PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 October 2017 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Too dark to see any more darning in of ends on Afghan crochet squares. Determined to do so as I go.
    #
    1. Could just see enough to peg laundry just now, when back. Fingers x'd for dry night. One tissue appears mulched in pocket of blue linen trousers, despite & [evidently not vg] check. It'll brush off - a total zilch amid innumerable worse in current world.

2. 2 jumble sales, both via[what turned out to be wrong choice] snarled up routes, meaning v.late arrivals. Never mind. Some bits found, including more good books at 10p apiece, which won't go for less than 50p/£1+ at a benefice sale quite soon.

3. Found self hearing this wonderful prog. this arvo:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095tcx2
    - about the fisher families out of Hull.

4. Mmm - warm endive salad awaits[French 'endive'=chicory here, one of &'s fave salades+olive oil+balsamic.] Will be accompanied by quick pink emporium rtc lamb chop+new Ratte taties, just ding-ed. & is hungry-flakey, so must assuage:-)

5. Managed to leave current Louise Penny Library book behind, which I'd come back in for... Ah well, means & still has it to finish ce soir.
    Lainey - & declares you'll love Three Pines and Armand Gamache. Chronological Hit List:
    https://www.goodreads.com/series/42154-chief-inspector-armand-gamache
    Long also to foist the brilliant:
    http://www.charlescumming.co.uk/
    [Have a deliberate spare in car...wonder why?]

#
    Agreed re: traveller incursions, Lainey. Real tension in town of horse yesterday. Noted tv cameras+multi-vehicle police presence across from encampment by Mr T.
    Like your farmer, saw much land & knows well, land-owners ditto, had any possible entry points blocked off, earthmovers parked side-on, combi's and big tree sliices fronting gates, all related biz+shops closed.
    This seems to be the latest:
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/travellers-car-park-newmarket-belongings-13697746
    Not good for Burwell. & has friends there.
    #
    Frith+Son of 17 - impossible as you may feel that no. is - hope this last childhood birthday for your elder boy has gone - and is going - REALLY well, without any more ex-OH scuppering.
    Have intermittently tried to wish you well for the day since pre-dawn, but no tinternet, nor from mob, which is now persisently ambushed by BT demanding £6.50 per day[not used by &], even after repeat fixes.
    #
    Right, off to eat before I faint.
    Bonne nuit.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday (Friday) and today:

Yesterday

1) Bigger son was 17!

2) Smaller son had a plain clothes day at school; he always likes these. Worked well in lessons.

3) Mum and dad popped in for cake and to say happy birthday.

4) Bigger son and I went to the motorbike shop to ask questions about the CBT (compulsory training day, not cognitive behavioural therapy). Found out through comparison sites that his insurance will be over £700 p.a. He then phoned his father (why?!) who lied and said it won't be over £200... Another chat with the motorbike shop man confirmed it will be in the region of £800.

5) Had lunch in Sainsburys then he spent the rest of the day up a track somewhere with some youths on mopeds!

6) Took smaller son to football.

7) Enjoyed Gogglebox.

Today

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took bigger son to motorcycle training day (he passed). He enjoyed it apart from he couldn't hear the man through the headphone thingy. Also he was taken for a drive in carpet town and had no idea what to do at a roundabout and thought he'd be killed!

3) Hens well and I cleaned out their sleeping quarters.

4) Made a birthday cake.

5) Went to my sister's for tea (taking cake) for tea and board games.

6) Just back, in bed and about to watch Casualty.
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    1) super duper day - sun and warmth
    2) washing out on line
    3) games afternoon with friends - we played citadel and the london game. both good. dd2 and i are both huge board game fans - any recommendations will be viewed with great interest
    4) lovely meal - we all did different courses. i was on nibbles. we all brought far too much food so 2 of us have goody bags for respective church harvest lunches
    5) finding out there's a new series of the upstart crow.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Evening,

Need to be up at 4am to collect DD from the airport :j DH is snoring.....

1. Up early, so made a start on the washing and drying.

2. Trip to town with DH...... Got Xmas present for me :) and a very glamorous Biba cabin suitcase in the sale, and with an extra discount. :j DH got a sensible mac and some slippers.

3. Free Cafe Nero with full loyalty cards.

4. 2 shops in Mr W trying to use up vouchers.

5. Watched Bladerunner in preparation for sequel next week. :cool:

We were not able to go to the allotment we use for our horticulture group on Thursdays, this week, because it has been taken over by a traveller encampment. It's near the hospital, so I guess someone is ill or having a baby.

& - I also listened to the Hull programme. :)

Night Night. :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh my & a 13 novel series, I'd better get cracking! Are you aware of Salt Publishing, sorry silly tablet can't do links, some interesting looking reads and an order placed.
    We are very much enjoying Upstart Crow DD unlike Back which can't stand despite loving Peep Show.
    Glad the birthday celebrations went well Frith

Saturday pleasures,

Boiled egg with marmite soldiers, am nothing if not creature of habit :D

Listened to the news quiz whilst baking various cakes and crumbles.

Lady Lulu had a meltdown in the school whilst being lunged and Lainey was water skiing behind as she charged around, no idea what kicked her off and she quickly calmed down.

A HUGE spider run across the chimney breast last night, so big that Capt S had to use a cafetière instead of usual glass to catch it, pleasure was we saw it and it didn't run across floor or my feet!

A glass of Bailey's which finished up the bottle from last Yule.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) it's not raining at the moment and the wind isn't as bad as predicted.....yet?

2) We are painting the lounge prior to getting the house valued and the just 'off white' colour I chose is looking very nice indeed. I think it's a colour I'll use in whatever we buy, very calm and peaceful.

3) Having a huge sort out in the store room (dumping ground for anything that is 'too useful' to dispose of) and being totally disciplined and getting rid of an awful lot of things.

4) Clearing the bookshelf in DD1s room into boxes, she left home 21 years ago and hasn't looked at the contents in all that time. They have to GO!

5) Nice meal at the pub last night, I've picked up another bug from the Grandpickles (a throat and cough one this time) and was too blitzed to cook, not sleeping at all well as I'm coughing if I'm not upright, yuk!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our clocks went forward today so slightly out of sorts time wise all day ( it also doesn't help that the huge kitchen clock that we all use to refer to time is in a container on the seven seas somewhere!

It's stayed mostly dry. Mild is how you would describe today's temperature.

Cleaning continues.

Chat with friend from home after she'd bumped into another friend of mine who said oh, your M's friend did you know she's coming back in December! And my friend thought aha! you obviously are not fully in the loop! It's not been announced publicly yet , those that need to know, know!

Much purple in the front garden.

Nice dog walks.

Shiniest skirting boards in the whole of Australia!

Manhandled a roll top desk downstairs , with 2 twists in the staircase. Not easy but done and sold and gone.

Someone else who was so desperate to pick up lamps hasn't bothered and Canadian friend who was going to pick up wardrobe, husband was just too exhausted and can we do tomorrow ...I really am coming back as a minimalist! I just want the stuff out the house , if you say you're coming to collect come!

Right, will be bedtime soon. Working with my replacement tomorrow morning.

Have a lovely Sunday
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Blah, it's a horrible grey and rainy day here. I am briefly going out to the shop, but it will be an indoor day for me.

1. I am going to have a hot sea salt bath with lavender and geranium essential oils in a minute.

2. I'm going to make a nice dinner today. I want to get into the habit of making a roast dinner on Sundays.:)

3. We are staying in and watching a new boxset of a programme later.

4. It's horrible out there today, but I will get all nice and cosy indoors as it looks like the weather might be turning. I'm going to light some candles and get my snuggly blanket.

5. I tried out my new oil diffuser again, I tried it yesterday and thought it made the room smell nice and fresh. I tried orange oil yesterday and I will try lemon today.:A
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 It is natural that todays meal from the Al la Carte range in the kitchen of BoP is pork chop, with snorker, leek, rosemary enfused roast tatties, carrot swede mix! With pan gravy and proper stuffing. Tum will be rubbed! Then strawberries!
    4 Was down in shire of Devon with big sis yesterday. Out into the local and a wobbleade. She is fine, incredible that being big sis, she has no grey hair!
    3 Then we herded out to emporium of wobbleade and had a meal out. It is not often that BoP eats out so there. Wobblerade was consumed!
    PM2DD
    The GIMPS turned up at the Theatre of Fish yesterday. Seems points all round! Now as I was outs with sis of big yesterday, I did a quickie accumulator and was up by £3. BoPsie is mega as she never does seem to win!
    Follow that with some of you happen inns!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well and 1 egg. The little bonfire I lit on the compost heap yesterday was still burning!

3) Lunch at mum and dad's then we all had an air rifle shooting competition.

4) Got the house reasonably tidy - changed bunk beds and cleaned the bathroom.

5) My school friend came round for tea.

6) The motorbike saga continues; bigger son went out with his father again and a deposit has been paid...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback