PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After a scary night when the flash flooding started to pour into our cellar, where the freezers are, thankfully all is calm this morning.

B: FF yog, berries, seeds, maple syrup
    L: ratatouille and rainbow veg 'couscous'
    D: chicken thighs in some way so that I don't have to fit them in the freezer

45 min dog walk - very steamy
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'll add these links to first post x

Part 9 deleted

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???:rotfl:
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your continued efforts ZippyChick - much appreciated
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 6.16/22 :):):):):):)
    CathA … 0/3
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 1/6 :)
    Doveling … +2/9
    FurryBeastOz … 2.5/13 :):);)
    GDB2222 … 7.26/28.6 :):):):):):):):A
    Gresleyrover … 2.8/4 :):);):A
    Karcher … 1/7 :)
    Knit Witch … 4.5/10 :):):):);)
    Lynnejk … 1/8 :)
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 1/7 :)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    SezzaF … 1/7 :)
    Short_bird … 5/10 :):):):):)
    Tea Lady … 2/14 :):)
    Tessie bear … +1/11 :(
    TiredTrophy … 3/13 :):):)
    Weewdy … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Zafiro1984 … +4/20 :(:(:(:(

2 st 11.72 lb :j:j :):):):):):):):):):):);):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, KnitWitch. Sadly, my total loss since the start of the challenge is 5 lbs, not 7.26. :)

My fault, as I should have given you this week's loss before, not the total to date. Sorry.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So glad we are back in business.
    All of you who have been dodging around the same weight for ages, I do so feel your pain. I lost 35 lbs in 2015 and since then it has taken me all my time to maintain that weight loss. I really want to lose another couple of stones but its just not happening.

Having the metabolism of a sloth and putting on weight if I so much as breathe too deeply doesnt help.
    Neither does going out to eat with friends, which I have done twice this week.

Anyway, onward and hopefully downward.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options

cba perhaps your body is telling you you are at a good weight and you need to maintain rather than shift anymore ?
    take care tessa

That may be true. I do have belly still to lose though. Must be a few lbs there. I don't mind my current weight, but I need to lose this extra stomach weight.

MallyGirl wrote: »
    sorry to hear the possible diagnosis cba - ME/CFS has blighted my SIL's life for the entire 23 years I have known her. It may be that you have reached some sort of equilibrium - I have been stuck at just under/on/over 11 stone for months now. Every time I make a bit of progress down then some big event/holiday/whatever undoes the good work and I am back there.
    For now STS is no bad thing for you - my SIL is still overweight, although 50lbs down on her heaviest now, and I believe it has hampered her attempts to improve her health. Stick with it.

Sorry to hear of your SIL. You'll know how bad it can be. Stuck in limbo at the moment until hospital can see me.

I'll keep going but I do have some belly weight to go. It's not a huge amount compared to where I started but it's still enough to make me aware of it and not wear too tight fitting t-shirts/shirts.
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CBA sorry to hear the news. Hopefully you'll get some news soon and can start planning life accordingly.

Unsurprisingly I've put back the 2.5lb with the increased calorie intake taking me to 0. BUT I am showing more muscle in the photos today than last week. Only 1 more week at the 'bulking', and then I start dropping calories.

Off to have a chocolate brownie while I can:D
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CBA sorry to hear the news. Hopefully you'll get some news soon and can start planning life accordingly.

Unsurprisingly I've put back the 2.5lb with the increased calorie intake taking me to 0. BUT I am showing more muscle in the photos today than last week. Only 1 more week at the 'bulking', and then I start dropping calories.

Off to have a chocolate brownie while I can:D

I am slightly befuddled by the calorie increase/bulking thingy..please can you explain. :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a weight lifting thing karcher. You increase your calories - particularly carbs, to give the energy and nutrients to put on muscle lifting heavy weights. Then you cut the carbs and tweak the weights to lose fat without losing muscle.

That's the theory anyway:D I'll report back in 8 weeks to tell you whether it worked:rotfl:

It's basically to try and leave you with a toned body with reduced body fat. You lose less weight, but look better.

Just been to gym. PX90 class. Now off to the paid stuff.

Have a great day.

B - Quark with berries, flax and chocolate sauce
    L - Cajun chicken and salad
    D - Something with Tabbouleh! Was supposed to be feta and olives but when I went to make it last feta was off so need to pick something up today. It's for a friends birthday dinner so needs to be more than just the tin of tuna sitting in the cupboard:rotfl: and I couldn't risk anything else from home as it's going to be out of the fridge all day.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family