 6 months worth of repeat prescriptions but then have to go every 6 months. I just kind of wanted to say thank you for his care and let him know I was leaving as well as getting my prescriptions. Ouch to the blood tests though!

Much tidying/ clearing/ cleaning. It's relentless!

Much nicer dog walk .

Nice chat with niece . Only 22 days till I see them! :):):)

Was locked out this afternoon whilst DD2 was putting her make up on upstairs! I was sitting on back porch constantly ringing her mobile, the house phone! Luckily I had a packet of M&Ms to eat and my UK tax return to read! I thought I'd grabbed my keys when I took 2 more bags of stuff to Salvos!

Right I'd better go and get a jacket on and tell a dog boy he's going for a walk.

Have a good day :)
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    Gimbling hellfires Mhagster, that's not the article at all!
    Profoundly hoping that it is restored unto you with all speed, an apologetic extra and no awkward nit at the counter (who by now deserves a parting pat with a surplus to requirements frying pan).

No candles to St Jude but a rocket in another direction indicated. All strength!
    P.S. Hugs to you & family & Haggis, in the meantime.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Blimey Mhags, hoping its sorted very soon
    1 I’ve been paid there’s a pro to this work malarkey.
    2 A stunning goldfinch and woodpecker on the feeders.
    3 It’s my annual arrgh must tidy everything thing I get, and so the office must be re done, I started an hour ago just forever to go.
    4 A pasta bake is about to be dished up, before I head back into the office, it feels a bit like penance for something. Updated with the pasta bake was awful, note to self do not use lidl pasta bake.
    5 Enjoying the Warehouse 13 repeats.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2017 at 12:20AM
    Options
    That's no good re transaction, MHags.

Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Used up yesterday's rumbledethumps with a fried egg for breakfast.

3) Hens well and 1 egg.

4) House tidying - floors, washing etc.

5) Read through lots of literature on Denmark ;-)

6) Smaller son and I went to Sainsburys where we bumped into one of his TAs and a mum I've known since our children were in primary school together.

7) Preparations for bigger son's 17th birthday tomorrow - fairy lights up, house tidied, cake hidden in microwave. He is having money plus 2 tiny presents from me. He doesn't go to college on Fridays so not sure if we will do something.

8) Watched Ambulance. They gave the West Brom lady subtitles! My granddad (West Brom born and bred) would be outraged!

ETA 9) Smaller son was talking about his school friend. "R's getting a new dog. It's going to be a Japanese Chinwag". :-D
  • villagelife
    Options
    1. Chat with a neighbour. They are looking after chickens for us this weekend.

2. Chicken stew from the freezer and veg from garden.

3. Have booked food delivery slot for Christmas. I have never been that organised.

4. Relaxed with a book when I got in from work as nobody else around for a while.

5. No more work til Monday.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you have sorted all with the bank Mhags.
    Had to google rumbledethumps Frith, oh my that looks good.

Thursday pleasures,

Food shopping and came in under budget for the month :money:

Started my Autumn deep clean by doing inside windows, woodwork included.

Little dog racing around trying to catch the falling leaves.

Caught up on all things Dr Foster, oh my!

Finished Death of a Busybody, the latest BL classic crime.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 September 2017 at 1:23PM
    Options
    Another here who's just printed wiki+beeb Good Food Rumbledethumps. Into recette ringbinder it'll go. Had never seen or heard the word, Frith. It's a cracker. Mhags, surely you know it?:-)

Spits didn't happen. Nor next week. This takes over:
    https://drinkup.london/cocktailweek/
    #
    1. Strip-picked Coralux corner grapes in messy rain, & precarious on big ladder. Was then minutely fussy, prepping for what last night became 9 jars of Grape/Rosemary/Red Wine Jelly:
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2604636/grape-and-rosemary-jelly
    Jewel colour.

2. In Emporium, told a little girl how beautiful her red hair ponytail was. Mummy mouthed a smiling Thankyou. Lass beamed and ponytail was tossed)))

3. Remembering an old sparrer post, when she finally allowed herself GOOD frying pan after old one's 20+yrs' service, & has done same: 1 egg version and 20cm. Thankyou Mr Maxx rtc, Italy, Germany. & never would/could countenance £29.99 and £64.99!!!!! £15.98=quite enough.
    Carefully obeyed 1st use prep, then used: excellent.
    & doesn't fry food per se, but omelette-y bits, quick egg etc. are good.

4. Listening and crocheting, the one helps the other.
    Working along these lines
    https://images.coplusk.net/project_images/146980/image/full_scrappy_crochet_blanket_1.jpg
    [Will end up doing other versions from this crop]
    National Poetry Day yesterday was wonderful from R3 in Hull.
    [Continuing, altho' r4+Jenni Murray Wimminses Hour atm.]
    Then cricket.
    Then Rugby League, with this: ''In all my years of commentary, this wonderful Championship never ceases to disappoint....'
    [another 'Not Picked Up'. & listened in vain]
    & does instant avoid as in old Thatcher era, when trumpanzee or maybottery assails &ears.

5. npd, so Bus Passed.
    Reverbe'd £1 coin:jexchanged almost at once in a £land for:
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/mr-tom-4-pack

One taken with emporium cappuccino, while looking at flowers, ducks, people, crows gardening, reading book before last village bus rtn
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24586590-the-nature-of-the-beast
    Lainey - is LP on your reading radar? Hope so.
    #
    Special bop brownie points alert, altho' & will doubtless be marked down, but nevvy mind. & v.v.v.v.v.glad to have done it -
    In said £land, & saw entire rack of trumpanzee cut-outs. No idea of purpose, amid the other evil stuff. & removed them all. Took 5 goes. Poked them in behind other stowed boxes at floor level.
    Was entirely ready to say why if challenged.:-)

Honouring POETS and National Poetry Week, & offers dearly still alive Clive:

DIAMOND PENS OF THE BUS VANDALS
    [(Poetry (Chicago), June 2006)]

Where do bus vandals get their diamond pens
    That fill each upstairs window with a cloud
    Of shuffled etchings? Patience does them proud.
    Think of Spinoza when he ground a lens.
    A fog in London used to be outside
    The bus, which had to crawl until it cleared.
    Now it’s as if the world had disappeared
    In shining smoke however far you ride.

You could call this a breakthrough, of a sort.
    These storms of brilliance, light as the new dark,
    Disturb and question like a pickled shark:
    Conceptual art free from the bonds of thought,

Raw talent rampant. New York subway cars
    Once left poor Jackson Pollock looking tame.
    Some of the doodlers sprayed their way to fame:
    A dazzled Norman Mailer called them stars.

And wasn’t Michelangelo, deep down,
    Compelled to sling paint by an empty space,
    Some ceiling he could thoroughly deface?
    The same for Raphael. When those boys hit town

Few of its walls were safe. One cave in France
    Has borne for almost forty thousand years
    Pictures of bison and small men with spears —
    Blank surfaces have never stood a chance

Against the human impulse to express
    The self. All those initials on the glass
    Remind you, as you clutch your Freedom Pass,
    It’s a long journey from the wilderness.

#
    Blessings to all.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 5 Never realised that while working inn the boiler room getting heads of steam, that the view from the window was so good. Daylight and & yellow thing shining brightly. The sun shines brightly! And guess what it is POETS day, but work is long.

4 Was at the cameral club last evening. Results are under review as I feel I was cheated with only 19. BoPsie has a swelling on her head this morning after sleeping inn the shed. She got a 20! She is this morning gloating about it and my Gallic colleague has just understood what the word gloat maens. He is being anglicised at the moment and has realised that PG Tips should be done properly!

3 After a week on the nuts of stem ginger last week, this weak I have resorted to the cakes of jaffa, but as BoP was a tad too greedy on Sunday last, we are clean out. See post afore and send wobbleade chits. So I have had to endure digestives instead. BoPsie in her dreams, dunks hers. That Parishioners’ is a bad trait and should be punishable by …

2 Nite as it is raining, BoP may let BoPsie back inn from the shed, as I have no paraffin for the heater this time of year! A film and wobbleades may be consumed!

xmas cake time!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure