PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Panic cleaning the front room at almost midnight because it is Pixie's home visit tomorrow.. and I am pretending I have forgotten she is supposed to be home for it.. :p .. if they wanted to see her they should come in the afternoon when she is actually at home.. they don't coordinate times with parents so it is tough if they think we should coordinate ourselves around them. .. she already knows the staff anyway, and she has an afternoon there next week so she will get to meet them, not that I think it is important either.. generations of children survived not meeting teachers or school visits or any of this namby-pamby weaning them into school life.. we were no doubt all just thrown in the deep end with all our class mates!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ds1 collected from girlfriend's
    Pots washed and kitchen put to bed
    Good news ds1 got the job 😀

Short post as on phone. Night all x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done to embb's littley and dancemum's DS1 :T :T

I am surviving DGS3+4's long stay and so are they. A bit of whingeing on their part tonight but they were very tired after a long day out.

The house is remarkably tidy and the washing is up to date.

Hope to have news of a dog soon :)

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done emmb's girl and Dancemum's boy.

Piggers, I'm on your side...5 schools I went to. No transition at all. I was the only pupil from my school ( in one authority area) to transfer to my secondary, in a different authority. I have been telling kids they don't know how lucky they are, having all this time getting to know their new school/teacher all week. Brings to mind Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning Folks

Very little sleep here. Lots to think about. DS1 and gf are looking at south coast universities for his postgrad and her degree.
    It will make things more difficult to see him.

LR tidied

Good luck with home visit Piggers. x

Iona Glad you and your little ones are enjoying their stay. Hope you have news about a dog soon x

I have always wanted one but I'm allergic to most. x

Valli Not long to go now. We have 9 days left. :eek
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Morning lovelies :wave:

Didnt get much sleep so got matchsticks in today i look gorge :D got work this morning then dd1 and gd2 are coming and were nipping to aldi. I seriously need to hoover through downstairs cos husky dogs still moulting meh, usual dailies and what not will be done.

I agree piggers, it annoys me all this fussing about with home visits etc i was just bunged into infants age 5 and expected to just get on with it haha

Right, brew number 2 time fore i go for the bus, have great days all, well done to your ds dancemum xx

Laters x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Just popping in to say well done to embb's littley and dancemum's DS1.:T

Good luck with the home visit, Pigpen. Can't say that we had them or school visits in my day.

DD's last day of term today as she is off on a school trip next week. Not sure where that school year went.
    Busy day at work today, so minimal flying until later.
    Have a lovely day all.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and well done to those getting jobs etc.

This week has been mainly dailies, ironing and just cleaning the HSL for me.

I'm now off the paid stuff for a week so will be a lady of leisure doing things I like such as gardening.

Have a great day all.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,

Congrats embb and Dancemum and dancemum I hope you get chance for a snooze later to catch up on sleep xx

Five hours paid stuff today so need to be organised. As well as squeezing that into school /pre-school hours I also need to :

- Take DS for his 3.5 boosters - NOT looking forward to this
    - Aldi trip for wine :o
    - Pay some business bills online (didn't get round to that yesterday - sorted DH new mobile contract out instead)
    - Send a frog email

DW unloaded, WM on and we are all fed and dressed. Will slurp another brew (help yourself ladies :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:) then put my make up on and off we go.

Pork belly for tea and wine :cool:
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    *Healing vibes* for your cold, Narco and *banish vibes* for your migraine Mummyof5. Huge congratulations for flykids getting jobs, particularly Embb and Dancemum for sharing the good news.

Best laid plans and all that, but I have managed to get five loads through the WM and out on to the lines over the past three days but I'm still struggling to catch up with everything else. I will admit to wearing a top that was still soggy yesterday. A day at home today, so I might catch up a bit.

Whoever it was who said they'd like a dog but is allergic to most, apparently poodles are well tolerated by some people. Fingers cross that your adoption goes smoothly, Ionafan.

I know everyone's said they were fine on their first day at school, but I wasn't. I was absolutely terrified and I can still remember the feeling nearly 50 years later. .I got over it because I had to go to a new school every two or three terms but that first first day, so to speak, was horrible.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport