PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    List up

sorry its late

end-of-term-approaching madness + summer fair (I am PTA treasurer!) + allotment minding = NO TIME
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning ladies - congratulations to littley for new job :j

Today has started in a fashion I hope does not continue.

Woken up at 6.00am with a phone call from the kitchen delivery team, saying they'd be there within the hour! OMG.

Remembered power being cut for most of the day so the farm next door can have new agricultural buildings connected, so frantically showered and boiled kettle for tea.

Both Small Beans woke up early requesting hot milk...guess what? Yup - no milk.

Kitchen team arrive and unload units into the dining room. Super-tall chap bangs his head on the low beams at least six times. Beefy chap has tea (black obvs).

Go back to the caravan and am knocked over by two dogs hellbent on chasing a rabbit that has somehow gotten into the chicken area. It must be a tough bunny as I got zapped by the electric fence and now have bruised and cut knees, a twisted ankle, aching left shoulder and as dead arm from the electric shock.

Small goes to Breakfast Club, but not before he shuts his hand in the sliding van door. Cue crinkled fingers :( and big tears.

I drop my phone and chip the case :mad: but am relieved the screen was saved.

Life tires me out.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. Oh Dizzy I hope your day improves. I agree about the school home visits, I'd never heard of them until recently. I started school full time at 4 years and 1 month and I can't remember being traumatised. Though one boy did go home at breaktime (by himself) because he'd had enough! Secondary school on the other hand, that did traumatise me!

Washing on the line, the sun is trying to come out. I don't know what else I'm doing today, I've cleaned all through during the week.

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Slow start here, still trying to organise my day and indeed weekend. On limited sleep.

Will write a list I think, and give my head a shake :p

Well done flykids on all the jobs! High five!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your congrats for ds1. It will be good news for my purse hopefully.

Ground floor vaccummed
    2xwm done and put on airer as we have had showers today. I wasted my time straightening my hair.
    Decluttered 2.5lbs at fat club and got a shiny for the being best this week.
    Am officially overweight and no longer obese yay.
    I need to finish my grocery order so will pop the kettle on and get started.
    I have to drop ds1 at job no1 about 7am and collect him at midnight. (He actually got 2 jobs yesterday, 1 is only 1 or 2 shifts though)
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well not much flyladying done, but my washing has all dried and has now been folded and put away. I ended up going shopping with DD2 and then went to watch DGD4 - 6months old - at her swimming lesson. She enjoys it so much :)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All

Paid stuff done, top up shop done, DS booster injections done (he was super brave, so proud of him :)) now home with a cuppa. Need to shove the hoover round, put a load of clean washing away and have a shower. DD at a friend's for tea which makes life much easier for the next hour or so.

Just phoned DH to see when he will be home, he was so grumpy, honestly all he has to is go to work, I work and do everything else! Rant over. Looking forward to a glass of wine later :beer:
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Somewhat manic couple of days - so much that I'm not sure what occurred on which day! :D

Anyways..... GP (different one that Mr LW hasn't seen before) has prescribed prednisolone to be taken for 5 days - eight tablets each morning!! :eek: Then after a two-week wait, Mr LW has to go and have a lung function test. GP agreed with my tentative guess that Mr LW's double pneumonia when he was 9 years old may be a contributing factor, as it can leave scarring on the lungs. :(

Cassie Dog went home - I have Dys0ned up 3 x cylinders full of Cassie-hair.

Blackcurrants picked at the PYO and turned into 11 pots of jam - two of which are 1-kilo Kilner jars!

Jam stocks inventoried and re-stacked to get blackcurrant jam as above into the storage crate.

An entire pharmacy's worth of prescribed stuff collected from S/Drug - apart from the Pred, there were 3 more items for Mr LW and 7 items for me. :eek:

Loose button sewn back onto Mr LW's Second-Best Dog-Walking Jacket. :D (IE the very scruffy one).

Usual dailies and S&S jobs also done of course - can't have us living in a tip!! ;)

Sasha Dog due to arrive 09:30 tomorrow morning; so it will be yellow dog hair in the Dys0n next instead of black. :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Sasha Dog due to arrive 09:30 tomorrow morning; so it will be yellow dog hair in the Dys0n next instead of black. :rotfl:

Your Dy50n will look as if it's got a tiger in its tank, LW :rotfl:

Have done dailies, prepared and cooked meals, baked cakes with "help" from DGS3+4 - amazed they have come out so well :D - and visited a very nice and not at all expensive farm park today. DGS4 held a duckling, stroked a rabbit, and bottle fed a piglet. DGS3 enjoyed "driving" the old tractor and seeing the meerkats (much quieter than the other animals). Yes, meerkats on a farm!!!

Tomorrow:
    - finish cakes
    - make special "Happy10th Anniversary" cards with DGS3+4 for their mummy and daddy
    - deliver the boys back to their parents with a sigh of relief
    - go out with all the family for a meal
    - come home and sleep.

On Sunday we are going to visit our dog again. Keeping my fingers crossed that we pass the home visit next week.

See you all on the new thread, if not before. Hope everyone has a good relaxing weekend x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

Lovely to hear that you are getting lots of doggie visitors LW.
    VERY jealous of Ionafan, and fingers crossed that this dog is The One. I'm sure that you will fly the home visit. No pun intended ;)
    You rant, ATB. I've had my wine this evening, so all now is calm :beer:.

Very little flying to report. QHI before setting off to work, then a couple of errands run on the way. DH pressed Go on the WM when he got home so that has done and dried. Dinner done ( did I mention wine already??) and kitchen s&s. Errrr that's pretty much it. DD is packing for her trip away, so I have to be up early in the morning to drop her off. Actually I think 5am might just count as the middle of the night on a Saturday morning.

Currently slobbed on the settee and no intention of moving!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure