PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday, though I keep thinking it is Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well and had some porridge.

3) Went to floody city with my brother to look around the charity shops and he had a nearly new Worcester Warriors warm coat.

4) Collected bigger son from college while we were there.

5) Mushroom omelette for lunch.

6) Went into local town with bigger son primarily to go to the library.

Smaller son in some trouble now (for complete laziness) so I have to go in for a meeting about that tomorrow. :-(
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    BoP, I'd missed seeing the news on Rick Jolly, remember him very well as he was so high-profile post-operations. How sad that he didn't have the long retirement he so deserved. RIP.

Mhags, fingers crossed for whatever you decide being a good choice.

Small collection.

1. A really lovely 'canine angel' Christmas tree ornament arriving, free to review. Sounds naff, but it isn't as everything is beautifully reproduced. It's a Maltese terrier, and very recognisably a Maltese. As I collect these all the year round as the opportunity arises, it's not unseasonal as such.

2. Some lovely corrections to do, and work being such a pleasure.

3. Succumbed to making puff pastry cheese and bacon wraps a la Gr3ggs. Quick, easy, tempting - tea, supper, breakfast and lunch. The freezer was full, is my defence. Well, the nearest freezer was...

4. Sitting in a warm kitchen before daybreak, having my Nespresso coffee, and thinking 'I don't have to go out in that biting cold wind to get to work. I just have to walk into my warm lounge and pick up my laptop'.

5. A visit from DD and DGD, various items taken out with them, including a enamelled mug for DD, she loves using my retro mugs, and now has her own. It was a Christmas present that I forgot to give her.

5. Payday, and your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fairly good day.

1. Met a lovely person at work. She made me feel better in myself just by being herself. We had a long talk when I should have been working.

2. Took lunch in only a sandwich but with LO chicken cooked with a tikka sauce.

3. Doing my physio exercises and managing the hard version of them all as my back is improving.

4. Went to a supermarket. The pleasure being i hadn't been in one since before Christmas.

5. Watching Only Connect.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

A lie-in to 8am.

Chat with my DB and plans made for a family lunch with our Uncles, it's been a year since lost darling Mum.

Used up a sad looking orange and made a simple loaf cake.

Watched episode of Father Brown whilst enjoying slice of said cake.

Like McCulloch the pleasure of not having to go out into what was a foul day weather wise.
  • 5 Watched another Amy Schumer last night and she was on about bits that obviously BoP does not have. Interesting but rude.

4 Wander is the new kind of tools at the mill. Video in telephone calls! This is the nightmare of sitting next ogle box granny warned you about. This way, BoP can converse with the hay suppliers and make his brass.

3 Talking of brass, it is all spent! No money left again, well after the floors are done this week inn the boudoir. We even need to save now for new pillow cases! I am thinking pillow fights, and the feathers will fly!

2 Today as you know BoP checks out things so you are not amused when it happens. Today, I have checked the weather for you and not like when the tree blew down back in October 87, today the weather people nor profit from giving the direst forecast possible. So one site says it is going to snow and another cannot be bothered! So there you have it. Otherwise enjoy the winter!

Remind me that I have to report back here tomorrow!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Lainey. your post just reminded me we have a box full of the bach remedies, and now seems like a very good time to try them. I picked up a 50p CS book the other day all about them, which I have er misplaced at the mo.

1 I’m finding it cathartic at DF’s, memories are coming back, which detract from tthe illness. I ordered 2 scrapbooks, and covered the cost of both using Amazon vouchers, it seemed right. I’ll narrow down the bits and bobs and book them up for the wake, and then us after.

2 We took over some pasta readymade dishes picked up half price in reductions for use as lunches over there, it’s something else we will never bother buying reduced again, but nice to learn at half price.

3 We had some other news today about DF, which is very good - and has created yet more emotions, they will get under control.

4 Just unpacked more bits, nice to be back in time to get washing on and to batch cook - it’s a kelp sheet lasagne I’m hoping we like them!

5 There’s a tub of chocolate ice cream with our names on later, well maybe a half, nope I’m not convincing.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello from the land of a bit of snow!

Woke up to the sound that means snow! Was so excited. I've not seen proper, proper snow in 7 years. We had a bit just before Christmas but it wasn't proper snow!

Drove DD2 to work and then went a doggy walk with Mr H and his two ladies. He hasn't seen his young lady for about 10 days so they had much mad fun.

Then home and potter, potter. Went to go to tesco to buy one thing. Bought four things. One was RTC cake. One was bananas. One was for DD1 and then the thing I went in for. I have a sainsbury delivery tonight as I had a £15 off a £50 spend. Hoping it gets through the snow as where it comes from is bad.

We went to see our old next door neighbours who were the loveliest neighbours we ever did have. Nice to see them both.

Heavy snow this afternoon. Turns out the dog loves snow. He and DD1 had much fun , I took a few photos and then retreated into the warm.

Easy peasy tea of sausage rolls from freezer and beans. And an apple pie (RTC and also in freezer) with ice cream.

Need to make up mind by tomorrow about job. I'm still not sure.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some NSDs recently.

Yesterday wasn't - had an extra shot in a mocha and it was soooo good and much needed to keep me awake when I took DD to take part in a public speaking competition in the evening.

House-buying seems to be coming along ok, I think! More bank statements needed, but hoping that the formal offer will be along in less than a fortnight!

Friend's GF is booking a holiday lodge in Keswick for a group of 8 of us for a long weekend in the summer :)

KW is back tomorrow and I'm over there on Thursday *swoon*

KW and I had a very geeky WhatsApp conversation about the cost of his commute to his various jobs once we move :) Love that I can be like that with him and he doesn't think I'm weird!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Only snow flurries here, MHags! We had enough before Christmas, though.

Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) School being worried about the messages being received by smaller son from the same boy at school who punched him in the face last year. :-/ I don't know what they've said but he's messaging again this evening...

3) Hens well but it was cold down there.

4) Got a few jobs done round the house.

5) Made a large saucepan of soup for today, tomorrow and the freezer.

6) Went out for a cup of tea with my school friend.

7) The healthy eating continues and hasn't been quite as awful as I thought it would be! Jeans no longer nearly cutting me in half.

8) Watched Holby.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have said no thank you to job. Feels the right decision ...hope it is!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback