When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    You are so organised, it seriously puts me to shame! I can't even feed just myself for the same price that you feed your entire family.
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Looking at my SOA

Virgin is still in contract but as soon as it ends I want to cancel.

We do watch TV/use the internet. We have no ariel?
    I'm not sure what to do
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Brilliant news on the £35 compensation from the bank! :T
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Have a look at the Broadband page on the MSE homepage. We've got TalkTalk broadband which is £22 a month. TV is separate, I think we've got a digital ariel and then we also have a Roku box which allows us to watch iPlayer, 4 OnDemand and to link to my husband's Netflix & Amazon Prime accounts. You can also link NowTV if you have it.

My in-laws give us the money for an Amazon Prime subscription every Christmas and I think I will ask my parents for the money towards a Netflix subscription instead of the usual gifts.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I have prime (I use my sisters student account :o) I also share mums netflix log in :o

So other than 'normal' tv and my dreaded MTV addiction we dont watch much 'live' tv anymore.

I will have a look. Its a total mind field :o I don't understand any of it! Virgin is currently about £90 a month :mad: :o
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm with Virgin on their basic package at £35pm for TV, Broadband and Phone and it does me fine...
    Having compared them with many other providers over the years I've found them to be the best.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Yeah I can't really fault them tbh, other than £90 a month :o

£15 Amazon cashed out from VO. Might use this for nappies :cool:
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2017 at 3:41PM
    Options
    40 on Monday and 13 years today :)

Has it really been 13 years? I mean after reading your threads you've been single for most of the time or been with a 'friend' earning £60k. I'm not sure how you've worked out 13 years unless you mean from the time you left your mums.

I'm not having a go in any way, just trying to understand. You are a true inspiration to others. I couldn't do half the things you have.
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Has it really been 13 years? I mean after reading your threads you've been single for most of the time or been with a 'friend' earning £60k. I'm not sure how you've worked out 13 years unless you mean from the time you left your mums.

I'm not having a go in any way, just trying to understand. You are a true inspiration to others. I couldn't do half the things you have.

There's replies explaining this of us going backwards and post 664 and around there, and nearer the start too.
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    There's replies explaining this of us going backwards and post 664 and around there, and nearer the start too.

I was about to try and delete my post as I came across as a right !!!!! I didn't mean to :(I just think you'd be so much better off without him.
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family