Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help! - Page 13

New Post Advanced Search

UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!

edited 19 July 2017 at 5:45PM in Broadband & Internet Access
123 replies 62.2K views
1789101113»

Replies

• hollie.weimeranerhollie.weimeraner Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    JJ_Egan said:
    mfw128 said:
    As A BT fibre customer, with cheap sim only deal I regularly am connected to free BT WIFI on my UK travels.
    I cannot find clarification as to whether I switched to another provider that such would occur (to new provider if their hubs allow or what).
    So any tool that provides guidance on sim only deals and WIFI UK connectivity on travels would assist. 
    No you lose all BT free wifi .It becomes the BT paid for wifi .

Ha ha yes you're supposed to.  I left BT broadband 6 years ago and moved to Plusnet but retained my BT SIM card (£5 per month which was discounted from £10 due to me having BT broadband).  I expected the discount to end and also the BT free wi fi but neither have done so. I upgraded my data plan to 5gb per month and now pay the princely sum of £8 month for that and still have access to BT Wi Fi wherever I go and it's available 
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
  • neilsedakaneilsedaka Forumite
    374 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Not too surprising because Plusnet are owned by BT.
  • t0rt0iset0rt0ise Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This broadband tool is not very good. It's giving me all sorts of fibre deal options when I know I can't get fibre. Maybe it needs its address database updating.