Barclaycard- no transfer offers?

Options

Comments

• pursuitofmoney
    Options
    I've had no offers for the last 2 months. Balance on that is around 85% of credit limit.
    I've put this down to my applying like a i**** for a new bank account, must have applied at three before settling for the last one. Don't know if this would be the reason why
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had no offers for the last 2 months. Balance on that is around 85% of credit limit.
    I've put this down to my applying like a i**** for a new bank account, must have applied at three before settling for the last one. Don't know if this would be the reason why

IIRC Barclaycard only allows punters to transfer up to 90% of their credit limit. At 85% utilisation you're nudging that limit.

The formula(s) they use to work out their offers is a complete mystery (to me). My own experience and what others have posted here don't suggest an obvious pattern to their reasoning. However, what's on your credit file (searches, balances elsewhere, etc) is likely to pay a part in calculating their offers.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just checked my Barclaycard account and normally it would show my new promo offers for September. Instead showing 8 offers over 4 cards but all finish end of August. Also we were always offered money transfers but they disappeared at the start of COVID-19.  However my cards with Lloyds, Tesco, MBNA all show money transfer offers and Bt's. 
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MABLE said:
    I have just checked my Barclaycard account and normally it would show my new promo offers for September. Instead showing 8 offers over 4 cards but all finish end of August. Also we were always offered money transfers but they disappeared at the start of COVID-19.  However my cards with Lloyds, Tesco, MBNA all show money transfer offers and Bt's. 
    I only have two current offers from Barclaycard: 

0% interest until August 2021 with a balance transfer fee of 1.9%; and
    6.9% interest on balance transfers until they're paid off with a 2.9% fee.

I also have offers from Tesco and Lloyds Group (Lloyds, Halifax and MBNA).
  • diamondchap
    Options
    For what it's worth I opened a Barclaycard a couple of years ago with a 0% no fee offer and transferred a balance to the card.  Towards the end of the 0% period I transferred the balance to another card.  I phoned Barclaycard to cancel the card in March this year and they offered me a new 0% deal for 18 months with no fee, so I transferred the previously-transferred balance back to Barclaycard.  So, if you can, asking to cancel the card may trigger an offer from them.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I usually get them monthly too but I only have two BT offers at the moment. Really could do with a money transfer offer this month to put towards next year's travel plans. But also checking my Virgin Money and MBNA cards that have offers and they're the same this month
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 September 2020 at 10:18AM
    Options
    The offers have now been extended now to 30 September and the longest promo rate is until 1 March 2022.
  • buttonmoon
    Options
    I’ve checked my account and there is no offers at all which unusual as I’ve always had offers 
  • I've had no offers off my Barclaycards for months now - though the MBNA offers are getting a little bit more generous of late
  • SuperAllyB
    Options
    Not checked for a few months, and always had offers in the past, but nothing showing now. Fortunately I am currently on target to pay off all my 0% cards before their deals expire so shouldn't need it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback