5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Highdays
    Highdays Posts: 296
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.

It's turned a lot colder here and we are forecast snow at the weekend but it's lovely and sunny today, clear blue sky, just right.

Recent pleasures:

1) Inch by inch my home has been cleaned/polished/painted as necessary in readiness for our visitors. It's scrubbing up very nicely and part of me wishes I was domesticated enough to keep it at this level all the time, unfortuntately it generally gets a qiick lick and a polish most of the time and the 'big clean' before people come. Anyway, we are just about there on the cleaning front, now to sort the food.....

2) A ride out to the garden centre as we needed a wreath holder thingy for the glass door. Quick look at the Christmas stuff but it was very busy so didn't linger.

3) The trees are mostly bare now and we had a journey back through pretty bleak and bare countyside just as the sun was going down in a wintry sky. Always makes me feel very nostalgic.

4) Son's partner and daughter came in to look at my Christmas decorations and plans were made for a girlie day out in the run up to Christmas. That'll be fun.

5) Through necessity my Christmas decs have gone up very, very early this year but evenings with the tree twinkling and the candles lit are proving to be a big pleasure.

A day to make lists and get sorted today then an afternoon with my library book - by coincidence it's just won the Booker Prize so I'll need to get it finished as it's due back shortly and there'll be a waiting list now so no chance of renewing. It's very, very good so need to crack on.

Have a good day whatever you are up to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure