Barclaycard- no transfer offers?

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    circuit wrote: »
    I once played around with this (after a big balance transfer) and realised that offers were triggered when utilisation dropped under 90%.

However, in the last year (or more) no offers at all have been available. I've paid off loads of debt in that time, and my utilisation is now 70%. I suspect they've tightened things up.

Incidentally, I also used to have two Barclaycards without any problem so it's interesting that you can now only have one.

I have 4 and 2 through migration. I get good offers every month and latest one for money transfer is 0% 1.9% fee until Jan 20.
  • JPD86
    JPD86 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no offers since February this year, strangely they increased my credit limit in march but have had no offers since then.

Frustratingly so as I have a balance I would like to transfer over.
  • Phil1957
    Options
    Try calling. I used to get regular offers but they dried up so I sent a message on the website asking for a 0%. Got a message back saying no, sorry. So I called them and said I wanted to close the account unless they could offer me something. Lo and behold, when he 'checked' there was an offer of 0% for 18mnths, 2.9% fee. Not brilliant, but better than nothing. Same thing worked with MBNA some time ago. Of course, you are only in a strong position if your account is around zero. Always call....
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And if you don!!!8217;t mind them closing the account if they call your bluff.

John
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Zero balance for at least 4 years now and the odd tenner spent here and there just to keep the account ticking over.

No offers for January 2018, previous one was for December 2017.

February 2018 offers
    0% until August 2019 for balance transfers
    0% until November 2018 for money transfers
    2.9% BT fee, 1.9% MT fee

March 2018 offers
    0% until September 2019 for balance transfers
    0% until December 2018 for money transfers
    2.9% BT fee, 1.9% MT fee

April 2018 offers
    0% until April 2019 for balance transfers
    0% until October 2019 for money transfers
    1.9% transfer fee on both

No offers for May and June - this was when I had spent £10 both months and cleared the balance each month, end June back to zero balance

July 2018 offers
    0% until October 2019 for balance transfers
    0% until April 2019 for money transfers
    1.9% transfer fee on both

August 2018 offers
    0% until February 2020 for balance transfers
    0% until February 2020 for money transfers
    2.4% transfer fee on both
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I’ve had no offers for about a year now. I suspect they want rid of me in the long run, i only now hold the Hilton card, which is no longer available to new customers, and they’re awarding between 10,000-20,000 Honors points each month, which will be costing them more than they’re receiving in interchange, now the latter has been capped at 0.3%.

I’ll keep going until they kill the card, at which point they can either offer something useful or I’ll close it, plenty more fish in the sea.
  • scott_lithgows
    scott_lithgows Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No offers for 6 months now,have cut the credit limit in half of one of them in the hope of getting their attention.
    Got 3,looks like one will be be going soon.
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pretty poor offers this month.

Balance transfer: 0% until 1st September 2019 - 1.9% fee.

Money transfer: 0% until 1 September 2019 - 2.4% fee.

On a positive note, they have just upped my credit limit. But they'll have to do better that those offers if they want me to use it. :rotfl:
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2.4% until March 2020, for me. On both MTs and BTs.

I've just used it to buy petrol, first time for months, as it had a modest credit on it.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Best MT for this month is 1.9% March 2020 and bt offer Sept 2020 with the fee of 1.9%.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback