PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning - 'nother day 'nother train. Supervision meeting this morning - I am a little trepidatious… (is that a word?). Ah well, whatever, it will move me on.

Sorry for your troubles Suffolk Sue, and yours Frith. Hope the poorlies are on the mend

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Early ish train from ICT - not too bad a journey, except for a Shrewsbury Shuffle
    2. Met friend for lunch - she is off to Israel next week, lucky thing. Went to Byron Burger and had salad :p
    3. Home to a tidy and quiet house. Nice walk home in the sunshine, though my bag was heavy. Plum blossom is on the trees. (I weighed my bag when I got in - it was 25lbs!!)
    4. OH had got left over veggie curry out of freezer for tea, was lish
    5. Cold feet

Have a nice day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Lurgies and not wells. Here is a bonus from Jenny. :heartpuls

V Raffles got excited last nite as the buzzard was trimmed for second roast and the curry. Was rite tasty with mixed raspberry and blackcurrant jam. Proper tasty is chicken with jam. Roast tates and chunky carrots again. Proper foods! Raffles loves the skin.

4 Just checked me mattress for growth and I read elsewith around here over xmas peoples were losing their monies rrrrr over elbow! Well with mes going to San Francisco in four weaks, my mattress is where it should be if I has not raided it. Please note, BoP dids not withdraw from his pension pot, but adjusted his penny in.

3 Lots going on at the mill today, mill race is choppy, but in the spoiler room, all is quite right!

2 BoPsie’s nightware is out of the recycle bucket and …

No need to have one today!

Note another!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hello everyone, just realised I have not posted or read since 7th February :eek: not because RL has got in the way but just because I have been trying to wean myself off being on line all day :rotfl: There have been plenty of pleasures but I don’t have the memory to remember them all :rotfl:

Lunch with DH’s niece in a new restaurant - excellent company, delicious food, great ambience & music at the correct decibel level :T

The street light in the front garden has stayed off most nights after coming on for a couple of hours at dusk :T

I have made my F*tb*t happy most days :rotfl:

The weather has been mostly spring like - sunshine & warmth

On my daily walks by the docks I have been rewarded by seeing - swans, coots, mallards, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, a pair of Egyptian Geese :D, nesting crested grebes, a tufted duck, a cormorant, a moorhen :D & lots of seagulls

Pleasant afternoon spent at The Bike Show (motorbikes;)) - finally have a waxed jacket in black with no armour that can be worn when not riding the bike :D & DH treated me to the armoured vest that can be worn underneath :T Saw a couple of TT riders.

Have been successful in making several thrown together soups :drool::drool:

Found a single long stemmed red rose on one of my mini walks :D

Planted a few bulbs in a basket on the kitchen windowsill & already have 3 shoots :T

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 The laptop arrived, I suspect I will be cussing Windows 10 before long. Also, the new energy company confirmed a switch over date.:money:

2 Anything in the hallway and landing that was skirting, door frame, or window sill I’ve given a new coat of white gloss to. The animals have decided I’ve gone quite mad and kept a good eye on me.:rotfl:

3 The oven grill was cleaner foamed, quite easy if you don’t breathe! Spray foam on, leave a half hour and then take it off.;)

4 Dinner was haddock and veg, would much rather proper fish and chips but must try to keep on track. I'm having food wants for all sorts of bad stuff.

5 I tried to grout revive with a 1-pound grout pen, gave in and hoped that I get what I pay for and ordered a unibond pen off Amazon Prime.:o

6 I’m starting to prepare the lounge for redecoration, and DH is now actively helping horray!, (he actively avoids painting) but will be helping with a lot of heavy moving about.:j
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Pouring with rain as I type! In bed and under blankets. Have not had the heating on at all today and whilst it would be cosier with it on it's doable with it off.

First night in about 10 nights I've not been up through night coughing. ( just spent the rest of the day spluttering!)

Took a garden table and chair over to friends. Skip was picked up today.

Went to T for fruit and bread. Met a couple of friends and coughed my way through conversations.

Went to vets and got Haggis a toy with a £10 voucher I had. He loves it!

Picked DD2 up at college. We went on a reconnaissance mission! Had lunch in a nearby village.

Watered turf! Then the rain further watered it!

Had to drive in all my least favourites...rush hour, dark and rainy! DD2 had a hospital appointment after 6pm so at least parking wasn't a problem.

Went for dinner afterward. One of my favourite places. First time I've been in since done up . Very nice but a bit too noisy. Had pate then lasagne. Stuffed.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    trepidation vjsmum from the Latin trepidare to tremble. trepidatious, from the US, perhaps they have more to be trepidatious about! both wonderful words, we should use them more often
    1) thought a meeting was at 9:30. realised at 8:45 it was at 9. mrpiano still in bed at 8:45, mrpiano driving me to work 8:50, walk into meeting with chair 8:58. phew!
    2) my hm chicken stew was lovely
    3) mrpiano came picked me up from work - what a sweetie
    4) then we both had chicken stew
    5) and now he's practising chopin and i'm keeping an eye on league one scores.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • plumduff55
    Options
    I've been really busy these last few days and and have intentionally been reducing the amount of time on MSE. My pleasures for the last couple of days are;

1) I went for a lovely walk on Saturday and it felt like Spring was here - although that feeling has gone again.

2) I've sewn two cushions made from two of my grandchildren's Christmas outfits.

3) I've knitted a baby matinee jacket, bootees and hat. This is for my ddil's friend who had a wee girl in January.

4) My case is packed for visiting son on Thursday.

5) I've made a tray of Rocky Road and it's delicious

Tomorrow I'm going to visit ddil and grandchildren and won't get home till 10ish then I'm away first thing Thursday for the 8 hour journey to eldest son's. So it's all go for me and I'm in my element xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,163 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) French toast with fruit for breakfast.

3) Hens OK.

4) Brother came round for board games.

5) An exciting and well travelled parcel arrived for bigger son ;-)

6) I went for a cup of tea with my school friend.

7) Made spaghetti and meatballs for tea then bread pudding.

8) Watched Holby City.

9) Just caught up online (on a whim) with MrB from 7 (!) years ago.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning,

It's half term. You would think I would have time to post some pleasures everyday, but too busy sleeping!

1. Went into school on Monday. I like being in school when the students are not there. So much gets done :rotfl: I promised my Y7 group I would put their work on display. It was a bit tricky, and took 3 hours, because it had to be very secure. Bits dropping off displays set off the alarm, usually in the middle of the night, and the site manager has to be called out. As he is building our extension, I don't want to upset him.:D

2. I was very cross reading an email from my line manager. Sent a reply telling him I was cross. :eek: (I know this is not wise). Felt better for it, as I am fed up with how SLT treat the rest of us.......went back into work on Tuesday and sorted the issue. Copied everyone into the email. :A

3. Went to see Vice with DH and DS2. Excellent.

4. On the way back from school, yesterday, I did supermarket shopping with coupons. 4 supermarkets. Lots of free pasta and half price ice cream. DS2 will be ok while we are in London.:D

5. Rtc Chinese meal for 2 stretched to 3 with rtc belly pork. Yummy and quick.

6. New mattress topper lead to turning the mattress, then vacuuming under the bed and changing the hose on the vacuum cleaner. What a performance! Lovely nights sleep in fresh bedding and comfy mattress. :)

We are off to London today.....we had booked into The House of Commons dining room, (Thanks Mrs SD for the idea), but it was cancelled due to Brexit. :rotfl: We. Have had to think up a new plan......watch this space.

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    House elf - times you have to let them know how you feel. It worked for me with Doctors letters too but took four years before listened too.

1. Work fine. I worked by myself, in my small department, and enjoyed it. Had lunch with others in the main department and laughed more than I have at work in years.

2. Bus journey more or less on time.

3. Text messages with a couple of friends.

4. DH agreed to throw away some of his Mum's stuff. Not much but it all helps.

5. Cooked new recipe for tea. It was easy and tasted good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback