PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• So the icon fell on the poor. Strange that before the Buerke in Ethiopia when dropping parcels on the rich, as the poor were too weak to move, and being shot at from the hills, the only ones on the ground were MSF! Wander why I has not been inn the shop? Now some ambassador in name, but not the field has a bitter pill to swallow. The same in the outreach of Haradh, where water came but once every twenty days, you stored enough for as long. When the water tower was completed, the Bedouin shepherd led his goats to the tower in thought the search for water grazing was over! The town could support another week without the wasteful pipe from the coast pouring more into the sands!

5 Watched Man City last night, game over in five minutes and then watched a programme on the Big Apple. How poor is the BBC for having to repeat everything. I can concentrate more on my goldfish bowl! It seems they think it is the only town that cannot grow its own food, but not mentioned the water! Poor. Please do not pay the regressive TV Tax, the only corporation that criminalises more females in the UK than any other source?

4 Flipping ‘ek, did I give it max last night as I tossed off nine pancakes! Each pan flipped with a flick of the wrist. No mess. Spread with tinned oranges, topped with icing sugar and cocoa. Then served with lemon sorbet! Tum was rubbed after proper food on pancake day. I has not mentioned my lunch box this week have I. Today is loaded with cheese, proper digestive, Bourneville and a club. Also has a salad. Proper foods and good for you. Water fresh from the tap is also drunk with tea.

3 Buck of face this day is full of Quacks and Cracks! First those suggesting that some magic mix pill and cholesterol are big problems, but not the added sugars on the pretend health snack of vine dried tomato half-baked biscuit thing! Not. Then cracks who have an agenda that their education has transfixed their brain into too much thought about being unwell they are unwell! You’re here once! Grab it!

2 Night again BoP will be showing the new season look and beach ready body at the gym! Running mats are provided for your comfort! Then it will be sardines on toast, with salad! Now I has boughts you two foods this day that you just knows you are daring to have!

Less time mucking reading this and more doing that
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• ampersand wrote: »
    bop - excellent italics para. intro.

Nows nots every day you get two bursts of BoP.

Just checked my gas and Electric. Deal on ustitch for April 19 cheaper than my deal I is on with SP. Taken.

Remember to check every month and don't let their palms get too greasy with filthy cash.
  • Mhagster_2
    Options
    Hello. I've been frozen for most of the day! The coldest wind I've felt in a while. Heating on most of day but was off much of yesterday so balanced out .

Up early and went and bought paint . Back home for 8.30am ...I was going in the right direction for no traffic and it's school hols this week too.

The breeziest, freeziest dog walk...however we met a new to us Labrador called Lucy who was not as keen as chasing Haggis as he would have liked! Whilst chatting with her owner I got some building advice and a phone number for a builder.

Rest of the day spent quietly. A few emails dealt with. Refund given on replacement breakfast cereal...er why would I want a more expensive and 50% less item? And my broken eggs and green potatoes use by today refunded by an online voucher. Very prompt. If only the remaining pension company would get its act together! Sigh!

Son had an interview in Glasgow..off he went wearing his father's suit and boots looking unusually very smart! Hopefully he hears one way by end of week.

DD2 went back to work and DD1 was out having Thai food....I could almost taste it!

So I had a few hours of just me and my dog boy. Was nice.

Had chilli for lunch from freezer and made a sausage casserole from sausages bought in October! Trying hard to use up freezer stocks. Sausages served on a bed of turnip mash ( from freezer!)

Have polyfilla-ed the holes left in bedroom. It's getting painted tomorrow morning! Shall go carpet shopping tomorrow. Have chosen a yellow paint for feature wall and white for rest. Rest of house is white. Easy to touch up and if I do decide to sell house it's better than the ghastly walls before.

It's a whole 50 weeks today since my lovely husband died. How can that be a thing? Miss him so much though he was never one for grand romantic gestures ...had to buy my own flowers!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    For Wednesday:

1. Unwell but meant I snuggled in my dressing gown for a few hours & avoided the rain as we were due to go out on the motorbike to order sofa/s & carpet.

2. Finally made the peperonata - looks good & will accompany the hm lasagne (to be made Thursday)

3. Biscuit tin refilled with hm coconut biccies - only 49 today! Last time managed 52:rotfl:

4. DH did NOT waste money on flowers/card - just showed his appreciation of biccies & the pork chop, leek & potato mash & roasted veg we had for dinner by giving me a big hug (DH gives GREAT hugs) & supplying me with numerous cups of coffee.

5. Watching Men’s Skeleton with a cup of Hor**cks & then off to bed.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting day which started and finished well.

1.Slept well and woke up feeling refreshed. Achieved quite a lot before leaving for work.

2. Good morning at work just the right degree of busyness.

3. Discharged from physio with more exercises to do and told that DS2 needs to chase his physio appointment. Receptionist going beyond her job to find out for me.

4. All but one colleague being very supportive of another colleague when she was upset by a patient. I took over for the last few minutes and agreed that he was the worst patient I have ever had to deal with. Luckily of the five of us working four were people that helped and supported. One left as it was home time and it didn't matter to get that someone was in tears and still patients waiting to be seen.

5. Texted DH about it and we had Chinese take away as an hour later I still felt shaky.

6. Relaxing evening with take away and a glass of wine. Ended up watching a recorded Indiana Jones film. It is easy to watch and involved no thinking.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodness hope no one else is shut out. Still makes me smile though tha5 we have to be nice to mhags does that mean the rest of us are fair game?!
    1) up early and brisk walk to church for 8:00am imposition of the ashes.beautiful way to start the day
    2) bumped into colleague as he was alighting his bus. He was off for a coffee at the counting house so I joined him. Has lovely bit with books, and coffee / tea is £1.20with all day refills
    3) he also gave me three names for further discussions on work idea i’m Developing
    4) no free lunch at 9:30 to 4:30 training which I don’t mind per se, but annoying cos I and others would have taken in lunch (and in my case tea too). Instead bought toasted cheese and onion sandwich in library cafe and ham sarnie for tea
    5) after Skype off to cineworld with gbf and dd1 for twelfth night from Stratford. Fabulous production. Gbf off to oz and NZ on Saturday till 10th April :eek:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) It's NOT raining today!

2) It's NOT Valentines Day today either!

3) There is 1 house worth viewing in our chosen area so we'll be booking that for early next week.

4) Lovely long chat to DD2 last night, pickles have been poorly with a high temperature but are now feeling better.

5) Coming in from walking the houndicus yesterday very cold and wet and finding the fire lit and tea made, the best!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

The wind and rain battered the house from lunchtime onwards, pleasure was I had done the morning walk with Tilly and lovely Capt S volunteered for the afternoon shift.

I managed to negotiate the Uni of Cambridge job application process and submitted mine for the CFAS post, now to wait and see...

Due to weather the evening drew in quickly so battened down the hatches and made all cosy.

Candlelight and special meal with beloved.

Slightly squiffy games of Yahtzee :)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nother day nother train, back to ICT as brother has left and I want to make sure it's secured properly

Hope Skint is ok

Pleasures for yesterday.

1. OH received the recycled valentines card, it's now on its fourth round as we decided to just keep resending the same one rather than keep buying new every year. It's not hearts and flowers, it is a comedy horse :rotfl: he couldn't find his to me, which bothered him but not me...
    2. Yoga - I think there were slight signs of improvement
    3. Lunch with friend, good to have a catch up
    4. Had various bits waxed and tinted. Had a blether with beautician
    5. OH cooked cauliflower and broccoli cheese for tea, that we had with asparagus. OH and I had a rasher of bacon too as it needed using up. dD is trying to be veggie so she didn't.

Have a good day all, off to do an interview first then ICT this avo.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure