MSE Newborn to 1 year Club

Options

Comments

• ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Oh that's a shame as that's a great price but I need screw in ones as it's for the top of the stairs (well they are going on bedroom doors that are either side of the staircase!!)
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The pressure fix ones come with cups that you attach to the walls - the extending 'feet' which you tighten up to create the pressure between the two surfaces - they fit inside the cups, which makes them much more stable and stops them being able to move around if pushed hard.

The cups come with double sided adhesive pads to attach them to the wall, but they also have a hole in the centre so that you can attach them with a screw.

On one of the gates I used the sticky pads for three of them, but one of the top feet is having to press against the banister post, which is curved and funny shaped, so I screwed the cup into that.

It's very sturdy. Just check if you do buy them because the one we got yesterday from Aldi only had two cups and adhesive pads, but there should be four (one for each foot.) I didn't need to use them for the downstairs one though
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had his scan today on his hips and they're perfectly normal. Lots of babies there just popping in for scan and out again within a minute or two all fine.

Although poor little man was terrified! He was fine in the waiting room happily smiling at people but as soon as we went into the room he started looking wobbly lipped. When I put him down on the bed he went into a right state, red faced crying his eyes out. He obviously just really hated the situation.

Doc said it was normal at his age...at least I think he did, was hard to hear over the screaming!

He was fine soon after, with a big cuddle.

i suspect it might have just been a reaction to the doctors Hawaiian shirt! :rotfl:
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Glad Freddie's scan went well- tears aside! J had his a couple of weeks ago (routine for babies breech after 37 weeks) and it was also fine. We had the opposite- was a nightmare waiting, but an angel during the scan.

I'm feeling shattered as don't think I've slept between feeds as J has been wriggling in his cot, grunting, farting and sucking his hand really loudly! I kept thinking he was about to stop but he kept it up. Eventually put in my earplugs, and of course he woke within a couple of minutes.
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys, totally forgot to come back after my last post.

LO is now 10 weeks, time has flown by. Mostly settled into a routine now and like others looking at the dreaded child care costs :( did brief calculations before hand but it's so expensive.

Has anyone flown with their wee ones yet? We're visiting friends in a few weeks which involves a flight to London, trying to think how to organise stuff etc. Also worried about the, throwing our car seat about in the hold, I am actually tempted to buy a second hand one to make sure ours doesn't end up damaged. Any tips would be great. Friend we are staying with has offered to pick up the likes of nappies so we don't have to take them with us.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • minimuffin12
    Options
    Hi april, yes ive flown with my 2 recently and when ds was 9mths. We just had a stroller and hired a seat but if you bring your own seat you will be able to take it to the door when you board so should minimise any damage by being put on after the bags-hopefully! Hope everyone well and glad your ds scan went well freddie.
    Mum of 2 :j
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Glad the scan went well Freddie, must be a relief that all is ok.

I did a full day at work yesterday, it still doesn't quite feel real that I'm back properly from next Friday. I missed my little one lots, but he was well behaved for my mil. His settling in sessions at nursery have gone well and his next session is a full morning then we will be doing two full days. It was lovely getting home yesterday and getting the smiley greeting that my husband gets every day when he gets in from work.

Lo is now getting very confident at standing unaided for longer periods of times and taking more unaided steps (took three steps yesterday).
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    C is 15 months next week :eek: time has flown by! I've been back at work 3 months now and everything is going great so far. She's really settled into her 3 days at nursery apart from being bitten by some other child on Tuesday. Ouch. She had a wee lump on her arm and was feeling sorry for herself!

She's totally mastered the walking now and will not sit down. Constantly on the go!

She's still sleeping right now. I've been up since 7am waiting for her to wake up. :rotfl:

We have our 1 year review from health visitor today. 3 months late...
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi All

Just popping in for a catch up. I haven't totally caught up, but I see that little one's hips are OK Freddie, which is great news! :)

4 month sleep regression is real, for a lot of people, and it's awful. It gradually got better around month 6, and then cr!p again around month 7. Month 8 was a turning point for us, but we did do controlled crying at that time. It's not what everyone wants to do though, and I understand that.

Mia is cutting canines at the moment. Never any break with the teeth for her. I'm convinced that by the time she has her first proper dental check up in November, she'll have them all! Little nasher!

Otherwise she's fine. Didn't much enjoy the 13 month jabs though! Felt sooooo mean! She was very clingy for that day and the next two, but fine after that.

She don't half cry at the most random things though - certain episodes of duggee, the hoover, the blender, the thermometer.....can't fathom why!

Hope you're all well!

x
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »

Mia is cutting canines at the moment. Never any break with the teeth for her. I'm convinced that by the time she has her first proper dental check up in November, she'll have them all! Little nasher!

Otherwise she's fine. Didn't much enjoy the 13 month jabs though! Felt sooooo mean! She was very clingy for that day and the next two, but fine after that.

She don't half cry at the most random things though - certain episodes of duggee, the hoover, the blender, the thermometer.....can't fathom why!

Zoe is the same with teeth and crying at random things. Had a hard time with the last of the molars coming. Was off food and only wanting milk for 4 days. She's off formula and on cow's milk now and thankfully taken to it ok. She really made up for it when she wanted food again though. So we are 12/20 and can see the bubbles showing the first two of the canines starting. Dreading those ones. Looked at the chart and she isn't due them for a good while so maybe they will just sit there and not com yet. It would be nice to have a break. The last 4 were one after another.

At the moment she is terrified and cries at the roomba. Every time he starts up his rounds doing the hoovering she freezes and looks st me, I know she will start. Funny because two weeks ago she would follow him everywhere.

She's a lot steadier on her feet now. Glad the walking wasn't a one off. She does not stay still. It'll be good excercise for me! Her party went well but my house was a mess after. Ended up with 13 one and unders, 6 slightly bigger plus mums. I was shattered. Thankfully it's a once a year thing. The mums got her a lovely little wooden chair with her name engraved in it, books and clothes and the usual. But she loves the little chair. Think it makes her feel like a big girl sitting in her own special place.

Holiday to look forward to now. 9 days and counting. Her first cruise. Didn't want to fly with her yet. Got stuck behind a howling baby coming home from Hawaii last year and we decided to wait til she was 4 or 5 to fly after that. There's a baby pool and a big nursery and soft play room onboard. Hoping she will take to it.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport