PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    1. I've been trying to do some exercise at home (I have health problems) and managed to do 1 and 1/2 miles walking video today and yesterday.:) I'm hoping to improve on that in the next weeks.

2. It's actually a lovely sunny day here.

3. I was waiting for a delivery and it arrived just after I finished my walk, lucky timing.

4. Delicious freshly squeezed orange juice after a long shower.

5. I got some free books on A*azon Prime. I keep forgetting I can read some for free!:p I got about 6 new books lined up on my kindle.
  • 5 Disappointing judge at club last night. Did not like sports photography! Never mind, I sulked on a wobbleade instead. He gets no points from BoP.

4 Off to JL later and BoPsie has silvered my palm with some plastic money. As I has a card there I get free cake! Watch this space later. Curtain hunting.

3 I could not believe it that BoPsie crossed me palm with plastic this morning! I must has given her too much housekeeping last month if shes awash with funds like this! And her mitts for house keeping funds are not filled until next week as well. Shes afters something I thinks! More later! I refused the dog burger this morning!

2 Morrow we has beans as well! BoPsie, as noted above, in the weak where BoPs pension as bin seriously affected and I has not received any wobbleade chits off anyone as well!, she has pulled it off! Under the tinned toms, not the carp vine ripened version at extortionate prices in the emporium, we has a can of beans of haricot! So this very day BoP was shuffled offs to the mill with has beens on toast, buttered toast at that as well. Well gorged and wolfed down. So we dont need your wobbleade chits after all. That is what proper foods do and when you look after things!

The wind is getting up a bit!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Found at half price the Craghopper Goretex jacket I tried to buy at the end of last summer and no one had any in stock! It now hangs on MY peg at home!!!

2) So warm today that I had to undo my coat and take off my gloves, fandabbiedosie!

3) Tiny 'Tete a Tete' daffodils in full bloom in a front garden when Cookie and I went for walkies this afternoon.

4) Woke as it got light to the first dawn chorus in the birch trees outside the window, someone was singing their little heart out, so beautiful.

5) Found some lovely T shirts for the Grandpickles reduced to £1 each in Primark today too, bought some to fit now and some next size up for each of them.
  • Mhagster_2
    Options
    Hello. Just had dinner . No end of week takeaway but a homemade fakeaway .

After a dreadful nights sleep on sofa was quite glad to wake up this morning.

Walked to slimming club...have lost 5.5lbs . Surprised but delighted. Discovering I know quite a few who go so nice to have a blether . Walked back via T and got a few things for tea tonight. Walked back the muddy way. Crocuses and snowdrops in gardens. It's stayed dry all day though a chilly breeze.

Room painting is finished ! Hurrah!

Went down to neighbour friend for a couple of hours. Nice to chat. Came away with an alarm clock! I want to (try) and not have iPad and phone next to bed and being first thing I look at but I also use them as a clock...problem solved and spare clock given!

Nice doggy walk.

Made dinner of chicken strips dipped in egg and then instant potato powder with chilli, baked in oven . Veggies done in wok with sweet chilli sauce. Tasty.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    So sorry house elf - please take it easy & keep warm. Maybe the family can take care of you!

My OS pleasures for Friday

1. Dry bright day - not that I saw much of it:o as I was asleep from 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (have been watching the Winter Olympics live).

2. Being in a position to watch the Olympics live:j

3. Not having to cook - DH got us a takeaway & enough to freeze for another dinner:T

4. DH has booked us a short break to Dublin (never been before) for next month:j - we have a bit of business to sort out then the rest of the time is our own:beer: The really important pleasure is we will be flying from our local airport:)

5. Reading your pleasures:)

‘See’ you all tomorrow.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Thank you for the sympathy Mrs SD Still poorly. Feeling cheated now, cos officially half term and I am ill! Picking up ‘new to us’ car later, so have to drive. Ugh!

1. DD made me soup for lunch.
    2. Put heating on.
    3. Watched a couple of episodes of Death in Paradise.
    4. ‘Ting’ meal for tea, but did not enjoy sneezing around Mr T’s trying to think of something to buy.......brain not working.
    5. Managed to sort out a pot of miscellaneous items which lurks on the kitchen island and also emptied the back of the sofa in the front room. (When the kids were small we used to find cutlery, now it is pens!).

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Managed to clean house on Thursday before coming to France for a few days. It will be semi tidy when we get home as DS2 is staying at home.

2. Work very busy Thursday but all toxic people on leave so a good day and stayed late to finish. A colleague said I enjoy my job as she could hear it in my voice and it's the 'politics ' that I can't stand. She was right and is probably reason I'm still there.

3. Good journey to France but bewildered by people. Someone going down a busy up escalator on the tube in rush hour.
    On the plane the inability of people to find and sit in their allocated seat. Bewildering. I had 2 people, not a couple, sir in the seats next to me but they should have been sitting elsewhere.

4. Warmer weather.

5. Lovely fish meal with friendly restaurant owner and then back and watched Waking Ned on Amazon prime with a glass of wine.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Get well wishes for HouseElf, rotten timing as you say.

Friday pleasures,

Sunshine, lots and lots of sunshine so the act of just lifting my face up to the sun.

Lulu, she is young so can be a bit of a stress head at times but watching her put all trust in me to keep her safe in any situation is humbling to say the least.

Time spent in the garden, having a general tidying and noticing the signs of life, bright green shoots in the chive pots, delicate fronds on base of the bronze fennel.

Making various arrangements to meet up with pals, it’s like people are slowly emerging from their hibernation :rotfl:

First Dates Valentines special, cheesy but fun.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Another really lovely warm and sunny day down here, lovely to be outside and able to have all the windows open to air the house.

2) Walking Cookie we came across the first rhododendron just beginning to open flamingo pink flowers and the first Blackthorn blossom, just a few flowers fully open.

3) 3 buzzards soaring over the village way up high, calling their 'Keeaaaah' call to each other, looked effortless just hanging on the thermals.

4) Cookie has gone home again after her week with us and we've had a lovely box of chocs, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a nice bottle of wine for He Who Knows from her to say thank you, sweet!

5) Found another house to view next week, it's an exact replica of the house we owned in Kent before we came here, I got quite nostalgic looking at the estate agent's pictures. We'll see!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1) an early morning walk by the river, blue sky, fresh air and my darling dog at my side

2) spending a few hours helping my friend with her new born lambs

3) picking the last beetroot and turnips

4) making a green soup with lovely, fresh organic veg

5) making up the bed with bedding thats been blowing on the line all day
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback