We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you are getting your step dad to help with a letter to the bank, ask him to help you word a letter to the consultant explaining that the claim cannot be backdated if the deadline is missed and if he does not do it, it will directly cost you money. I expect his PA will respond then as he will press her!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Today someone must be looking over me :D

Tried to find an email to complain to bank. Couldn't see one, decided to call the number. Spoke to someone, login pin still hadn't been sent :mad:

Anyway long story short they have now set up a whole new internet banking along with new id and pin, this has def gone through!

Along with a £35 into the account as a goodwill payment for the inconvenience :D More than happy with that, I never complain and it makes me feel quite bad :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good for you. Don't feel bad about complaining if it's justified. They're supposed to be providing a service.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent news on the gas and electric debt being cleared as well as them giving you a cooker!!!:j:T

No thanks needed - for some reason I just cant keep my mouth quiet and keep posting and offering advice!!!

I was worrying about your log in details and nearly recommended you called them yesterday as I know that with all my accounts (4) new details are received in a matter of days. At least you got £35 for the inconvenience - it was almost worth the hassle:rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Excellent news on the gas and electric debt being cleared as well as them giving you a cooker!!!:j:T

No thanks needed - for some reason I just cant keep my mouth quiet and keep posting and offering advice!!!

I was worrying about your log in details and nearly recommended you called them yesterday as I know that with all my accounts (4) new details are received in a matter of days. At least you got £35 for the inconvenience - it was almost worth the hassle:rotfl:

Thanks are def needed! I wish I could 'show' how much I appreciate it. I still can't believe they have cleared the whole debt! Along with the cooker too.

Apparently bank said that yes the pin had been issued but each time it had been revoked, so while it wasn't the persons fault they should have seen this and known I needed a whole new login! The complaints person couldn't have been any more helpful and I'm glad its actually sorted now.
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad about the £35, absolutely right that they offered you some compensation. Another bit of good news for you :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thank you :D

£5 Amazon cashed out from Swagbucks :D I'm aiming for £5 a week from here, however some surveys have credited from over the last week hence 2 cashouts this week.
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    So what does your SOA look like now, Hidden? I think you were counting the electric debt as an outgoing (ie, paying 100/month) rather than part of the debt total so is it worth re-doing this?

I'm so pleased the universe is giving you a bit of a break. I also hope your OH doesn't know about the cleared debt, or at least doesn't understand that it gives you a bit of breathing room: you can't afford him thinking there's more money left over every month!
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I will do a new SOA as soon as I've heard back from tax credits at the minute its gone from £102 a week to under £50! So my SOA doesn't look good, I'm covering the shortfall with surveys.

As for the gas and electric I think it will be down to £10 on electric I know we use around that, gas isn't £10 a week in summer. As soon as they stop taking the charge when I top up I'll keep track of what we actually use. They said it can take up to 5 top ups before the meters update but I'm going to chase it up :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Well Thursday again, the end of the school week for the kids but the nursery teachers home visit tomorrow at 9am :o no lazy morning for us tomorrow :rotfl:

Today will be spent making sure I've cleaned as much as possible, finished the ironing etc and nothing is left out when I'm going to bed. Meaning in the morning the only jobs are to wash and dress the small ones. I get OH breakfast cooked etc before they are due to wake up so aslong as I clean behind myself like usual that won't delay us getting ready on time without too much disagreement.

I need to meal plan and do my shop. Will be a bit more expensive again this week as need nappies but still aiming at £30 for everything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport