Barclaycard- no transfer offers?

Options

Comments

• A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Same here Ive always had offers every month for a number of years but in the last 6 months only 1 very poor offer. Not much bothered I get plenty of offers from other cards. I;ve got two Barclaycards so I may get rid off one.
  • ElwoodBlues
    ElwoodBlues Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in a similar position too. Used to get balance and money transfer offers every month. As far as I'm aware nothing has changed on my recent credit history/spending habits - except I've recently(ish) come to the end of two fixed length money transfers on both of my Barclaycards and paid them off in full. I've had a few of these over recent years and almost always paid them off in full at the end of the interest free period. Usually they don't offer anything when one is coming to an end, but a month or so later they have offers on again, but nothing for me for 3+ months now.

The only thing (personal to me) that I can think of is that they've noticved that I clear them in full and that isn't much of an incentive to them - they'd prefer customers to still have a balance at the end of the interest free period and make them some juicy profits at their standard rates? But I've also read stuff about the BoE and financial authorities complaining to lenders about over generous credit card lending recently. So perhaps this is an easy way for them to reign it in a bit?
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its been in the news lately barclays are tightening up lending across their product portfolio. I got an email today with a new offer, but this one is now only 12 months. Also the offer is "subject to approval", not pre approved like previous offers.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I cancelled my BCD after paying off the 0% BT offer. I never got offered anything better than 12 months 0% with a hefty fee. 2 weeks after cancelling the card I received a 2 yr 0% BT with a low fee. Sadly the card was dead by then :( I tried calling but they weren't interested in reinstating.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pretty poor deals this month.

0% until June 2019 on balance transfers; 1.9% fee.

6.9% on balance transfers until they're paid off; 2.9% fee.

No money transfer offers this month.
  • its_all_over
    its_all_over Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    I had an email this evening

0% until September 2019 for balance transfers
    0% until March 2019 for cash transfers

1.9% transfer fee on both
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've a money transfer offer until Dec 2019, for 2.4% which seems quite reasonable. As usual I'll give it a miss though.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The offer I had received in the post was 0% on BT till June 2020 for 2.4% fee. Shame I could take it up.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 June 2018 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Lots of offers again this month and the best appears to be until 1 Dec 2019 at 1.9% for a money transfer.

Longest balance transfer offer until June 2020 at 1.9 percent.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Pretty poor deals this month.

0% until June 2019 on balance transfers; 1.9% fee.

6.9% on balance transfers until they're paid off; 2.9% fee.

No money transfer offers this month.

Interesting mine was almost identical but I got June 2020 which is an improvement on recent offers. Shame I don't need to buy anything major. Will clear it down again and see what I need to buy when it's done.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback