PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Airing cupboard sorted, clothes folded, put away and ironing basket filled

I'm about to collect ds1 from work. Hope it has gone well.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Goodness, it's tomorrow already!
    BIL coming for the weekend, so Mr N sensibly wrote us a list of stuff today. Team Narc0 worked well and between us we:
    - thoroughly cleaned spare room ready for BIL
    - ditto bathroom
    - vacuumed bedroom, my study, in fact all upstairs then I did the stairs.
    - Did a bit of wardrobe decluttering so now have a pile of clothes for cs.
    - He mowed lawn while I did a flower arrangement for church. Dropped in to friend on my way to the church as I'd promised her a couple of ornamental grasses I had spare, so that's them decluttered.
    - Rang several solicitors to get quotes for land conveyance which we've grudgingly decided to buy.
    - took fruit cage down, folded/rolled netting and put away for next year.
    - Picked last remaining loganberries and vast amounts of whitecurrants which are now washed, bagged and in freezer.
    - went to supermarket
    Momentum now diminished as I got sidetracked by a couple of programmes on guitar riffs ......time for bed.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Was at my voluntary job yesterday. Had an invite to the opening of the new oncology unit. Much nicer than where they were before.

When I got home it was washer on with uniform. A quick tidy and watered the garden. Off to town today to meet friends.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning!

Lots of exciting doggie news...Iona, fingers crossed for your hound inspection. What sort of dog has stolen your heart? I'd have hundreds if I could. And cats, rabbits, donkeys, goats and...

How did DS's day at wok go Dancemum?

I had a bottle of low-alcohol wine last night, which is just as well, as got woken up by Tiny at 1am and the dogs at 5.40am, so I'm like a grumpy tiger this morning.

More painting planned. DH has instructions to take all the kids (skids are here for the w/end) to see Despicable Me 3.

I ache all over. Flying may take a back seat today.
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Morning lovelies :wave:

Up at the crack as per, lots of washing today, washing, sorting, folding AND putting away, i have trouble doing the latter so im doing it today cos ive had enough of seeing the piles haha.

Littley stayed at her mates last night so ill borrow a car and go pick her up at some point today, wimbledon final this avo, tea and dailies to do.

Laters xx
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Lazy start today, DH got up with the kids at 7 and I had a lie in. I'm now laid on the bed with the iPad, kids watching Dora and DH napping :D

Nice day out planned, so expect limited flying :p. X
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Narc0lepsy can I borrow MrN? Despite being at home for 3 weeks now, and having a perfectly acceptably working finger (for everything other than surgery), it appears to extend to housework as well. Grrrrr

He's off in green for the first time in 2 years so will probably have a lovely time in Leuchers. While I am, sitting here with a long list of housework etc to do.

Work on Monday. 25hrs over 5 days for 4 weeks. I'd love to be able to leave it all for DH to do, but it just won't happen, and mentally I won't be able to cope if it doesn't.

So. HHC anyone?
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all. DH gone to the air show at Fairford today. We've had a little rain but luckily I don't have enough washing for a load, will do tomorrow though. Vacuumed through downstairs. Been out for an errand with DD2.

Rest of the day on my own except for the screaming cat (one of the lovely side effects of old age and deafness ;))
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,672 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OOh, Pollybear - just noticed your location after seeing the mention of Fairford :D - you're pretty close to me (I'm close to J12) Have been hearing and seeing jets etc all week! :D

Wiped out today - have had a low grade stomach-type bug and then went really wobbly and fuzzy headed when out shopping with DS3 for new uniform (10% off today) Improved after food, 2 drinks and a long lie down once we got home, but I think I'll take it easy and catch up on more FROG laptop based work this afternoon
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi greent, we're nearer to J14 but not so far away :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure