PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. We are home. Grateful for a health system that is free after 7 years of form filling and charges. Lovely friendly staff. A clean ward. Free parking. A healthier daughter than 3 days ago.

A bit of tidying up & a snoozette.

DD1 should be home on a few hours & I will have everyone home. Looking forward to her travel tales.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 It’s nice to be finding pleasures again in its own right.

2 I’ve just sorted through the freezer, we have a little bit of space which is nice, I still need to clear another drawer out, but enough room for a Costco shop.

3 Just meal planned for the week and taken out bits to make tomorrow as we are ordering in tonight, but it’s also nice to be meal planning again I know it sounds weird.

4 Had a lovely catch up with the in-laws yesterday, took boxes of DFs art things that are useful to them over, nice to get things moving in the right direction.

5 A whole week of preparing to decorate a room at DF’s this week, and they’ve finally released his body, so we have a week of appointments, registering his death, and funeral planning, it’s a pleasure as its time they did.

Now to order in, using 50% off of course.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Caught a bit of the Archers.

3) Hens well and they had porridge for breakfast.

4) Did a minuscule amount of homework with smaller son.

5) Jack Monroe's aubergine and spinach satay for tea.

6) Watched the SAS programme with bigger son in front of the fire.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. An egg from the hens. They have started laying again.

2. Spent some time in the garden. Didn't do too much other than supervising DH. He was clearing an area. I did tie blue string into the shrubs and trees i wanted to keep.

3. Went to garden centre to buy compost with DS2 so I didn't need to lift anything.

4. Saturday night or more like Sunday morning after a night out DS2 arrived home with 4 friends for the night. They left about 10 but bedrooms tidied etc before they left .

5. Hot shower and an early night reading my book.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs PK - there is some comfort in the organising, I know. But it is still tough. Thinking of you.
    Glad DD is on the mend Mhags

Pleasures for yesterday

1. A soak in the bath watching Christmas Day's 'Victoria'
    2. OH and i did a trip to Aldi in the new car. Stocked up the fridge once more
    3. Delicious home made broccoli soup for lunch and christmas day turkey for tea. Freezers are a bit emptier
    4. Built a filing cabinet to replace the old metal one damaged in 'floodgate'. Was fiddly and is probably too small
    5. Have emptied office and part of lounge as builder is in today putting right the 'floodgate' damage.

Have a good day all - trying to get back to normal now
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you PK tough times for sure.

Sunday pleasures,

Bacon butty followed by hot cross bun for late breakfast, I was hungry!

Driving down track from cottage and a buzzard suddenly flew up from side of verge with something in his claws, slowly followed him down track until he found a perch in tree, stunning bird.

Bach flower remedies, time of year plus various stresses mean somewhat anxious, might be placebo but helping, welcome whatever.

Capt S came to yard with me and cleared field of all deposits, man of many talents x

The army of Saramum was just about to attack Helms Deep when we switched over to watch Vera, irony not lost on us.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) I don't have to go outside today (it's Niagara falls out there at the moment) unless the rain stops and then I'll walk Cookie.

2) Having full waterproofs available IF I should have to go outside today!

3) No spend day as all food will be from leftovers/stuff I have in already.

4) Making the decision to buy some jigsaws, we spend far too long reading which IS a pleasure but I've run out of new material and seem to be going round on a loop of old favourites. Something new to occupy us will be good.

5) Cracking on with trying to move and finally there are 3 properties all newly on the market which we'll try to get up to view, should one of them prove to be suitable we'll then get this house on the market and see how we go!
  • Just read that the Surgeon who served on Canberra when I heard that Steve’s brother skid had fallen on Sir Galahad, has passed on. Reading the Obits of heroes is now getting down to our events in the world, instead of the soil of a foreign land! Richard Jolly.

Oh look another birthday VJ?

5 So now we are getting the floor of the boudoir done this week. That now leave enough room to see the railway set being built inn the conservatory. Looks like a game of house chess this weekend coming up! Plan has been sourced. Updates coming during the next few weeks! Unfortunately, there has to be a sacrifice while the railway is built!

4 As you are aware that BoPsie does pop inn the parish. So I am thinking what can wait. BoP has enuff pennies for the railway or a bed for the boudoir! I can only get one and I need help! So suggestions please. Please remember that both will keep BoP entertained and all that!

3 Carve up yesterday. As I was only expecting to do a snorker and mash for Sunday lunch, it ended up as belly pork and all that, served with proper pan gravy. Onions were bound in the gravy as well! We was going to have BoP nips, of carrot and swede crunch. But as BoP is so good and we had one of my veg soups, very chunky veg soup indeed, that it was just cauliflower that BoPsie nabbed at 9 pence after xmas instead! I left them trimmed baby cauliflowers rotting on the shelf! That left the snorkers that were to be inn tea fried up in a pan with onions and served as a snorker sandwich as well! That was just a mid day brunch! Tum was rubbed!

Saying with good food, BoP had his Weetabix this morning, with lashing of proper milk, and also a slice of Jam on toast as well. Set off for the day good and proper!

2 Night BoP is inn the gym proving his beach ready body!

You can only view the wisdom of BoP in this thread. Elsewhere it gets a little more like …
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a very nice dinner of steak pie ( extra one made on NYD) , mash, sprouts and broccoli ( RTC) , carrots and cauli that have lasted forever in fridge.

I currently have a tidy house.

Was offered a job today at old work. Thinking!

Had very nice BLTs for lunch. RTC seeded rolls, with 2.5p lettuce , tomatoes that were on special last week and bacon. Delish!

Tidied upstairs cupboard. I left a house filled with cupboard space and I'm back to one with very little. This is a shallow cupboard at top of stairs. Brought a tall shelf unit that had been in son's room back in Oz. it's been a case of chuck it in the top cupboard. So it's now sorted out. And the books that were brought back for GN ( kids books and some of mine as a kid) are in there too.

DD1 told me she would stay for another week. I thought she meant go back next week but she meant stay another week beyond the two she had left. Yay! Went from sad face to happy face! I will miss her but that means we need to make the most of the time left.

It sounds a bit ghastly outside. Snow is forecast. Currently rain. But we are all in for the night.

Going to have an evening of thinking about job situation. Pros ( many) cons ( a few) .
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monday pleasures

1. Wet rainy day, pleasure being a swift journey into work.
    2. Vast improvement of support at work.
    3. Getting everything I need to done and realised how far I have progressed in my job after 1 year!
    4. As a family we are trying 1 vegan dinner,1vegetarian dinner, 1pasta dinner,1 meat dinner , 1 fish dinner, 1 roast dinner and finally a fakeaway dinner. Tonight's first offering was a vegan jambalaya, clean plates all round!
    5. More progress made on assignment.
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family