Barclaycard- no transfer offers?

Options
Hi, does anybody know if there is any way for existing customers to trigger 0% balance transfer offers from Barclaycard?
They used to offer them every month for years and now when I am looking for one there is nothing.
Have not had any offers from them in about nearly a year. Thanks

Comments

• Stuart107
    Stuart107 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you checked online? I'm still seeing both balance and money transfer options when I log-in to my account (on the "Transfers & Offers" tab).
  • moshoodo1
    moshoodo1 Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Same here, not seen it for the past 2months now. not keen for it though
    Aqua Advance £ 9500 ( Settled ) | BC Platinum Card 25/25 £10500 | 24 studio £1950 | SimplyBe £1800 | Nationwide Flexplus A/C OD £800| Meaningless Noddles score= 3/5
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    I always have a 6.9% offer and I get 0% offers most months, some months longer offers other times shorter offers. Think it depends on how much they need to lend.
  • Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I think it also depends heavily on your available balance. I only have offers (balance and money transfers) if I have a few hundred pounds available (credit limit is £3,000). Of course you can only BT & MT up to 90% of your limit.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think it also depends heavily on your available balance. I only have offers (balance and money transfers) if I have a few hundred pounds available (credit limit is £3,000). Of course you can only BT & MT up to 90% of your limit.

I'm not sure it's that simple. My Barclaycard balance is £0. Some months I use it heavily, other months I don't use it at all.

Every month I receive balance and cash transfer offers from them. They usually write to me at the beginning of the month with details, then send a reminder half way through the month.

They're pretty keen for me to carry a balance on my card.

In my experience, not using the card seems to bring (better) transfer offers.

Presumably they take a monthly feed from CRAs and use it along with a fancy algorithm to decided whether they want our debt.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use my cards sporadically and pay in full. I always seem to have offers. I've just checked on one card and the June offer is showing already. The rate has dropped from 2.9% last month to 2.4% this one for 18 months for a BT.

I went on a spree just before Christmas and borrowed over £30k to stooze. (None of it from Barclaycard) Going from carrying no debt to carrying a lot has made no discernible difference to my offers.
  • slowlysurely
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I check at the end of the month online to see if there are any offers there because thats usually when they use to appear.
    I am using the card monthly now whereas before i had a balance transfer on it. Its a £9k card with 8k available at moment.
    I didnt know that Credit Card providers could get a monthly feed from CRAs about you SnowTiger. Thanks for that. Maybe they see something that means they dont want to offer me anything for now.
    I might stop using the card for a few months to see if that works
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, does anybody know if there is any way for existing customers to trigger 0% balance transfer offers from Barclaycard?
    They used to offer them every month for years and now when I am looking for one there is nothing.
    Have not had any offers from them in about nearly a year. Thanks

I have always enjoyed offers every month whether money to bank or the usual balance transfers. However last month the offers were only transfers to cards and were for 6 months only. This month the offers were up to 18 months but again the offers for money transfers had disappeared. All my accounts with Barclaycard and external ones all up to date.

Once I repay my balance of £6,600 in June perhaps then the money offers will reappear.
  • Pay_me
    Pay_me Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    They are updated monthly online and every so often I get a letter telling me about them.

Have you checked the app? Go to make a transfer and then get started and they should be in there. I get 4 new offers each month 2 x Balance Transfer and 2 x Money Transfer.
  • sjb76
    sjb76 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Usually i get the new ones 5ish days before the end of the month.

This month however, nothing so far on all 3 cards...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback