PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can't believe I've got another cold when I'd not got rid of the cough from the last one!
    Bathroom done to about level three-quarters yesterday; also lounge/diner as I had an assessment in there and it had to be reasonable.
    Have done about an hour in the garden.
    Emptied recycling box in office which is currently my ROD and fast becoming a frog.
    Mr N picked a load of fruit.
    Walked up to PO.
    Did a bit of research into B&B/cottages for August as we're going to a friend's party in Suffolk and have a few RSPB/NT/WWT places we wanted to visit in Norfolk so trying to combine the two.
    Not a great deal else other than coughing, sneezing and generally feeling sorry for myself. Maybe dancing this eve will brighten me up - haven't been for ages with all these 'mini-breaks'. Talking of which I need to write up the conferences/training I went to.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I checked the paperwork and realised my MOT ran out yesterday cue much panic. Booked in, and Ill just have to cope till Friday. My own fault, thought it was due the week we came back. It also made me deal with some of the other frogs, so £230 shaved off the insurance renewals for the cars and motorcycles. Not a bad days work, although I've only done an hour of the paid thing and really need to do another couple tonight.

I did some of the dailies so DW and WM on. While i was out picking up the boys the puppy found the log pile by the wood burner...

oh dear!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Bed changed and bedding washed.
    Towels washed.
    Bedroom dusted and hoovered.
    Chilli chicken curry made.
    Dailies done.

DD came for lunch before she went to work. I then had a walk as it was such a lovely day.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,
    had a productive day got the bedrooms tidies, a bit of a necessity in DD bedroom as the monkey had emptied out her bottom drawer of clothes :o . Cleaned the bathroom, tidied the hall of gibble and put away abandoned toys throughout. Dusted the living room and hoovered all of downstairs, steam mopped the kitchen floor, no more doggy footprints :T , WU, folded dry washing and took upstairs.

We're away from Friday for two weeks camping, though it is broken up in the middle by coming back home for a friends 40th birthday. So cut the grass while it's dry and planted out any plantlets that needed going in the ground now. Also been through the camping checklist to update it now that DD isn't so teeny. Just other stuff to take such as the potty now :D. Made a meal plan for the two weeks, and started reorganising what we're taking into the trailer.

Tomorrow's plan is to dust and hoover upstairs, get any last bits for camping (need a low table for DD to eat off of seeing as she won't fit in the travel highchair anymore), and pack.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi flyfriends x

Toothache appointment sorted I will need sedated to get a filling, I know I'm a big fearty! :eek:
    OH says it's the fan in my oven that's about to go it's making some racket so I'll phone the repair man and see what he says. I'm not holding out much hope as the cooker is about 5 or 6 years old now.
    Work was miserable today, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    I put some washing up in the sink but that's been it. Went straight to the pub after work and I'm a few glayva down :o
    Off to bed I may be a bit crabbit tomorrow morning! ;)
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Bit disappointed about Mr Murray - but he did look in real pain and I think he should have given in earlier. Shame about Djokovic as well, but at least he was a bit more realistic about his abilities.

Did the dailies
    Cleaned all the floors
    Put out all the recycling
    WUDUPA and wiped over the hob and all the bunkers

MAD today - cleared out the single kitchen wall cupboard, threw out odds and sods and a couple of ood things, washed out cupboard and replaced tidily.

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooo am I first up?

Sent kids back to bed at 5am :eek: sounds like they are snoozing still. Jobs this morning include a visit to @ldi although it's uniform and if the nutty women from last year are there again I'll not bother - they were almost feral in their fight to get all the sizes :rotfl:

Then next door to bee n queue for hopefully some floor edging.

After that it's home again for tackling bedrooms and some home finances later... then the usual Thursday evening shenanigans...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Up early as my car is due for service/MOT (mine runs out Saturday) and I take it to a place near work so I will walk up there after drop off. I have a couple of errands to do, too.

Union meeting last night and road home closed so I had to reroute from motorway junction and didn't get home until gone 10, by which time all I had the energy for was a last binbag run to fill the black bin and put it out. Just remembered cat litter tray so scraped that out and flung it. I apologise to all my neighbours for being on the front in night attire 5 minutes sago. Bin being emptied as I write!

Have a good day all x
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2017 at 7:56AM
    Options
    Morning All,

I didn't manage to get back on here yesterday, finally flopped in a heap at 7.30 and watched a couple more episodes of Riviera.

Kitchen is a bit of a tip, so am in the process of tidying that. Have unloaded DW and WM is on. I have one hours' paid stuff this morning, best friend is minding DS so that makes life easier. Then we are going out for a lunch - a bit of an indulgence, but there is a meeting today (I'm not attending - firmly declined) about the stuff that is going on in the background and I need to take my mind off what is happening.

Shopping being delivered later, and burgers for tea.

Oooh thanks for the tip about uniform Bossy, our local one is Batley I'm guessing you go the beeston one?
    Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all.

Washing out on the line and I've vacuumed through downstairs (again). DD1 and DGD2 coming soon and we're going to view a house - for them, not me. I'm just going for a nosey ;)

Nothing prepared for a meal yet, there is stuff in the fridge but I don't know what we're going to feel like so I'll decide later.

Oh, and parcel due to be delivered today so must remind DH as he is staying in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure