PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Embb Fingers crossed for Littley.

Upstairs on the list today. Guest on Thursday night.

Been for a glorious run this morning (the weather that is) Mist still on the Campsie Fells. Sun for a change. The actual run was painful.

Going to put a wash on in the hope the weather lasts.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I fear my oven is on its way out :eek: it's the last thing I need to be honest.

Oh and I have toothache and I can't work out which tooth is causing it.:(

Any chance the oven just needs a new element? And as for the toothache, it might be referred pain, so only the dentist would be able to tell you which tooth is causing the problem - that happened to me once and was most odd. Either way, I hope it sorts itself out quickly or easily if you have to involve the dentist.

Seagulls, dog and cat attended to; that now takes an hour in the mornings. Rediculous.

Things look vaguely tidy but I still haven't had time to deal with the two letting rooms and shower room after the weekend visitors left on Sunday :eek: and I need to spend a MAD on filing again. The stack is now 5" high. Back later to report how it's gone after Kelpie's hydrotherapy appointment, when I can get stuck in.

Onwards and upwards.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Just back from school drop off, Mr T and Scr£wfix. Went to Mr T as I had yet another voucher :money:, and was very good in sticking to the list. Apart from the cinnamon bun which seems to have dropped into the trolley :o. Going down well with a cup of coffee right now.
    Embb, fingers crossed for Littley.
    LW, posi vibes for Mr LW.
    FFP - my oven blew the electrics a few months ago, and I really didn't want to get another one right at that point. We got a new element from a well known online spares store, fitted it thanks to YouTube and fingers crossed it has been fine since.

I'm off to look at the list now, WM on, not sure that I'll risk hanging it out though. Catch you all later.
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Morning all,

Everyone seems busy busy! Long walk with dog done, I'm now trapped downstairs (ours is an upside down house) as the builders are plastering the high ceiling in the kitchen and there is scaffolding up over the stairs! So I'm going to use the time to iron and do some stuff from the bedroom/ bathroom lists. But my tummy is rumbling...

LW hope it went ok at the docs for Mr LW.
    FFP toothache is horrible, hope you get it sorted x
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I appear to have lost a morning!

Must get on with dusting.... Soon.

;):p
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too bossymoo, not at the paid thing today and i had a few things to do so went out this morning. Now behind on the tedious at home paid thing, and have a pile of frogs that must be done before we go away.

I ordered some euros so one thing off the list at least. I've done half an hour of the paid thing, so will now do half an hour cleaning and then half an hour on frogs.

Anyone for a 13.15 HHC?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    School run ran
    Assembly duly attended
    Bills paid
    DW on second run
    WM on
    Pixie collected
    lunch made and snaffled
    parcels opened, tried on and prepped for return.. buying new shoes for me is a total pain in the derriere

Parents evening at 3pm and DD3's meeting at 6.. and it is OH's birthday but his pressies are being delivered tomorrow apparently
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Progress...

Bathroom sparkly, mad half hour in garden. Garden of doom ....

If it's gone it's done:

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 2
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.

Level 3

Wipe down cupboard fronts
    If your weather forecast suits - and you're up to date with your laundry - wash any throws ready for winter.

Tuesday Twinkles Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Extras
    S&S kitchen - keep it tidy
    Wipe down all tiles in here
    MAD half hour

Wonderful Wednesday Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Rehome aything which is out of place
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around t he house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT
    Sorth out your handbag - dry orange peel is NOT permissible handbag content (just me then? oops
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LR eventually got dusted, vacced and de- gibbled.

DD is being a pest. Lol.

DR is a tip.

Disappointed with corner shelf unit. It is actually carp, barely held together. Will need returning... Meh
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well..did get all my ironing pile cleared but was felled by a killer migraine almost straight after.. Yesterday was a write off..only managed to fill and empty DW,,holding on to my head so it didnt drop off at the same time.
    Felt a little better today...so took DS2 to hospital..he had an op last week to drain a large cyst on his arm...has to be rebandaged about 3 times a week..Then we went food shopping ,took DD1 and Darcy..had to get BabyD a cake.
    Came home...played with baby ,got het to sleep,cleaned hob,DW and 2 loads of washing out.
    OH picked son up from his trip.
    He has now taken DD and the girls home
    I have just unpacked LOs case..everything is wet though...so 1st load in machine.

Off out for a meal for BabyDs birthday tonight ,need to shower LO before we go..he says he showered yesterday but his hair...which is long anyway :eek::eek:

Hoping for a day in tomorrow to play catch up x
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure