We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
Comments
-
higher education is grim in Scotland at the moment so let's think of mse pleasures
- A day off cos my lifelong learning on Richard II started (3 week course) - fab
- And the sun is shining
- Made a very tasty Zuppa di Verdure (sounds so much better than Vegetable Soup) - it was lish (and had a chilli, rosemary, thyme and bay leaves from the garden)
- The library - such a wonderful asset - I now have Yellowface and also my next book club book (cos I was away last week when they met)
- Crunching beechnuts under foot
20*26 for 2026: 370 / 5207 -
I was crunching beech nuts underfoot also today DD.
Funny sleep and odd dreams. Had woken at 1am and then not until 6.45am which is late for me.
Made my guests pancakes and fruit for breakfast. To use up the eggs.Messaged a friend to ask if DD1 could pop in if they were free. They were. So returned the dodgy but cute lamp to TKMax . The girl at till could not understand why this was even a thing and issued refund straight away! Then dropped them off and doggy and I carried on and went our most lovely walk at CP. only about 7-8 minutes from where friend lives.
So we had a lovely walk. I collected conkers. He sniffed. I crunched through beech nuts and leaves and watched the leaves fall in front of us. There was a bonfire nearby so that nice smell of woodsmoke. It had been raining so was damp but was dry for our walk. Got the very last of the blackberries at the end of the driveway but went a little bit further on the way back and found a new supply! And it was just a lovely walk.
Drove up to caravan to give him his lunch and met two swim pals so had a nice chat with them, fed dog and left …as it started raining again. Popped into friends and had a nice chatter. Then we stopped at ice cream shop…for holiday ice cream for the holidaying Australians. Then home.
They went a walk. I had a chat with my sister. Then printed out this weeks service. Sent my invoice. And next weeks service all okayed with no changes to be made.
Then got a ping to say a Vinted parcel had been delivered. Too far to walk in the rain so drove up and got it…and had literally just got home in the drive and got a ping to say another had been delivered ….really? But it was to the lockers nearer DD2 so they picked it up for me on their way here. Two gorgeous pink jumpers!
And DD1 had made a butter chicken from scratch. I made some naan bread. And we had a very nice tea. Leftover cheesecake and pavlova for pudding.
Snuggles with The Baby who came to tea.Friend had called so had a chat with her.
DD2 and Partner back out a-visiting this evening, so at the moment all is quiet. Dishwasher is on. Laundry hung upon clothes horse. And I am going to just be quiet for a wee while…I seriously am too used to living on my own 😆
8 -
1.Another wonderful sunny day, even hotter than yesterday.
2. Roger Taylor of beloved Queen on my lap, via mob.+R4😁. Listening up on my Gog Magogs hill spot, Doblo windows down, with free emporium latte. Lovely interlude. Voices drifting uphill from far off Netherhall.
3. Dear Doblo has gone round the clock, 100125 as we speak, and absolutely laden, with more, More, MORE for Nexus and Saturday's Church Jumble. Uncollected🏉Club lost property is legion for this one every season. Without dear Doblo, & is sunk.
4. Great afternoon tea+catch-up with M, away from Club. Marvellous vast garden, unusual shape. Gave a squash and a white snapdragon in bloom from church plant table. It's a lovely thing. Neither of us have seen a white one before.
https://share.google/n4xRIGVM7an5iB7P6
5. 2 outfits sorted for tomorrow's afternoon wedding bit. Will probably try on both, decide when I decide😁.
#
Tough final news re: a young person from &'s time with a particular cohort. This was a terrific youngster, good-looking, very well-connected, found a life purpose, felt valued and loved doing charity work with &. But, but, but......R.I.P. L. This one's really shaken me. It felt right to take this now lost life into our ancient place of solace, among other things, with me yesterday.
CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET
6 -
Pleasures for today (Monday)
1)Not a bad sleep.
2) At the shopping centre by 9 to have my hair cut.
3) There's a new grand piano for the public to play so I had a go.
4) Went to the SEND college cafe for a pot of tea.
5) Had 2 games of chess with smaller son.
6) Cleared and weeded front and back gardens plus the garage.
7) Salmon traybake for tea.
6 -
We’ve been away for a long weekend at a steam fair, it was just what the doctor ordered, set in an amazing setting, watching planes come and go at Shuttleworth, and with access to the collection and garden.
Wash loads are on and out.
We seem to have made a couple of new friends, it’s amazing what repetitive once a year exposure to us does.
We walked all the ferrets; it opens conversations with like-minded people.
A lovely journey home, we stopped in at C0stco to fill up with fuel.
A quick unload of the van and then popped back out for an injection, honestly she was the best by far, barely noticed this one.
6 -
Incoming!
& You need to share more of them Jammy Dodgers!
MHags Crunching Nuts! Ooooooooooooooouch!
Your version of the 'Life of BoP!'
Bin Busy! We has Roast Pork, Farm Shop!, with perfect crackling on SunDae. Served with proper minted new spuds, carrot swede mis and collie flower. Pan gravy! Also with choklate spotted richard and lumpy custard! I say choklate as I tipped two much choklate into the mix!
Flicks
Eyed The Adjustment Bureau and After the Sunset on the stream things. Slow but good. WobbleJuices were taken with cheese!
Based
Still on daily dressing on my … The thing is gotting smaller!
The Docks
I think it is time I telds the Harbour Master to sail his own ship! Or do I take his pieces of eight!
Buzby sends a 💚
I work from home so my cat can be fed on demand!8 -
For yesterday,
Into horsey town for a few bits from emporium, there was a loose horse coming from the training gallops and luckily the gods were smiling as he cantered across the crossing when the lights were red! Stable girl running behind desperately trying to catch up!
Still picking toms and spinach, brassica babies are doing ok 👍
Over to nearby farm shop to meet up with friend, she was on her way to Norwich for a few days of R&R. Nice catch up over lunch.
Had put my yard clothes in car but logical route to stables was blocked by road closure so bit late getting there and girlie let me know of her disapproval!
Quiz night on tv and exercising little grey cells.
8 -
Hello everyone 😊
Not posted for a while, so I’ll just do a few recent pleasures working back from today 😊
Lovely warm day here now the morning cloud has moved on. Blood test at hospital first this morning, then on to lovely shopping street for fresh bread and then on to visit friends who are down for the week renovating their beach hut. Lovely views from there.
Then on to local pub for a delicious bargain (2 for £15) lunch.
Yesterday it was warm and sunny and we finally found a handyman to come and hang pictures, mirrors, curtain rail, bird box etc. he did a great job and I’m really pleased with how everything looks. Couldn’t hang the long curtains though as they arrived very creased, which haven’t dropped out despite being spread out on the spare bed for a week. The material looks sort of “felted” in places, they are going to be collected and replaced so hope next lot are ok 🤞Dip in the hot tub in the afternoon 😊
On Sunday we went to the Naze where there were celebrations going on and really enjoyed listening to Hoy Boy, a sea shanty singer.
Saturday evening we went to a really good Dire Straits tribute act with friends at the local theatre.
We’re thoroughly enjoying our retired life here but feel ready for a change, so have booked a cottage in the Cotswolds for a week from next Friday.
Have a good day everyone, enjoy the sunshine ☀️ if you’ve got it ☀️
7 -
we actually had some sunshine today Paulie and it was very nice to see it too!
Rubbish sleep and was up early and then dozed off again and woke at 7.30am and DD2 texting to say I’m just walking round…oh okay!
Planted my RTC bedding plants I’d got on Saturday…cyclamen, pansies, dianthus, pink and white chrysanthemums. I’d cleared the tubs they were to go in last night and potted them this morning.
Then we manhandled between three of us a mattress that I’d been given last year ( as new but was very uncomfortable) downstairs and out into the car and down to the tip.Out for lunch having an early big birthday meal for DD1 a couple of months early! We went to restaurant at castle and it was lovely and then I asked the owner of castle if we could wander up ( private road) and she said yes we could , so that was nice of her. Gorgeous sunny afternoon.
They dropped me off home and I said c’mon doggy let’s go for our walk and I had a lovely sunny swim! How nice. I didn’t know if I would get a swim this week so that was nice! And then home.
Chat to sister.
And nice messages back and forth with sister in law.
Holiday makers washing all done and dried and ready to be packed for the next leg of their adventure.
6 -
Pleasures for today (Tuesday)
1)Not a bad sleep.
2) Hoovered my room and the spare room, dusted etc.
3) Had 2 games of chess with smaller son.
4) Curry for tea.
5) My brother's friend has mended my sewing machine and sent me a video of it.
6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards







