MSE Newborn to 1 year Club

Options

Comments

• crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Found our nursery and school to be. We were only planning on her starting in nursery at 3, going into the school itself. But to get a guaranteed place in the school we want, they want her to go to the nursery for a small time. So we've paid the first few week's fees as a holding space and filled in the millions of forms. So she will start for two days a week from 2. Only a year and a few weeks off them. Ha. It'll go way too quickly though. Lovely little school and nursery. Clarendon cottage and the cottage nursery. The tours were great and the classes are teeny. Only 4 kids in the class that just left for high school. They cap the classes at 16.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Moreofthegoodstuff- definitely have a look around as I know of one nursery in my area that would allow you to do different hours each week according to your shifts. Its actually quite near the hospital so it may be to suit the hospital staff who work shifts so do have a look about.

Sleep is still terrible here, we had improved until about 2 weeks ago so i think teething is to blame, im sure I saw part of a molar poking through but hes very reluctant to let me look or feel which is why I struggle with using teething gels on him!!

I can't believe how quickly time has gone, im now officially off maternity leave and am on holiday!! I like my job so in a way looking forward to going back but not looking forward to leaving my little boy and im not looking forward to the fact I need to finish a post graduate qualification so from September to May have to also fit in studying!!
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moreofthegoodstuff I'm aware of a couple of nurseries which are flexible. too. Our own calculates your bill for the year in advance then divides it by 12 so you're paying an average over the year. Look around as many as you can as they are all very different, you'll know which one is right for you when you do!
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    I wish our chosen nursery calculated payments like that, but they do it based on number of sessions that month and invoice you every month, so some month's we will just have 8 sessions to pay for and some months 9 or 10 so up to almost £100 more. I went through the calendar and have made a note so I know roughly what to expect the invoice to be!

Has anyone set up for the tax free childcare yet, I really need to sit down and set an account up!

Its very true that you will know which one is right for you, I looked at 3 and ruled out the first one straight away then thought the 2nd one was ok but as soon as I viewed the third one I knew it was right for us, it just had a nice homely feel to.it and the staff are so friendly, im sure he will be happy there.
  • Beckyy
    Options
    ThinkPink I had a very similar experience with deciding! I still need to set up the childcare vouchers too, and need to hurry up as we're paying directly this month - not very MSE :o
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thinkpink - you can get teething gel applicators. Here is an example: https://www.matchstickmonkey.com/ Might help.

Have to watch what I say super carefully now. I was changing her nappy on Sunday morning and said 'Oh, you've done a big wee wee' and she just suddenly said 'big wee wee', so the copying has begun!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    Thanks euronorris, Ill have to have a look, but he is a bit funny, like anything he should put in his mouth like teethers etc he wont but he will put every other toy in his mouth!! Number 8 has just cut so lets see if his.molars.come through soon as I think.they are bothering him.

We are going for the tax free childcare option as it will be more beneficial for us due to me being a low earner when im part time and ohs work not offering childcare vouchers.

After viewing the first two nurseries I thought maybe my expectations were too high and what I had in my mind didn't exist, but as soon as I viewed the third one I found exactly what I wanted and expected from a nursery. It was things like one of them charged £43 a day but didn't have room in their fridge for lunches so you had to send them in with ice packs, and another one had a lot of apprentices working (pretty much one to.each qualified member of staff). I need to.go and buy him some cheap clothes for nursery as I dont want his normal stuff getting ruined or lost!!
  • Beckyy
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Baby and toddler event in Aldi starts tomorrow.
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    We are good. I did a morning at work today, my first time n over a year, luckily it went quickly and I was soon back having a cuddle with my baby. He was very well behaved for his Nan. We also had the first settling session at nursery last week, we stayed but he wasn't interested in us at all, he was happy going of to play. We have another session tomorrow and I leave him for this one, I'm sure it will be fine.

We have just cut part of a molar too, I thought he had as he was really dribbling and restless the night before last. He has also taken a couple of unaided steps! He is growing up far too quickly.

How are things with you beckyy?
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Zoe turns one tomorrow. The year has flown. Seen all the family today for presents and a little party and we will have tomorrow for us. Monday she's having a party with all her little friends. 12 babies plus mums. I must be nuts.

She's been trying to walk for ages and today it just came out of nowhere. Started walking across the room at her grandma's, to try and grab cake! She's gone to bed early. Just krept out if her room now. Must have fired her out.

She's cut the molars too think pink. Total sympathy. They're evil ones. She's got top and bottom left through and bottom right is starting. All I think to keep sane is she won't remember it all, and 11 down, 8 to go. Not looking forward to canines at all.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport