When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the beds get sorted soon but it's good that they are ok for the present.
    Your meal plan looks great and I'm sure that you're a much better cook than you think. I really admire people who can bake bread and biscuits. You know there is nothing wrong with basic cooking. I grew up on my wee grannies soup and mince and tatties and I was a very healthy child. It does you credit that you do all this from scratch - no ready meals to be seen.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 17 June 2017 at 11:44AM
    Options
    Short term goals June

Council tax £120 (28th June) - £0/£120
    A new diary I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] need £15*
    Rest of unplanned OH purchase £50 - £0/£50 not in budget nor debt amount :o
    OH :cool: £175 - £0/175 don't even ask. :mad:

The plan is survey, more survey, Ebay and scrimp on everything else. I won't allocate it until it's actually reached the account.

*Diary yes I know stupid expense, I won't buy it with money only with the sites I can only cashout vouchers.

Amazon balance £5 (Awaiting £5 coming through)
    Yougov cashed out £50 don't think it will be in the bank in June though.
    My survey £10 cashed out to Paypal no idea how long never done it to paypal before.
    PA £68.33 Available/£36.70 pending

Ebay - 9 items listed, only 2 with 99p bids :cool: half the profit is mine, half mums. I will let them end this week and what doesn't see can go back to her and will swap for other items. I can only list 10 items a month.

OH trip. Needs £90 on the 30th the rest by the end of next month. Just want to get it paid tbh. I'm past worrying about it and disagreeing with him over it. The other £50 needs to be paid over the next 2/3 weeks too otherwise it will go up again
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope the beds get sorted soon but it's good that they are ok for the present.
    Your meal plan looks great and I'm sure that you're a much better cook than you think. I really admire people who can bake bread and biscuits. You know there is nothing wrong with basic cooking. I grew up on my wee grannies soup and mince and tatties and I was a very healthy child. It does you credit that you do all this from scratch - no ready meals to be seen.

I have the oldest bero cook book ever. Seriously I think it's older than me. I love how 'easy' the recipes are and no crazy ingredients you'll use once and never again. The kids love picking which biscuits/treats they want from it. I really don't do ready meals you're right I find them expensive :o Yet everyone I speak to think its cheaper than cooking?
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A Bero cookbook! My mum had one of those. I can picture it even now.
    I don't buy ready meals either. For a start they just don't taste as good and they are much more expensive than cooking from scratch. I bet you can practically feed your family for a week with a chicken and a pack of mince.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    I also have an old tatty bero book and a stork margarine one which was my nan's, some great recipes though.

Have you tried panelbase for survey, they are pretty good and can cash out at £10.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I do use panelbase, It's one of the ones I find best.

I love my bero book, it certainly looks well loved too ;)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I love this weather, kids are now happy to be outside.. might have something to do with the ice cream van being visited :o So not a NSD :o Might as well put my electric and gas on today too then it doesn't spoil another NSD.

Suppose to be lasagne for dinner tonight but I think it's going to be sandwiches and salad etc
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IT is really difficult to plan meals in this heat, we had pizza. The ice cream van was outside our house but luckily DH had brought 3 boxes if ice creams which were stashed in the freezer, so mine and the neighbours children had those. For a long time we told the children if the music was playing on the ice cream van then they has ran out - they used to go mad that he sat outside our house with an empty van :rotfl: it started as a joke but went on for ages :o

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    emmie26 wrote: »
    IT is really difficult to plan meals in this heat, we had pizza. The ice cream van was outside our house but luckily DH had brought 3 boxes if ice creams which were stashed in the freezer, so mine and the neighbours children had those. For a long time we told the children if the music was playing on the ice cream van then they has ran out - they used to go mad that he sat outside our house with an empty van :rotfl: it started as a joke but went on for ages :o

:rotfl: :rotfl: thats a good idea! We are quite lucky that we don't have a road at the front of ours :rotfl: but he was parked on our square yesterday for some walkers that where doing a charity walk. I hardly ever buy ice cream from the vans it costs a fortune :eek: wasn't too bad yesterday, he didn't have much left no chocolate or toppings etc so gave them double cones with raspberry sauce for 75p :rotfl:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wondered if you had tried the MSE famous Twink's Hobnobs recipe? it is post 4 in this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5392570#post5392570
    I make half the quantity. Watch the heat, they can get very crisp and brown if you don't keep an eye on them
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport