UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    The MSE unbundled tool doesn't work.
    It tells me I can get sky fibre and NOWTv fibre, but when I go to the NOWTv website its tells me I can't!! But I can get sky??

It's telling me the same thing.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know its because its not a low cost area, but still, I thought these comparison tools were supposed to know these things, otherwise its a bit pointless..
  • camelopardis
    camelopardis Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals
  • M_Jaggard
    M_Jaggard Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It offers me Vodafone Fibre at an address I'm moving to, however, there are no Vodafone services at that address. Similarly, Now Broadband isn't listed, whilst being available at my new home. perhaps they don't pay enough to Money supermarket?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Useless tool. It only shows non-fibre deals despite fibre being available for the past couple of years round here.

I can understand if fibre was only recently put in but after a couple of years that is so far behind as not to be trustworthy as to the latest deals.
  • camelopardis
    Options
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals

This was back in May and still only showing non-fibre deals making the tool worse than useless.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    M_Jaggard wrote: »
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(

Of course, Money Supermarket doesn't own this site to not make a handsome profit from it.
  • Lrain100
    Options
    Don't just rely on the prices please. I went with John Lewis broadband as the customer service is normally very good but have had such poor internet connection with constant drop out. Looking on reviews, hundreds of people are having the same issues. Download speed of anything between 0-10 then back to 3.5 or less. Can't watch a film without buffering or complete loss of internet!!
    Constant calls and emails to JL have got me nowhere. Ofcom will be contacted asap!!
  • thrifty_pete
    Options
    Lrain100 wrote: »
    Don't just rely on the prices please. I went with John Lewis broadband as the customer service is normally very good but have had such poor internet connection with constant drop out.
    A friend of mine is having the same experience, an openreach engineer is coming tomorrow to have a look. His router looks very cheapskate (he'e on the cheapest package I suspect). Given it is supposed to be white-label Plus.net which has good reviews, it is strange. John Lewis are trying to branch out into insurance and broadband but if they damage their brand like this then it will be a fruitless exercise.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback