Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• MercurialNo.10
    Options
    Here's their previous guise before a name change..

https://consumerinvestigations.wordpress.com/tag/psychic-media-ltd/

James MacFarlane, what a business man. Hope he ends up on the streets tbh.
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    Leave a review on Trust Pilot here and add your like to the existing reviews you agree with:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pmconnect.co.uk

Google page, again share your opinion on this company with others and like reviews you agree with:

https://g.co/kgs/ydQNCK

LinkedIn Page here:

https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/company/pmconnect
  • adeski
    Options
    Agree with others here. Utter scam co. I have been away out of the UK on and off for a few months so Vodafone £6 per day Global Roaming has been applied to my account. Therefore I wasn't surprised to see my bill higher. However One came in for £120 that piqued my interest. Sure enough at the foot of the bill I see numerous weekly debits of £4 for Footbox.tv. . They also have records that I subscribed to it. I have zero interest in football. Needs TWO clicks. I'd not even knowingly clicked once. I suspect it is pop up spam that you click to dismiss.
    I first contacted Vodafone - useless. Lots of 'it's someone elses fault - not ours - you authorised it' get outs thrown at me (via a script no doubt) . They told me to contact PM connect ltd. Rang the no. Got offered a discretionary £16 .
    The amount owed is a lot more than that. I have refused it.
    Vodafone are saying they'll sort it out. Have zero trust they will. Now pursuing PM Connect.
    Any advise welcomed.

I am convinced the mobile phone operators are relaxed about these scams because of the kick back they get. It is outrageous that they can claim NO resonsibilty for divulging my account information to a 3rd party. (default setting on mine and no doubt other peoples accounts is to ALLOW premium services -!). The default should be NO. They should also email users to state " We have received a request to charge you £xx per month". This should come from the bonafide trusted mobile operator who have your bank account details, NOT the scam company. I note a number of people have said they got a text and didn't respond because they though this would be a scam as well. I don't blame them. Beggars belief that they are allowed to operate.
  • Amim
    Options
    RGW wrote: »
    It is a matter of principle. I don't like being ripped off and will do what I can to deal with it when I am ripped off. Quite a lot of people have asked for the letters I used and court papers to go after these rip off merchants as well.

Thanks to RGW's guidance and letter templates, I too was able to take back all the monies taken from my Dad's mobile phone account, including the court fees.
    After sending the initial letter and the follow up, I started the claim process and within a week I received an out of court settlement and the case is now closed. The whole thing did not take more than couple of hours, and it was definitely worth it as a matter of principle, if not for anything else.
    Justice has been served and it feels so good!!!
  • Noccie
    Options
    HI

How did you get on with your claim, I have noticed through my EE provider that I have been billed £2.50 every week for over a possible 3 years plus. I get alerts saying STOP but just delete them as used to seeing so many scam texts saying same with a price. I emailed the company and absolutely fuming as never signed onto any subscription, no idea who these are and my stupidity never check my phone bill, I just pay it as its direct debit.

Any help or advice etc be grateful
  • Noccie
    Options
    HI

congrats getting your money back from these scam artists, im in similar situation and will not let them get away with this, im looking at years of being charged through my EE provider, I just pay my bill but thought i would download the app and have a flick around, noticed £2.50 every week going over for years now, all adds up and fuming these scammer getting away with it. How did you proceed?? I sent email as unable to get through on the number EE provided me. Any help would be grateful

regards

Dean
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There have been quite a lot of new private messages asking for the documents I used.

PLEASE, can you include an email address in your PM so I can forward documents on. Otherwise how do I send them?

RGW
  • payforitsucks
    Options
    Noccie wrote: »
    HI

congrats getting your money back from these scam artists, im in similar situation and will not let them get away with this, im looking at years of being charged through my EE provider, I just pay my bill but thought i would download the app and have a flick around, noticed £2.50 every week going over for years now, all adds up and fuming these scammer getting away with it. How did you proceed?? I sent email as unable to get through on the number EE provided me. Any help would be grateful

regards

Dean

I've just finished helping someone obtain a refund fro PMConnect. It was a battle, but a FULL refund (over£1000) was obtained. You should certainly report your case to the Phone-paid Services Authority.
    In 2018, PMConnect were investigated by the regulator. Although, disgracefully in my view, no formal action was taken, PMConnect agreed to refund all affected consumers.

So in your case, you should have been unsubscribed and refunded. You may have to talk to PSA and to PMConnect, but I'm sure you can get your money back. Ultimately you can use the Small Claims procedure, but that wasn't necessary in the case I just dealt with.
    Contact me through the Payforitsucks website for more help.
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still getting 2-3 requests a week for the letters and small claims court papers and everyone I have heard from afterwards has been successful in getting a full refund including court fee and interest. Please send me a PM in if you would like copies of the files.
    RGW
  • shp
    shp Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 January 2020 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Hi there

Thank you so much for initiating this thread. It was really useful. I have been charged by Bounce games weekly £2.50 which has been directly added to my EE mobile bill and deducted from my direct debit. I have checked couple of times but didn't pay that much attention as I thought it must be charges for some 0800 numbers or may international messages. After some months I have noticed the regular charges in my bill without any description or detail. I have contacted EE first about this charges and they straight away advised me that I have subscribed for this paid SMS service from Bounce Games. It was all very fishy. So first they unsubscribed me and then had they have given me contact of this PM connect company. But EE washed their hands of taking any responsibility about charges and claimed that this is a third party service which you have subscribed to pay. Seriously! I have never! Big fraud!! So this is a scam run together by service provider and pm connect.
    But anyways I have emailed and called this pm-connect and had a good arguments over this by email conversation. They were ready to pay me £125 but for which I have refused as I wanted full refund which was nearly £240. Their support team did not reply my any email after that. So as suggested in this forum finally I have made my claim through as suggested government online moneyclaim site and I have got the cheque which has been cleared and I got full refund today in my account.:) I am now after EE who also helps this kind of a company to run the scam. They have advised me to make a compliant in ombudsman-services

If you have been also victim of this bounce-games(pm-connect) paid sms service kind of scams then don't just lose the hope and don't let it go. Please go ahead and get your hard earned money back.

pm-connect mobile charge support team contact number: 0330 122 4968
    Link to support email:help@pmconnect.co.uk
    PM Connect address:PM Connect,4th Floor Colmore Gate, 2-6 Colmore Row, Birmingham,West Midlands, B3 2QD

Gov online claim charge £25 to make the claim which you will get it back in your refund claim. Time taken: 2 weeks from the date claim has been made

Regards
    SHP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport