PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The old thread disappeared?

Hope we didn't lose too much information although it appears over half my posts have gone, not that this overly matters.

Sadly yes. Explained here

Lovely to see the thread plodding along business as usual. It could be a time to update the first two posts and maybe add in more links etc? If anyone wanted to work with me on this (provide the ideas and I get and paste the links in ) just shout

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2017 at 4:55PM
    Options
    Phewwww! Found you! :)

Just to say that my latest weigh in was 85.2 Kgs, which is a drop overall of 2.3 Kgs. Thanks, KW, for all your work. And thanks everyone for your support.

Mind you, my weight is so up and down at the moment, it's hard to say whether the weigh-in is an accurate reflection of what I've really lost! Will know more in a couple of weeks, I guess.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks so much ZIPPY, just back from a couple of days with family and VERY pleased to see the new thread running Thanks for your help yet again, is there anything we as posters can actually do on any of the threads we frequent to actually PREVENT this from happening again in the future?
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks so much ZIPPY, just back from a couple of days with family and VERY pleased to see the new thread running Thanks for your help yet again, is there anything we as posters can actually do on any of the threads we frequent to actually PREVENT this from happening again in the future?

One of the other threads I am on, we limit ourselves to 10k posts, then start a new one.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow. I'm not hopeful - Upped my calories with not much more exercise.

Exhausted as I haven't slept the past couple of nights. So just indulged in HM Raspberry muffin and custard. AND because my calories were still too low, Banana and Custard. I'm stuffed. Off for a bath and an early night!
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    One of the other threads I am on, we limit ourselves to 10k posts, then start a new one.

I don't think we were any where near that though :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    Sadly yes. Explained here

Lovely to see the thread plodding along business as usual. It could be a time to update the first two posts and maybe add in more links etc? If anyone wanted to work with me on this (provide the ideas and I get and paste the links in ) just shout

Zip

Thanks.

It's a bit worrying that someone could just come along and keep hitting 'spam'to get a thread deleted. I'm not saying this has happened, but now they know it could happen, someone with time on their hands could have fun and games.

I'm sure if anything is missing someone will let you know. Others will have a better idea than me if anything is indeed missing.

Thanks
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options
    I can't even remember what I posted on the last thread, so sorry if I am repeating myself but last Wednesday my GP hit me a bombshell, that i'm likely to have M.E./CFS. Possibly Fibromyalgia and i'm being tested for Sleep Apnoea.

She muttered something about anti depressants as small doses help with sleep apparently, but I dismissed it as I know they add weight.

I'm sadly stuck - no matter what I do, I can't get below 11st 1lb. I'm cutting out wheat for a short period to see if that helps.

Breakfast i've started eating Omelette's instead of the evening. It seems to see me through until lunchtime and then I only eat a little lunch. I have to keep trying new things.

Well done to those who are losing, those who keep trying and I hope everyone is as well as can be.
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hello...on the chart i need to fess up and say i put on 3 lb last week and this week i have lost one so please knitwitch...

plus 2 for me

cba perhaps your body is telling you you are at a good weight and you need to maintain rather than shift anymore ?
    take care tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sorry to hear the possible diagnosis cba - ME/CFS has blighted my SIL's life for the entire 23 years I have known her. It may be that you have reached some sort of equilibrium - I have been stuck at just under/on/over 11 stone for months now. Every time I make a bit of progress down then some big event/holiday/whatever undoes the good work and I am back there.
    For now STS is no bad thing for you - my SIL is still overweight, although 50lbs down on her heaviest now, and I believe it has hampered her attempts to improve her health. Stick with it.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure