When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to treat yourself to something you like and feel comfortable with. Sometimes you just have to have something that makes you feel good. I have just had a Syrian refugee family move in a few doors down from me and it has been a real eye opener. A young couple with a beautiful little girl. They have been so much and have literally nothing are in a strange country and don't yet fully understand our language or culture. We're speaking to one another via translation on a phone ap one our girls has. I am feel truly blessed that was born here (even with all our inequalities and difficulties),
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh they sound good! Did you just add them in and it still work?

Yes, I just added them in with everything else :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well morning again, they come around so quick!

Still a horrid nights sleep. Between myself and youngest we probably didnt get 2 hours in total!

Another tragic day for London :( Horrible world we live in. I don't even have the words to say how it makes me feel, or what those poor families will suffer forever for a stupid mindless act.

Kids didn't want to go to school this morning and where pleading for me to let them stay home. Nope sorry off you go :o Makes me feel like **** all day though even though I know they'll be fine now they're in.

No major plans today. I don't feel great so slow potter around the house doing the jobs, there's no speed in me getting anything done today :o

Need to check the date on the chicken and see if it needs cooking today or if tomorrow is okay. We didn't have roast yesterday, it was too hot! They had 'party' tea as youngest says which they where over the moon with, twice in one week!

Ebay sales aren't even worth mentioning, it was dismal. As a result I'm just going to give mum the whole amount left after postage (about £8) because I don't think its fair taking half.

ETA I forgot to pay the tv license I must do this today!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are terrible things happening but I truly believe there are more good people in this world than bad. Why don't you and the wee one try to have a little nap later?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »

Those sound like good variations on the basic recipe - especially reducing the syrup - they are always a bit too sweet for my taste. Of course from an MSE perspective, the basic hobnob is the cheapest! :money:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Opps I fell asleep with youngest :o I went off to do my jobs and just as I got to the last thing on my list ironing that was also on yesterdays list :o Youngest shouted mummy come sit with me! So how could I say no ;) Ended in us both away with the fairies on the sofa for a good hour :o

I'm sure I missed studies on PA :mad: oh well I'll catch a few later hopefully.

It won't be a NSD because to be honest it's too hot and I want some diet coke and more juice in for the kids. YES I know water is free but I feel rubbish and I just want something nice :o

No doubt I'll regret spending later but meh! It's coming out of OH tax refund because he forgot his card this morning and took mine(thats empty) by mistake :rotfl: you snooze you lose ;)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Those sound like good variations on the basic recipe - especially reducing the syrup - they are always a bit too sweet for my taste. Of course from an MSE perspective, the basic hobnob is the cheapest! :money:

I made the basic and then let DS & DD add some dry fruit in a bit of the mix and make a few themselves :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Not a NSD
    £3.75 Diet coke
    £2.38 juice and sweets
    £2 Ice cream and cones (To prevent feeling guilty about the several ice cream van asks)

OH has made be big :mad :mad:

Im furious, so much so he better go and have his dinner at his friends! GRRR! I'm sure it'll be sorted but sometimes he's so selfish I wonder why I bother! because it clearly doesn't matter to him as much as it does to me!
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no!! What happened? Slightly dodgy hug! :grouphug:
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hugs HI - I'm sure whatever has happened you will sort it, you're like wonder woman spinning all those plates!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport