We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    So true, O starts nursery in September on a slow phase in at 1 hour a day to see how she manages (plus I don't think they want the responsibility of meds etc). Time to wake up she isn't a baby anymore :(

There really isn't enough hours, although if I stopped trying to do everything it would help :o I can't really moan when I choose to make sure I do everything.

We have to stay in Friday for the visit so I might do Mr S for this weeks shop. Plus it will mean I don't have to take all 3 smalls with me that always costs more :o
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Glad you are out of hospital Hidden! I hope you are having a rest for the next few days :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Yougov £50 has hit the bank I can't access still :mad:
    So has £10 panelbase

Mum has spent my Amazon vouchers (not sure if I mentioned this already and owes me £25 for them she will bank it across when she remembers)

Waiting for the other £30.20 from PA to hit circle.

OH has to pay £180 this Friday to a trip he has agreed to go on with the 'boys' from work double :mad: because we have exactly 0 planned to pay for this.

New cooker is coming and being installed Monday :D

Spanish bank called over still no login details and they haven't even got on the system they have posted one :mad: So another set sent out :mad:

I think I am a bit :mad: today :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Glad you are out of hospital Hidden! I hope you are having a rest for the next few days :)

Cross posted there sorry,

Thank you x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hugs lovely, sounds like my day yesterday xxx
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad your back home and that a referral has been arranged. I know exactly where you're coming from on it being easier to do things yourself but sometimes that doesn't help in the longer term does it. As and when the DC's get old enough to be allocated certain jobs hopefully that will take the load off a bit.

A quick thought - am I right in thinking that you still have some money owing to your Mum? If so is it an easier approach to get her to take the Amazon voucher money off there rather than transferring it to you? Of course it might be that the £25 is needed for something more urgent in which case ignore me! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I will ask her that EH good thinking ;)

In other good news today I received the letter confirming I was accepted by the Energy trust.

They have cleared the debt :eek::eek: In full. I'm a bit too embarrassed to post here how much but it was alot and it has cut around 5 years of me paying it back :eek::o

Until EDF receive the same letter the meters will continue to take my repayments, this means they'll credit that back to the meters once they've sorted it.

I'm in shock at the fact not only have they helped with the debt but they've cleared it along with the cooker :j

Nothing like this ever happens to me and I still can't quite believe it.

Massive thank you to EE I wouldn't have even known about it if it hadn't been for EE. :beer:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have the BIGGEST grin on my face reading that Hidden - that's absolutely fantastic news - well done to you and to EE for making you aware too! :T:T:T

That's going to make a real difference to your monthly figures isn't it! You;'re on a pre-payment meter currently aren't you? Can you ask about getting that changed to a standard one to give you better prices etc now that the debt will be wiped do you think? You might even be able to suggest that any credit is left on your account to start to bolster you for the winter when costs are higher maybe?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    HI, that's wonderful and well done for taking it up. EE is lovely :D

I'm really pleased for you.

Also I echo EH's comments about may be asking your mum to take the £25 off the money you owe her? Just a thought, unless you do really need it of course xx
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    So glad you're OK hidden, and yay to reduced debts and no more worrying about the cooker!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family