PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cheap/ healthy snacks

Comments

• YES :mad: :D:o :rotfl:

And me :rotfl:
    Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    slinks wrote:
    i wonder if has anyone has tried it...... :rotfl:

I Did, its good, I like that :rotfl:

In answer to the question, OH takes Carrot sticks, celery sticks and cherry toms.
    He used to have cerial bars, but I've eased him onto 2-3 biscuits, not exactly healthy but much cheaper. (He's OS too so it helps)

I have oatcakes with Mayo to dunk. I'm a big mayo fan.

The I make a salad mix, cook some pasta or cous cous and keep in fridge, it keeps fine for a few days. The make a pot of pasta, cous cous and salad bit, toms, celery whatever. Mix with Mayo if you like :D
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    oooo, what does it do? I am at work and don't want anything embarrassing to happen!

I also take cheese and crackers (good if you have a fridge or cool bag to take with you) I too am a grazer, I basically eat something small every 2 hours all day and it is far too easy to reach for a biscuit.....
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • weegie_2
    weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I take fruit - apples, banana's oranges.

Also at start of month take in a few packets of ryvita and several tubs of philly light.

Also bulk buy low cal/fat crisps - I can't be doing without treats :-)

Ryvita bars are also good.....

I find if I take stuff in with me I don't hit the work cafe where it can cost me £4 for a pathetic sandwich, bottle of juice and a packet of crisps.
  • I take carrot sticks, chopped up peppers, fruit, nuts, cherry tomatoes, HM yoghurt, oatcakes, I also take HM soup to work too.

I also usually make a massive salad (bulked out with grated carrot) at the beginning of the week and take some to work each day, and eat this if I am hungry at work with my soup.
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • Popcorn! Get abig bag of popping corn for pennies and it'll last for ages! And you dont need to use toffee to sweeten it, you could have savory or chilli!
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If you like a sweet snack, I like jumbo caramel snack-a-jacks (1/2 ww point each) - I also re-started ww after having my daughter, lol. Two weeks and lost 7 1/2 lbs, so chuffed!
  • Imelda wrote:
    oooo, what does it do? I am at work and don't want anything embarrassing to happen! .....

Shall I tell her?

Ok, nothing embarassing happens. The website closes down...... and then have to get back in to where you were.:D
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    Chinese Proverb
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What about filling a small tub up with raisins, dried cranberries, mixed nuts and mixed seeds? All can be bought from the homebaking section of supermarkets, weigh-it-up shops or Holland and Barrett for (pardon the pun) peanuts and they're surprisingly tasty to just pick away on when you're sat at work.
  • slinks
    slinks Posts: 698 Forumite
    YES :mad: :D:o :rotfl:

:rotfl: :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills