Options
12345679»

Comments

• jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 September 2020 at 3:58PM
    Options
    The offers have now been extended now to 30 September and the longest promo rate is until 1 March 2022.
    I got mine on the day 1st September too instead of a few days beforehand. I now have my usual:

"0% interest on balance transfers until 1 September 2021 Balance transfer fee 1.9% Apply by: 30 Sep 2020 and 6.9% interest on balance transfers until paid in full Balance transfer fee 2.9% Apply by: 30 Sep 2020."

What did change for me this month is, I didn't get my usual instalment plan offer like every month prior for over a year. (Not that I've ever found that appealing). And I haven't had any money transfer offers from them since April. I've never had a purchase offer from them.

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SnowTiger said:
    0% interest until August 2021 with a balance transfer fee of 1.9%; and
    6.9% interest on balance transfers until they're paid off with a 2.9% fee.
    Same offer this month, obviously with the 0% deal running until September 2021.
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jimroy said:
    The offers have now been extended now to 30 September and the longest promo rate is until 1 March 2022.
    I got mine on the day 1st September too instead of a few days beforehand. I now have my usual:

0% interest on balance transfers until 1 September 2021 Balance transfer fee 1.9% Apply by: 30 Sep 2020 and 6.9% interest on balance transfers until paid in full Balance transfer fee 2.9% Apply by: 30 Sep 2020.

What did change for me this month is, I didn't get my usual instalment plan offer like every month prior for over a year. (Not that I've ever found that appealing).

Exactly the same deal for me. 
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 September 2020 at 9:02AM
    Options
    Bearing in mind on what some contributors have posted I feel quite honoured in being offered one rate until 2022 and that one comes with a 1.9 percent fee. However I have nothing to transfer.  I do owe about £3k on cards but they are on 0 percent on purchases. On one of the cards the promo rate finishes in December and the other is March 2022. However when the deals are about to expire I just pay off any  balance.  
  • funkycredit
    funkycredit Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 6 September 2020 at 10:13AM
    Options
    How weird - I've just checked mine and there's no offers. I only opened the account in June (platinum card) and did one BT of £2000 which was on 0% but that's paid now and I see no offers even though I've the whole limit available. 
    Maybe as I paid it too quickly they've removed my offers? Pointless trying to save money and earn interest as I'm maxed out with TSB, Virgin and other interest bearing accounts so I pay my credit cards usually monthly. 
    But still, it's weird that I've no offers whatsoever. :( 
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 6 September 2020 at 12:16PM
    Options
    How weird - I've just checked mine and there's no offers. I only opened the account in June (platinum card) and did one BT of £2000 which was on 0% but that's paid now and I see no offers even though I've the whole limit available. 
    Maybe as I paid it too quickly they've removed my offers? Pointless trying to save money and earn interest as I'm maxed out with TSB, Virgin and other interest bearing accounts so I pay my credit cards usually monthly. 
    But still, it's weird that I've no offers whatsoever. :( 
    I always used to get money transfer offers from BC but they have disappeared since the virus struck. However never needed them but just pointing out how things have changed. However all my other cards still offer money transfers but nothing more than 16 months and that's with a 4.5%fee. 
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    FWIW I have 2 Barclaycards and all offers have currently gone, well they have been gone for about 3 months now, have used them in the past as and when needed to make big purchases as low interest as possible, ie make big purchase then flip onto Barclaycard and pay off before promotion expires (can work out cheaper than loan if done right) I guess they are tightening up at the moment although it does look (to me) quite aggressive and maybe? it will backfire on them in the future with the loss of 'good' customers.

On the other hand MBNA and Virgin are still giving decent offers MBNA 20 months 0% 3.5% fee, 4% fee for MT and Virgin 18 months 0% 4% fee, same fee for MT. Ultimately It's anyone's guess as to why Barclaycard are 'pulling the plug' with their offers, my advice? for anyone is try and position yourself where you don't NEED offers all the time and then you'll be fine.   

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback