PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    MandM Dickens walk sounds interesting. DH and I have a couple of books of walks around London, which we are working our way through each time we visit. So many fascinating little gems we would have missed if we went by tube.

1. Antiques for Everyone with DF's. Strolled around at a slow pace. Lots of sitting down opportunities. Lots of beautiful things.

2. Bought my Christmas present. (Not antique, but vintage!).

3. Surprisingly nice lunchtime sandwich.

4. Continued on to IKEA to buy frames for a print we had bought for the living room, and meatballs for tea! No cooking :j

5. Watching films to remind us of recent holiday destinations. Saturday night was Tokyo Drift (Tokyo) and Friday night was Gold Finger (Miami) :cool:

Stay warm :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MandM -we have driven in France quite a lit. Mainly taking two or three days to get to our destination. We have stayed in some lovely towns and villages and seen some fantastic countryside. Had great good too in little more than roadside cafes.

1. Cold, crisp morning. Spent some time in the garden, general tidying but with frequent cups of coffee to keep warm. Listening to the birds it was very peaceful.

2. DS2 made a cooked breakfast.

3. Watched rugby on tv. Some good matches.
    Shame about the Quins score.

4. Went to see MIL. She was very tired and confused in some ways but ok in other ways. She was asking what we wanted for Christmas - not sure how she will buy it.

5. On way home stopped for a meal.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

Cold, frosty start made for a stunning, wintery sunrise.

Home from yard, very hungry, so eggy bread with fried toms with a bucketful of fresh coffee.

No exactly a pleasure but had my first tumble off Lulu! We were hacking out across the fields in the afternoon with pal and her horse when something spooked my friend's mare, she took off at a fast gallop and Lulu was not going to be left behind. Stayed on until fork in bridle path, Lulu went right but I went left :eek: As we were on our way home the horses galloped straight back to the yard and were swiftly caught.

Pleasure of a decent back protector and hat, yard owner came out for us in his truck so no long walk home. No broken bones for either of us and the horses were hot, but fine.

Hot bath, painkillers and arnica :j
  • 5 That's most of the christmas shop done. Ham joint, inn, cake had another slurp of bourbon, pudding steamed, nuts inn, sweeties inn, in packets not racket tins of 600g, no BoP has fested on 4 bags, sherbets, toffees, fudge and !clairs, well over a kilo, all for £4! That rip off tin cost again £5. It can stay on the shelf. Only need the chocolate and the main course now! More later.

4 Watched Ghost Town last night, with a fest of Chicken Roulette and wobbleades. Then watched the mighty mariners win inn Barnet! Checked my sky bet and it is up on the day!

3 Just watched the Ram Slam and made another tuppance h'apenny! May go again, but not sure on the knights. More later

2 Day for tea is vegetable soup, then salmon with homemade parsley sauce, served with new tatties and peas! Then dotted spick with instant lumpy custard.

Bring back Bumble and Stokes!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Weekend pleasures

Saturday : overnight stay of GN, lovely to have , lovely to say goodbye to!

Very slippy, icy dog walk.

Baking.

Snoozette!

Today : also very slippy, very icy dog walk! Beautiful but blimey!

2 RTC orchids. Nice chats with friend's mum and then met another friend and blethered for ages.

Walked down to friends with Haggis...was just popping in for half and hour but left 3 hours later.

Made a cottage pie to go in freezer. Steak in slow cooker just now for steak pie for freezer. Had a veggie Kiev and mashed potatoes for my tea.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Made lentil bolognese with some leftover olives and marinated aubergines this morning, shoved in slow cooker, came out divine.
    2. Trip to IKEA today - managed to get everything we needed and whizz out relatively quickly. Bought fabric for all the Xmas gifts I'm making :)
    3. Beautiful, beautiful weekend - forget how stunning winter can be!
    4. Snuggly cats this morning - little cat couldn't get enough of snuggling up to me. :)
    5.Made too much courgetti - have boxed up two portions of courgetti and lentil sauce for lunches this week. The rest has been drizzled with truffle oil and seasoned for an indulgent (if slightly bizarre) supper...
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 November 2017 at 10:57PM
    Options
    It feels like the weekend was sapped away sofa shopping for a non animal killing aka not a recliner corner sofa, such a beast no longer exists. Thought you should all know as we do, and it will give you a fair few hours back of your life! We have been to every sofa/furniture shop we know of and walked away.

1 We didn’t get up to an alarm so ended up a bit late.
    2 We tried not to drool while watching Jamie make Bonkers bread and butter panettone tart, and now we will also be making it, printed of the recipe and made the shopping list.
    3 My meal planning was all still frozen, so roast chicken turned into a hm burger with salad, but we now have room in the freezer for the turkey. I’m very much a planner and it’s making me antsy that we haven’t got it yet.
    4 Some more pennies as promised to self set aside.
    5 Thoughts are starting to turn to the festive times.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,197 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday was rather written off by temporarily wrecking a silly hypermobile knee joint. Did the damage on Thursday night but by yesterday, knee was so swollen my (baggy) jeans felt like they were tighter on that knee than around my waist! Also lost the ability to pick my foot up from the ground and searing pain so was in bed from early yesterday evening until lunchtime today. Anyway - much improved today though the weight of the laptop is pressing on it uncomfortably.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A very long lie in.

2) Sons did all the walking about jobs for me e.g feeding hens, standing at the sink to do the dishes.

3) Had lunch at Sainsburys.

4) Watched Paddington 2 at the cinema.

5) Enjoyed I'm a Celebrity.

Bit of a quiet day!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Hope the knee mends soon Frith. :(

1. DH has framed up more of our Japanese pictures.

2. Ploughed through the washing pile.

3. Cleaned out the hens and gave them extra bedding to insulate them from the cold.

4. Xmas dinner planning.

5. Too much wine last night. Must behave. :o

Monday morning has arrived too soon. :(
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 November 2017 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Best wishes for the poorly knee Frith.

Sunday pleasures,

Got myself up and over to the yard early doors despite every bone seeming to ache.

Lulu none the worse for her adventure.

Spending most of the day resting on the sofa, made myself get up every 30 minutes to prevent stiffening up.

Capt S came over to the yard with me in the afternoon and cleared Lulu's field whilst I sorted her stable.

Cheeky takeaway for tea and fell asleep watching Blue Planet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback